Have You Traveled Everywhere In Thailand

I doubt many people have been everywhere (all 77 provinces?)

I've been to all the regions of Thailand and have basically visited every place that I'm interested in visiting, but I have by no means been everywhere. The only places that I have not been that I really have a strong desire to visit, are the andaman islands off the coast of Trang and Khao Sok Park north of Phuket. I would also like to visit Nan or the Mae Sot sometime if I'm in the area, but these aren't huge priorities.

I'll echo the other posters and say that the Issan region is a great place to travel, especially if you do it by motorcycle or car. The Khmer temple ruins in south Issan blow away anything you will see in Ayutthaya or Sukothai.

I haven't mad it to all 77 or is it 78? I am trying though. By that time it might be 79 or 80.

Not every where, same as I have not traveled the whole of my home country, but most of the places that interest me.

Problem is that I started about 25 years ago, when Koh PhiPhi was still a natural park with a couple of bungalows and 1 (one) restaurant, Ao Nang in Krabi had 3 hotels and a couple of restaurants, etc. etc.

Agree about the Khmer temples in south Isaan except Pimai (too commercialized) and indeed the friendly locals.

Have however come to the age where comfort standards are more important than the scenery so now restrict myself to higher end hotels, and these are usually found in the tourist areas.

Shame really, but at 75 my adventure days are long gone.

Yermanee

Jeez, I thought by your pic you weren't older than 25! ;)

You had a great time to visit Thailand. Most places are over developed and over run with tourists. I've only been traveling here for 10 years, but even in that time frame, I've see big changes all over the country.

Wifey and I were in Panama 3 years ago. During our transit of the canal, we met with a group of 25 travelers who were also on our boat. None were younger than 65 and several were in their 80's. All were doing a 2 week tour of Panama. Great stuff!!!!!

I started 33 years ago. Patong had 1 hotel.

Not every where, same as I have not traveled the whole of my home country, but most of the places that interest me.

Problem is that I started about 25 years ago, when Koh PhiPhi was still a natural park with a couple of bungalows and 1 (one) restaurant, Ao Nang in Krabi had 3 hotels and a couple of restaurants, etc. etc.

Agree about the Khmer temples in south Isaan except Pimai (too commercialized) and indeed the friendly locals.

Have however come to the age where comfort standards are more important than the scenery so now restrict myself to higher end hotels, and these are usually found in the tourist areas.

Yermanee

You had a great time to visit Thailand. Most places are over developed and over run with tourists. I've only been traveling here for 10 years, but even in that time frame, I've see big changes all over the country.

Wifey and I were in Panama 3 years ago. During our transit of the canal, we met with a group of 25 travelers who were also on our boat. None were younger than 65 and several were in their 80's. All were doing a 2 week tour of Panama. Great stuff!!!!!

I have been in Mae Hong Son some years ago and the first thing that amused me was when I arrived at the airport. Because it is so small and you can barely call it an airport :D

In Mae Hong Son and around there a lots of hill tribes who definitely is a visit worth. You won't find many tourist there. Get an offer from a local guide and have some trips around in the mountains. Very peaceful and relaxing, you find yourself very far from the civilization.

Yermanee

They have hotels in Patong now ? :(

Ive at east been thru most provinces. Sort of lame question in that at least a dozen must go places aren't even listed. Ive never been to PP and other than Similans and Phuket bus station never been anywhere in Phuket - I really cannot tolerate loud, fat, smug tourists.

I've camped every island in the Andaman possible save for Bulon Le that has an NP and a few on the sly. Im not so big on the the Chaing MAi area. The far North has a bit of charm. I've been all over Lao, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam. 4x Myanmar, ten year visa for India. Going to Nepal (for the gf, its finished) in a week. HKG, SIN ....Korea. Lived in many of those places as well.

Been up in the IndianHimalaya many, many times and Paki Hindu Kush.

What slays me is the guys that have been here for years and never make it out of Pattaya. Merely traded a hole in their home country for one with lots of cheap beer and cheaper women.