Can You Recommend A Printer?

luther

This thread will probably get moved to the Computing forum.

For inkject colour printing I have a couple of Canons - one is an MP258 and the other a Pixma i4200 - both work well for the money if you use good quality paper.

I would recommend that you research cost of ink replacement cartridges before you buy a colour printer - prices can vary a lot between brands. I read that original cartridges for Kodak printers are meant to be cheapest at the moment.

Rgds

Whatever you do dont buy a Lexmark for the simple reason its impossible to use ink fill/inject kits with their modern cartridges, they have some sort of ident chip in them which informs the printer that its empty even when you refill it.

I have a Canon MX347, price approx 3000 Baht. Seems to be a good printer and quality of photos is good also for the price, as long as you invest in some quality photo paper. It also operates over WIFI, printing and scanning. As its relatively new still to find out if refill kits will work on it.

Most modern printers do a decent job of printing out photos. The most important factor as previously mentioned is running costs. If you can use a refill kit it will save you a-lot of money, more so if its sole purpose is for printing photos. This why printers these days are so cheap, the manufacturers rely on you spending all your pennies on the cartridges.

MX347.jpg

Edited by 111tingtong

behind the escalator on the ground floor at Pantrip Plaza

The shop sell printers with external ink tanks already filled and fitted, they take over the guarantee for 1 year too.

The printers are about 3000-4000 bht and the ink lasts a long time.

Edited by pjclark1

OK, I have to ask.... are you asking for a printer model so you can print the cards yourself or are you asking for the name of a commercial print shop that can print cards? :)

Having re-read the first post, that is a good question!

In the second scenario - try Stickerman in the back of Kad Suan Kaew mall.

Regards and sorry if I misunderstood...

Oops! ditto above post.

Whoops sorry! Looking for a person/business, not an HP or Epson. Someone who can take my photos re-size them to fit on a 5 by 7 greeting card and do a dozen runs of 50. Have tried one place, across from Three Kings Monument. The quote was about triple what we had paid in Bangkok..