Internet Connection

Yonok

Hi

Can anyone help direct me to the best internet arrangement for Northern Thailand. I will be staying in Chiang Saen City, at the end of this year, so I am assuming it would be through telephone-line.

I have English laptop and notebook, so I could use the laptop or connect the notebook to a monitor, assuming I can purchase a monitor that will connect. I hear that internet speeds are poor, what might the best I could hope for?

Also would want to use Skype or something to keep in contact with family back in UK.

Many thanks

Keith

Maybe woralak, could answer the question or others that live in that area.

I actually live in Chiang Khong so can't comment on Chiang Sean, i use 3BB and it is very fast and reliable (most of the time ), maybe Jubby could comment on the laptop set up.

Edited by woralak

I actually live in Chiang Khong so can't comment on Chiang Sean, i use 3BB and it is very fast and reliable (most of the time ), maybe Jubby could comment on the laptop set up.

Sorry

Was not sure if you were close.

At least i tried :jap:

if he's staying in 'Chiang Saen City' , i.e the town Area, then I very much suspect he'll have the option of a landline with either 3BB or TOT .

Thats the way to go.

No problem, No worries. Usually a free instalation these days. 6 meg.

3BB..give me a break..At the beginning the Internet is great. Then they starts blocking webpages which I can access thru CAT. I used VoIP and during convo, the voice was on and off.

I used ToT at one of the hotel and it doesn't perform either.

TOT ADSL @ 6MB for about 700 baht works very well from my experiences from CR to Mae Chan. Less interuptions than I had with 3BB or TT&T in the past.

Have heard rumors of people getting dumped without notice by 3BB. Don't know if true or not, but that is what has been said by quite a few people these last few months.

(3BB used to be TT&T).

TOT ADSL @ 6MB for about 700 baht works very well from my experiences from CR to Mae Chan. Less interuptions than I had with 3BB or TT&T in the past.

Have heard rumors of people getting dumped without notice by 3BB. Don't know if true or not, but that is what has been said by quite a few people these last few months.

(3BB used to be TT&T).

Thanks TacoBoy

Appears to be between the two, TOT and 3BB, although it looks like TOT might be my best bet.

Thanks Again