Bra'S?

Carry

Hey ladies,I know there has been a topic on this prob. more than one, cant seem to find it...Really need some new bra's, no clue where to go [bangkok]Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

Depends on size I guess. I can find bras but I am fussy and don't like the cheap ones, they always gape or don't fit right. I have bought bras at Siam Paragon and the Zen Central World was awesome before it got burned down.

Platinum Fashion Mall has some nice bra stores but you need to be smaller to buy there.

Hi,

I remember the old thread, but can't find it either right now.

I was just in Bangkok and tried to get some new bras as have gotten bigger, but no luck, so please let me know how you go.

I tried Emporium maternity section - which seemed ridiculously expensive, but was too tired to go back to the normal section after and wish I had.

I went to Central Chidlom where I had success the last time, but the staff were very rude this time and uninterested in giving my growing boobs a new home, which made me uninterested in giving them any money, so I gave up and left.

I had no energy left when I got to Paragon and saw how packed it was with Hi-So teenagers, so I turned around and walked out.

Good luck.

I am a guy, clicked on thread by accident, my GF is Thai and UK Size 4 - 6 and she buys all her underwear online from the UK (Asos or La Senza). She helps her cusin and works in a underware shop on weekends as well so that says it all on quality of underware here. And if you are larger then size 6 or 8 wouldn't fafing around, just buy it from your own country online or w/e I have same prob with boxers ('m not fat), thai men seem to have stick legs and tiny waists (among other things :lol:)

Bought enough underware for GFs to be qualified to chime in imo.

Edited by sam666

Its not a bad idea Sam but for me the customs duty kills the deal

Hi ladies, I've strangely had good luck at Big C and Tesco...most of the time it's hopeless, nothing fits properly but every once in a while I've gone in and found a perfect fit bra, which I've then bought in every single color since they are pretty cheap. Last time I got about 5 bras for 130B each!

Underwear I buy at Mark and Spencers in Central, and I've noticed they have Western sized bras too. It's probably worth trying.

The reopened Central World also has a La Senza, although I'm not sure if you can try stuff on (god, only in Thailand!)

Good luck, I feel you pain about the bras!

Yeah I did stock up at home [usually buy my bra's at H&M] but some how they are all broken already?! Usually in europe they last a lot longer...maybe have a couple send over

I don't know if you do your own laundry, or if you send it out. I send my laundry out to a wonderful local woman, and she is great. But the last neighborhood I lived in (I'm in CM), the woman who did my wash was, I don't even know what she did to my underthings - wash them with a rock?? The underwire was poking out of the lining after the first wash from her. So, I think the washing practices of some people might be a little, ah, rough. And that could be why your H&M bras (LOVE them) are falling apart already.

Now I am unable to go to the Victoria's Secret website here at work (classified as "intimate apparel" by our web filter...grrr). But if there is a Victoria's Secret in BKK, by all means, I recommend them!! Their bras and underwear are the best, and last for a very long time.

Good luck!

Nope, sadly none. A very expensive La Senza in Central World but to get VS, you must order from overseas :(

I think the elastic goes faster due to sweat, I do my own laundry and have a special lingerie bag for the bras, it keeps them from getting too battered in the washing machine and I never put them in a dryer (well, when I go to the US and use my sister's dryer anyway).

Wow. Well, you inspired me to gGogle this, and by golly you are right. Here's what I found:

Hot climates make your bras wear out faster, because you sweat more, and the sweat degrades the fabric and also means you have to wash them much more frequently. I discovered a line of bras that is made out of breathable synthetic material that wick moisture away - they aren't necessarily pretty, but they do keep their shape much longer, and they are way more comfortable in the summer.

Too bad she doesn't name that line of bras. But that does help me in my search. And it also explains why, 1.5 years after moving here with an already-well-worn VS bra that is made of some sort of weird, unnatural, stretchy material (it's not cotton, or elastic, it's....magic!), it's still going strong. I might have to ask a kind family member to buy me one for my upcoming birthday and ship it over! My other VS bra that contains elastic lost all its stretch and now lays there in a pitiable flat mess :( I think it's time to admit defeat and toss it in the trash as I haven't worn it in months. I had this silly fantasy of having a tailor copy it, but I think they probably wouldn't be able to even use it as a pattern anymore.

Now there's an idea. Do you think Thai tailors can copy a beloved bra? They can make everything else...

I've never been able to buy bras here! I am a very full C, and I've never found any bras designed to accommodate these puppies. :) I just stock up every time I'm back at home.

