Bus From Swampy To Pattaya Bus Station

miksguevara

I see all these posts from people traveling to Thailand from all over the world and then don't want to spend $30 on a taxi ride to their final hotel destination - peculiar.........

JH

Oh JH, every single baht that can be saved, will be spent on local "charity".

I see all these posts from people traveling to Thailand from all over the world and then don't want to spend $30 on a taxi ride to their final hotel destination - peculiar.........

JH

We like the "company" on our way down-rather than the solitude of a taxi-and oh-the $24 we save.:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I see all these posts from people traveling to Thailand from all over the world Jebhead who would rather waste money and impose an additional car journey on an already beleaguered planet by hiring a taxi to central Bangkok or Pattaya when there is perfectly usable public transport available - peculiar.........

"perfectly usable public transport available" LOL!! Perfectly usable with drivers on Ya Ba and Ya Ice driving as fast as they can & then running away if they get into a wreck and kill someone - ha ha ha ha.....

"impose an additional car journey" as opposed to what, additional bus journey???

JH

I get the bus because i know how easy it is !!!!!!!! I actually feel a bit safer on the bus rather than going through all the hassle of negotiating with taxi touts.... and yes I have lived in and visited thailand many times

my original post was just a simple question not fuel for a debate - haven't you got anything better to do? bye now

Edited by miksguevara

I prefer the big bus. Small little toyotas, driven by Satan or people determined to test the theories of an afterlife? Nah. Anybody who has spent some time in country knows how the "rules of the road" are. I have done bus, minivan and taxi, several times especially when arriving late at night. The bus gets there just as quick as the taxi. Besides, there is a nice view out the window. There are some beautiful Wat Thais on the ride from BKK to Pattaya. Some plantations, etc. The seat is big and reclines quite nicely for a quick nap if needed.

And what is wrong with saving $24 USD? I have heard that amount can do nicely on Soi 6. It can be a night in a hotel, a ticket to Nong Nooch, Crocodile Farm, Tiffany's or whatever. ~1/2 the price of a visit to Sabai Land or Sabai Room. Heck go ring a bell at one of the smaller outside bars. The girls will appreciate the good will.

But back to the bus schedule. Looks like that other service info was already posted and they claim a last time of 2200. I am pretty sure there is a bus from Ekamai bus station that leaves at night also. 2300 is the last I think.

Ekamai (East) to Pattaya - first 05:20, last 23:00 - 127 baht. Use a better link than the one I put below but I think it is accurate.

http://dentistbeach.com/pattaya_by_bus.htm

I prefer the big bus. Small little toyotas, driven by Satan or people determined to test the theories of an afterlife? Nah. Anybody who has spent some time in country knows how the "rules of the road" are. I have done bus, minivan and taxi, several times especially when arriving late at night. The bus gets there just as quick as the taxi. Besides, there is a nice view out the window. There are some beautiful Wat Thais on the ride from BKK to Pattaya. Some plantations, etc. The seat is big and reclines quite nicely for a quick nap if needed.

And what is wrong with saving $24 USD? I have heard that amount can do nicely on Soi 6. It can be a night in a hotel, a ticket to Nong Nooch, Crocodile Farm, Tiffany's or whatever. ~1/2 the price of a visit to Sabai Land or Sabai Room. Heck go ring a bell at one of the smaller outside bars. The girls will appreciate the good will.

But back to the bus schedule. Looks like that other service info was already posted and they claim a last time of 2200. I am pretty sure there is a bus from Ekamai bus station that leaves at night also. 2300 is the last I think.

Ekamai (East) to Pattaya - first 05:20, last 23:00 - 127 baht. Use a better link than the one I put below but I think it is accurate.

http://dentistbeach....taya_by_bus.htm

Just the sort of tourist this place needs......

JH

JH

Uh huh. And you have criticized or made inuendos or slanted comments against every poster. Is there something wrong with spending $24 on Nong Nooch or the Crocodile Farm or Tiffany's or the local thai massage businesses or something else? Where people spend their money is their business. You may have your opinion on where the money should go, and that is fine. Spend your money as you please. If you want to support the taxi drivers go ahead. Does that mean you don't want to support the hard working bus support personnel?

JH

Uh huh. And you have criticized or made inuendos or slanted comments against every poster. Is there something wrong with spending $24 on Nong Nooch or the Crocodile Farm or Tiffany's or the local thai massage businesses or something else? Where people spend their money is their business. You may have your opinion on where the money should go, and that is fine. Spend your money as you please. If you want to support the taxi drivers go ahead. Does that mean you don't want to support the hard working bus support personnel?

Does that mean you don't want to support the hard working bus support personnel? CORRECT!!

JH

The other bus company (I Forget The Name) but on the same level as bell runs a bus untill 9pm .However it only stops on the Suk At the main Juntions. About 200mtr away from bus station.

Your information is outdated and slightly incomplete.

Last bus is at 10pm. You can get them to stop at the junction of any on the main arteries into Pattaya; North, Central and South. They then continue on the Thapphraya Road. (North of Thepprasit Road, opposite Pan Pan Restaurant)

The other bus company (I Forget The Name) but on the same level as bell runs a bus untill 9pm .However it only stops on the Suk At the main Juntions. About 200mtr away from bus station.

Last bus is at 10pm. You can get them to stop at the junction of any on the main arteries into Pattaya; North, Central and South. They then continue on the Thapphraya Road. (North of Thepprasit Road, opposite Pan Pan Restaurant)

I had heard that they now run till 10pm & every hour rather than 2hrs . However I posted what I had experienced rather than not witnessed . I did not bother with the final destination of the bus because the enquiry was to get to Pattaya bus station .

Edited by chachachacha

I had heard that they now run till 10pm & every hour rather than 2hrs . However I posted what I had experienced rather than not witnessed . I did not bother with the final destination of the bus because the enquiry was to get to Pattaya bus station .

Their schedule was linked to in post #2.

FYI, the web site linked in post #2 has an asterisked footnote for the 1000pm bus:

"This bus goes to Pattaya Bus Terminal on North Pattaya Road only due to its arrival at Pattaya is quite late so it will be more convenient to passengers to get local transportation from Pattaya Bus Terminal to your accommodations."

Based on that, I think that that particular bus *won't* stop at any of the junctions on Sukhumvit, nor go to the Thappraya Road location.

FYI, the web site linked in post #2 has an asterisked footnote for the 1000pm bus:

"This bus goes to Pattaya Bus Terminal on North Pattaya Road only due to its arrival at Pattaya is quite late so it will be more convenient to passengers to get local transportation from Pattaya Bus Terminal to your accommodations."

Based on that, I think that that particular bus *won't* stop at any of the junctions on Sukhumvit, nor go to the Thappraya Road location.

ok thanks for everyone's positive replies apart from the wanabee troll we appear to have an active and constructive forum cheers :D

Read that a few times, but didn't see it.