Shopping For Full Face Helmet

Riggi

Hi all,

does anyone know of a shop with a good range of full face helmets?

I've looked at a few motorcycle shops and also the motorcycle accessory type shops (that sell things to hot your Honda Wave up) around Mae Chan but they all mainly have open face helmets with maybe 4 or 5 full face helmets (Index and Space Crown) in stock.

I don't mind the Index ones, but I would like to check out a few more, and also see a bigger range of the Index as I want to get a (mostly) white helmet and haveonly seen one of these so far - most being black, blue or red.

Anywhere near/around Chiang Rai or Mae Sai is preferable for me.

Thanks,

Rich

Edited by Riggi

You could leave a PM for Woraphat on the forum - I can't remember if she has helmets in her shop, but she's certainly got all the other proper protective gear for biking.

Try the shop near Da Vinci restaurant on the old bus station road, its a few door up from the Tesco Lotus Store, on the same side .

Thanks guys. I'll check out the place near the bus stop.

Already checked with Marty and no helmets yet at their shop.

If you find yourself in Tachilek, there is a great shop called Jin Cheng Fa which stocks a wide variety of bike gear including what appear to be decent quality helmets (not Shoei, Arai e.t.c). Some of the gear is copy and some original but the lady there will tell you which is which.

To get there go down the market steps, then right then I think it's the first or second soi on the left about a 3rd of the way down on the right. Last time I was there it had some mini bikes out the front.

Alternatively, the "Real" brand helmets can be had at a few places in CM including Kawasaki. 1500 - 2000 baht for a DOT approved full face.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Just noticed another shop with a large selection. As you leave the new clock tower, heading towards the super highway, keep your eyes on the left. Perhaps 100 meters, maybe more, after you leave the clock tower, there is a shop with a huge display in their window. It is directly before you get to that Honda shop on your left. Have never heard of their brand and didn't really check the stuff out for quality.

One thing I have noticed in the Index brand here in town. Lots of shops stock discontinued models. They cannot get replacement face shields for the discontinued models. Or maybe, they just want to sell new helmets. However, they always tell me that they can't get the shields because the model is no longer in production. Good idea to ask if it is this year's model or one from long ago. They can purchase large blocks of the discontinued models a lot cheaper than the current models, so they prefer to sell the older models. For the most part, every place I go has the older ones. I'm about ready to start buying the expensive helmets at Honda just so I can get replacement lenses.