Riverbus In Bkk

TacoGuy

Over several trips to BKK I have never been on the river bus which seems to criss cross the Chao Paraya. Can anyone give some quick tips on where would be best to try out this service? Is it hop-on / hop-off? What does it cost? I think I have also seen a large canal boat-bus service in central BKK but can't recall where? Basically I want try out the water transport...

There may be a hop-on/hop-off service on the tourist boat, but I'm not sure. I usually take the local express boat. I've always paid 13 baht for one trip. I've never taken more than one in the same day, though, so I'm not sure how that works.

If you're taking public transport, I recommend getting on near the Sathorn Pier - next to the Saphan Tasksin BTS stop. If you exit the BTS and follow the signs to the correct exit, the river ferry stop is only about a 1-2 minute walk away. Very easy.

This website is a good starter for the river boats http://bangkok.sawadee.com/expressboat.htm whilst this one gives you an overview of the Khlong Saen Saep http://www.bangkok.com/attraction-waterway/khlongs-khlong-saen-saeb-boat-route-guide.htm suspect there might be some better websites but it gives an idea, I use this service regularly, you need to be very agile as they barely stop and avoid the rush hour.

If ya get off the skytrain at riverside,it's the last stop before going over the river.When you leave the skytrain the river is right in front of ya.

I believe it was something like 17 baht to ride.Check out the websites theres plenty of places where ya can get off the boaT,Chinatown,kaosan road just to name A few.They arrive every 10 or 15 minutes.