Best All-Around Motorbike/Scooter For Pattaya Area

thaidiver

Good day, I'm struggling to find, and purchase, the best all-around motorbike/scooter for Pattaya area. Presently I'm renting a Honda PCX and really enjoy it, it feels safe driving down the highway and has good handling on congested urban streets. But my heart really lies with the CBR250r, although it lacks storage and probably will be harder to maneuver in the city, it will allow me greater access to the highways. Whats your thoughts?

Yes properly a PCX or Nouvo. We got a Fino and it is just fine. The great advantage with the fino is the scooter foot board, I can actually easily load a 15 kg rice bag on it, but the thing fells very small to ride but ok for small trips around town.

Yes properly a PCX or Nouvo. We got a Fino and it is just fine. The great advantage with the fino is the scooter foot board, I can actually easily load a 15 kg rice bag on it, but the thing fells very small to ride but ok for small trips around town.

The Yamaha Nouvo Elegance is fantastic around town (Here in Pattaya) in just about any situation you can throw at it. I've been tempted to get the new Honda 250, but when it really comes down to it I'd feel handicapped driving it around here. Sure it would be better out in the country on a fast road, but I hardly ever get over 35 kilometers from here. Good acceleration out to 30 miles an hour or so is the key and the Nouvo Elegance will get to 30 very rapidly. If you take it out to Sukamvit Road you need to get up to 45 or so quickly to get over to the right to make turns at times and it has ample acceleration for that too. And aside from Sukamvit Road if you drive much faster than 35 mph you are crazy and looking for an early death. The Elegance drives fast with little effort, it handles well and it has greater stability than smaller bikes. And It's narrow so it will squirt through traffic a lot faster than larger bikes. Yet it has a long wheel base for stability. And you can easily carry a lot of stuff on it, under the seat, hanging from the hook in front of your knees, or strap things behind you on the seat with bungee cords. Also....I'm on my second Nouvo now. In my experience and everyone I've talked with they are dead reliable and anyone who tries to tell you that these new automatics aren't are misinforming you.

I dunno why the CBR250 would be a problem in Pattaya. Pattaya is not BKK were its constantly jammed bike to bike and you need the step through to maneuver through traffic. A CBR250 would work out just fine actually (unless you need the storage capacity of a step through).