Endangered Species Killing In Thailand

sriracha john

Thai man faces jail for killing endangered stork Thailand

A Thai man faces up to eight years prison on charges that he killed an endangered stork.

The greater adjutant stork's population is estimated at only 500 worldwide.

The 53-year-old has been charged with hunting, possessing wildlife and carrying a firearm without authorisation in northeastern Buriram province.

The man reportedly shot the bird while he was driving his pick-up truck past Huai Sawai reservoir in Buriram.

With only 500 adjutant storks left in the world, mainly in South Asia, the bird was the first one sighted in the wild by bird watchers in Thailand in 40 years.

:o

It really is a beautiful bird!

[off topic]

Hey, siracha john, that is a great picture of Yaz's classic batting stance. He was the best, 'ol No. 8. Throws right, bats left, gold glove winner, last Triple Crown winner. Great team captain, too. I was very lucky to get his autograph as a kid in '68.

Ah, they don't make 'em like that anymore. Varitek is a bit like him, [work ethic] though. Go Sox!

-Naigreg

His story was that he merely wanted to injure the bird so that he could then look after it and keep it as a pet.

The Neanderthal further stated, "Hey... it's the same exact way I got my wife. Just winged her a little when she was walking past the market and brought her home to take care of her because I liked her so much."

Whatever the reason - he's a tosser.

And now... hopefully... they'll toss the keys to his cell away for eight years.