Even for a farang I'm 'chesty' and have no trouble finding my size at Marks & Spencer in Central Chidlom.

]

Hi ladies, I've strangely had good luck at Big C and Tesco...most of the time it's hopeless, nothing fits properly but every once in a while I've gone in and found a perfect fit bra, which I've then bought in every single color since they are pretty cheap. Last time I got about 5 bras for 130B each!

i agree..big c and tesco are the only places i've found bras that fit! and they actually seem to last longer than the bra's i bring from home (ok, i buy cheap ones there too). it takes a little looking around, but usually after trying 20 on i can find 2 or 3 that fit and are a decent quality.

I was in a 2nd hand market today in the village that had a whole table of huge ones and i'm sure there would have been a few in there that fit...though i can't seem to bring myself to wear used undergarments :/

Yeah I gave up on bringing the expensive ones from home, I used to bring my laundry and not only would my underwear be wrecked but also the rest of my clothing due to the little hooks on the bra's....anyway, in all my bra's its the underlining thats coming out, tried to fix it, not working.

Im doing my laundry myself now and am very careful with it, still broken, bad luck I guess!!

Doing a trip to Bangkok soon to get married and I cant get married in a bra with the underlining sticking out now can I???

So will go and have a look.

What are you guys doing, beating your bras against a rock? :P lol. I wash mine in a lingerie bag and find that they last just fine. I tend to buy VS on visits home and find my bras last at least a couple of years.

I've been told the triumph brand makes nice bras in western sizes. I buy 6-8 at a time when I go back to the US from victoria's secret though. I have found that handwashing them keeps them looking new for a long time. It's not good to wash bras, in a lingerie bag or not. They will last much longer if handwashed.

I have always bought my bra's from Robinsons in Airport Plaza, Chiang Mai. They have triumph bras that go up to my mammoth size! (Although the women do have to do a bit of panicked hunting to find them!) Try also an English website who will post to Thailand for a very reasonable £7.95 called Bravissimo.co.uk

That is if you need a really big bra!

My wife, and visiting adult daughter went to Wienna in Bangkok. They were told that there are 4 cup shapes, each named after a flower, it's important to know your individual shape,and along with the correct size, gives a custom fitted bra. They left the shop with 15 bras, and both have said more than once, Wienna bras are the best fitting and best supporting bras they had ever owned. Also worth mentioning they have quite a selection.

I disagree with anyone that suggests the laundry bags for delicates will shorten the life of bras. I do the laundry, and found that hooking the bras in the loops before putting in the bag, keeps them from tangling and hooking in the fabric of the bag. It's not the bag that does damage over time, but rather the agitating balls in the washer with the bag of delicates.. Remove them and wash on gentle cycle and you should get 5+ years out of them, as my wife does.

ps go ahead, tease me about being the house husband LOL I have broad shoulders and can handle it.

Edited by featography

I've been told the triumph brand makes nice bras in western sizes. I buy 6-8 at a time when I go back to the US from victoria's secret though. I have found that handwashing them keeps them looking new for a long time. It's not good to wash bras, in a lingerie bag or not. They will last much longer if handwashed.

I agree with this. Very occasionally (when I'm being ultra lazy) I will throw my bras into the washing machine but I usually handwash because I want them to last longer. I will gladly spend £50 on a good bra, so I want them to last as long as possible.

Rigby and Peller also post internationally, although slightly more expensive than Bravissimo at £12.50 (international signed for) delivery. They have a great range and also do large cup sizes. I first got fitted by them about 7 years ago. After years of being told to wear a 38C by the ladies in Marks and Spencers and my local lingerie shop but never being comfortable or supported properly, I went to Rigby and Peller and was told I was actually a 36E. Bra Sizing and Bra Fitting Advice

Re: bra washing, I found an amazing net in Daiso Japan (60B) which is just for bras, it's like a laundry bag but has a hard frame that keeps the bras from getting twisted in the wash. I can't live without it!

Looks interesting cause you told that you can not live without it :)

Could you please share some stories about this

I found amazing bra's at Central Chidlom....the whole 6th floor is underwear! And the staff was really helpful!

More than enough sizes and all brands!

It was my first place to go on a long list but didnt need to look any further! Absolute worth going if u need good fitting bra's!

Cheapest one in my size was a central brand t-shirt bra made of cotton and some strech stuff for 499 baht.

And then depending on brand up to 6000 baht!