Talking With An "Honest Isaan" Woman

Felix Lynn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be possible to make the Thailand today radio shows last show (or last 3 or so) available as a download..

I am interested in the show and try to tune in but in truth I like my media when I want it.. With the fact its pre recorded (and even later when its live if your not calling) a download is more convienient.. I can add it to my cell phone and listen at a my discression etc..

Thats why digital media is so appealing..

YES , Isaan woman are all whores , uneducated , eat dogs and they duped you .

Good radio ..........NOT

What a profound statement, from a poor sad excuse for a human being :o

You might listen to the program before drawing such harsh conclusions. Contempt following investigation is accepted, before...NOT!

Yes , Your point is a valid one , I did jump to a conclusion assuming it was going to be another Issan bashing. It must of been your title that that got me riled up .

Everywhere here I see alot of people bashing the good people of Issan and I for one do not care for it .

As for the other two posters that replied to me , ( also assuming ) do engage brain before writing . :D

Good radio ..........NOT

And you are a <deleted>, so whats your point? :D:D

Good radio ..........NOT

What a profound statement, from a poor sad excuse for a human being :o

What Jeff1 said...... it is "sarcastic!! "

i get Jeff1 's point ... im smart :D:D

Bambi

Edited by BambinA

Attention-seeking sensationalism can be found all across the the spectrum of internet broadcasting. Informative, reasoned discussions, about Thailand and english language news in Thailand are rare. Though it may not get such immediate reaction, it will give you a more solid audience than the hype and antics I've seen so far.

cv

Attention-seeking sensationalism can be found all across the the spectrum of internet broadcasting. Informative, reasoned discussions, about Thailand and english language news in Thailand are rare. Though it may not get such immediate reaction, it will give you a more solid audience than the hype and antics I've seen so far.

cv

Is that a response to a genuINE listen or just a perusal of the promo?

I do appreciate all comments and realize that it's hard to everything to everybody. What we are trying to do with Thailand Today is introduce a discussion show. We are gearing up to go live with a call in talk show. Then you can say all you want directly in real time. If you listen everyday, you'll hear topics across the spectrum, from BKK traffic, to education, to tourism, to nightlife, to relationships, to floods, to well, everything that's in the news and being discussed here and elsewhere.

I hope we can catch your ear for a time so you can judge on what's being said.

Thanks again!

Next broadcast at midnight.

http://www.radiobangkok.net

3hrs til I get to hear - now u have me curious!

Me too , I missed it at 5:00 and I will miss it again in 3 hours . Please post your summary of this . As the title insinuates there is only one honest woman in Issan and that is why I took offence.

For the record , I live in Isaan , I own a house in Issan , I work in Isaan , My wife is from Issan , my baby girl is half Issan .

I find people from Issan to be hard working , loyal , smart , friendy and some are the best friends I have ever had . I will die in Issan .

Me too , I missed it at 5:00 and I will miss it again in 3 hours . Please post your summary of this . As the title insinuates there is only one honest woman in Issan and that is why I took offence.

For the record , I live in Isaan , I own a house in Issan , I work in Isaan , My wife is from Issan , my baby girl is half Issan .

I find people from Issan to be hard working , loyal , smart , friendy and some are the best friends I have ever had . I will die in Issan .

You can also tune in tomorrow morning at 5am. "Honest Isaan" is just a name for a feature. It could be called anything like "True Stories," or something like that. "Honest Isaan" is catchy, a play on the North American saying "Honest Injun," but it's about Isaan people and the people who meet and marry them.

It doesn't give me any pleasure to say this as I've exchanged posts with Felix and I think he's a nice guy, BUT this feature is just so bad IMHO that I wouldn't bother changing any schedule you have already arranged Brit. :D

Sorry Felix, it just didn't work.

I find people from Issan to be hard working , loyal , smart , friendy and some are the best friends I have ever had . I will die in Issan.

I actually started to write a series of comments as the show was airing. The first comment was for the period from 5:00 to 5:10 regarding the article on Bangkok traffic.

But I scrapped my post because it was so critical and so negative. You really must hear it for yourself. Sorry Jeff. Sorry again Felix.

I think the kindest thing I can say is that the feature seeemed to be written for people who don't live in Thailand and/or know very little about Thailand. As for the "honest" Isaan girl, she spoke very good English. I wonder if she also knew German and Swedish? :o

It doesn't give me any pleasure to say this as I've exchanged posts with Felix and I think he's a nice guy, BUT this feature is just so bad IMHO that I wouldn't bother changing any schedule you have already arranged Brit.

Sorry Felix, it just didn't work. :D

RDN - I'll confirm later if I share the same opinion - no worries I listen to Thai Today while I'm working, so no re-arrange necessary!!! :o

I thought it was too innocent.

She didn't own up to schlumpfing anyone. She just said she went out with male friends.

More sleaze if you please.

Check out this radio download for a brilliant moment in broadcasting.

http://www.snopes.com/love/betrayal/radio.htm

Moog that was great! Regarding the sleaze factor, well, as you know you can't please all the people all the time and none of the people most of the time...hehe

I’m pretty resigned that Thailand Today is going to be lowest common denominator stuff….fine there is a market for it and people find it interesting.

BUT….how about more interesting stuff. Still maintain that there is a lot of interesting real current affairs news that could be discussed. Plenty of fluent educated Thai’s out there too who would listen to it. There is still a market for English language broadsheet radio. Remember, no one watches the ‘West Wing’, except for the AB demographic who advertisers pay though the nose for.

Few comments Felix:

Traffic segment in BKK - true and one of the reasons that BKK does my head in after a few days. Taxi ranks - good idea, but you and I know that likelihood of anything ever changing is remote.

Issan lady - dunno hard to guage if the lady was serious or not. I suppose you'd get a better idea by watching her. I think its unfaire to target Issan ladies though and I'm quite sure this behaviour does go on, but you seem to imply all married foreigners should worry. (borderline jerry springerish)

Swiss Man in Patters - I do agree should be careful in foreign countries and ultimately you are responsible for what happens. If you checked back on the original thread - Dave had mentioned that said BG gave him the 1000bht back and wanted to stay w/her mates drinking. This alone should show you who is responsible.

Anyways this wasnt your best effort, however I do enjoy your show.

Edited by britmaveric

After knowing an Issan girl for 3 years, I can tell all that she is likely the best person I've ever met. Its been a blast learning about her and I hope she never changes. I can spend days and days just watching and listening to her. And talk about a sense of humor!!

The people of Issan get hassled by the Bkk crowd- I guess they consider Isaan persons provincial. I find the Isaan people more down to earth and faster with the smile.

From what I see, the people I've met from Isaan allow for the balance of their actions as a whole. Some good, some bad... but different, in the end, well intentioned for their family.

Is that a response to a genuINE listen or just a perusal of the promo?

*snip*

I hope we can catch your ear for a time so you can judge on what's being said.

http://www.radiobangkok.net

It comes from both listening and viewing the promos. It's also coming from someone with genuine journalistic training and experience who has seen both quality and hype, and knows which tend to last the long haul.

Controversy will attract listeners, but it will rarely keep them. Consistant quality of information will make them stick around longer than titilation. The former is in short supply in Thailand, the latter, well....

Best of luck

cv

It doesn't give me any pleasure to say this as I've exchanged posts with Felix and I think he's a nice guy, BUT this feature is just so bad IMHO that I wouldn't bother changing any schedule you have already arranged Brit.

Sorry Felix, it just didn't work. :D

RDN - I'll confirm later if I share the same opinion - no worries I listen to Thai Today while I'm working, so no re-arrange necessary!!! :o

Still waiting for the opimion.........................