Stooltest Occult Blood

kanGBK

If you are already registered at Chiang Mai Ram you can usually go direct to the lab nurse station (ground floor towards the back door/toilets, along from the cashier desks)

Take your specimen, labelled with your name/hospital ID number and ask for the occult blood test.

I did this a few times for blood/urine tests etc. to avoid the cost of seeing doctors and it worked fine. I had to pay in advance, and got the result the same day. Can't guarantee they still do this, but you could try anyway.

A one off test is not sufficient for a decent result. It needs to be conducted over a three day period. The lab should give you three sample containers, with a reagent inside and they also include mini "dip sticks" I just had one done the other day, but not in Chiangmai.

To jko,,,,,,,It's worth seeing a doctor instead of relying on a lab employee

it's only a 60 baht test at MTlab. Method is listed as "ICT". Processed in lab. One day for results.

Only results in positive or negative result but just once would not be enough if the negative. Obviously a positive result indicates the presence of blood..

Test in catalog is UO13-01

MTlab is in the business park located behind and to the south/east of Carrefour

MTLab location