Thai Visa (how To I.d Other Members)

Cheeky Farang

Thai Visa (how to I.D other members)

Just an Idea

How many of us walk around the streets, sois, town’s and villages etc of Thailand? How many of us have looked at another Farang, and just wondered if they are a tourist or expats, or even TV members.

How about we have a code to help us other TV members know we are forum lurkers ?

Ideas

(1)Secret word in our initial contact that would not be out of place in normal conversation. ie (good day, how are you, I am here today visiting my grand dad /father) Thought for most of us this would be neigh on impossible, its not the sort of thing normally said in general conversation, but also not that odd. Any ideas ?

(2)A special signal, for those on the other side if road or shopping isle., ie scratching of the left ear. Any Ideas ?

(can't use nose picking, we will think every Thai is a TV member :o:D )

Any one open to ideas, once we have a few, we could POLL them for both the initial contact scenario, and distance visual.

COME ON LETS MAKE THE “Masons”

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one member here who you'll easily identify in Thailand.

He's got a large round head and has a jaundiced look about him. He's often seen rolling on the floor from side to side in a state of hysterical laughter. His dress code consists of only a pair of big blue boots.

That'll be Totster suffering from smilie abuse.

:o

Edited by Gazza

Frankly, I don't care if a farang I see in the street is a tourist, expat or otherwise.

In all of my eight years in this country, I have to say that farangs are the most unfriendliest bunch of people here that another farang could ever meet. I have lost count of the amount of times that I have walked past a farang in the street and have tried to get eye contact in order to exchange a friendly nod, or even said hello and just been completely ignored.

For this reason I live in areas where there are next to no farangs, as I find the Thais much better people to get on with. I also only go into Sukhumvit or Silom whenever it is that I need to get some half-decent farang food.

Edited by mrreality

In all of my eight years in this country, I have to say that farangs are the most unfriendliest bunch of people here that another farang could ever meet.  I have lost count of the amount of times that I have walked past a farang in the street and have tried to get eye contact in order to exchange a friendly nod, or even said hello and just been completely ignored.

agreed, I am starting to feel the same, i will smile and say hello, most times to the face of the farang...only to get a smile back from his missus :o

I understand that some guys just wanna keep themselves to themselves but me mam always tells me "manners maketh a man"

QUOTE(Pandit @ 2005-09-18 08:44:50)

TV members are already easy to identify - chubby, bald, old, and with a 18 y/o .........

Almost right. I am middle aged, thinning hair, a little over weight but with a 22 year old ............. my daughter was 22 yesterday.

:o

If we were shopping and spotted a likely suspect we could simply ask where they keep the bedlam.....if they say "what's a bedlam" we could just say it is a spice or make up some other lame excuse. If, however, they responded with " if it was up your a55 you'd know!" ...then we immediately know that they are a seasoned veteran!

In all of my eight years in this country, I have to say that farangs are the most unfriendliest bunch of people here that another farang could ever meet.  I have lost count of the amount of times that I have walked past a farang in the street and have tried to get eye contact in order to exchange a friendly nod, or even said hello and just been completely ignored.

This might be a little off topic but having mentioned about eye contact, I wonder if you meet some girls in a place like Qbar or HRC or CM2 and she makes an eye contact with you, will that give you the first impression that she might be a working girl? I'm asking this because there are sometimes I got an eye contact in such places - I don't really know what to do. I don't want to be understood as an unfriendly person nor a working girl (which is even worse) so most of the time I choose to ignore the look .. well.. Am I missing anything? :o

gintOnic :D

In all of my eight years in this country, I have to say that farangs are the most unfriendliest bunch of people here that another farang could ever meet....................................................

whatever gave you that idea you miserable daft fck faced cnt.

:o:D:D

Why would you go ahead to assume this applies to everyone? My guess is that these folks just didn't want to have anything to do with you and, on the available evidence, I applaud their choice.

In all of my eight years in this country, I have to say that farangs are the most unfriendliest bunch of people here that another farang could ever meet....................................................

:D:D:D

Apparantely he's hanging out in the wrong places. The majority of farangs I have met wether they were Aussies, Brits, Americans, etc. have been pretty friendly. Of course there will be the odd ###### or two and probably is in his home country. :o

Recognising a farang male who is other than a tourist is usually not so difficult. He doesn't look lost or scared. If his lady is with him, you see how deftly he has learned to steer here past gold shops. He may drive a pickup. He may have children with him who don't have blond or ginger hair or pale skins. He's passed the 'strewth that's cheap I gotta buy it' stage. His skin's neither white nor red.

Farang women I don't know about. Although I guess that the tourist ones are those who give me dirty looks when they see my wife! The type who ask me why I have a Thai wife instead of an English one and don't like my answer.

Farang who are TV members are not easy to distinguish from other non-tourists. Perhaps a badge would be the answer. Or a tattoo for those who have room for more. Or a sticker that says 'I'm not a tourist, I'm a TV'. Maybe the last one could get us into too much bother if it's misunderstood. :o

:o:D

I too find some farang around Isaan very nervous when meeting myself and other guys I know. Just last week I was walking round the lake in Khon Kaen and one older guy(60ish) and his woman walked towrds us on the path. My wife and his smiled but the

guy looked straight at the ground when passing me.

Often, if you say "Hi mate, where are you from?" they turn out to be decent enough.

You can tell the guys who have been here for a while or are living here from the ones

just up from Pattaya for a few days on their holidays.

I think a funny handshake or a code word would be good, as i'm sure Ive met some guys who are regular posters on here without knowing it.

Edited by Neeranam