Where To Go For Vitamin Selection?

krey

Just curious if there is a store that offers a wide range of natural and regular vitamins. I know the many pharmacies around the area have some but I was wondering if there was a better place that has a wider selection

Thanks all

Ive looked ,there isnt ,but if you go to www.nananaka.com they have a large range of all western products ,i get saw palmeto from there ,its the only place i know in Thailand,dont know if they speak english (my wife phones) anything i want i pay the money into their bank account ,next day or at latest the day after it arrives ,free postage ,very reliable. hope that helps.

i was getting raw bulk maca and other super foods supplements from a company in oregon

apparently they stopped shipping to thailand :bah:

would love to find some maca in pattaya or god forbid bangkok at a reasonable price

I always get natural vitamins from eating vegetables and fruits, not popping pills.

They're available at any local market and supermarkets.

Do your fruits and vegatables contain all the vitamins you believe they do? If they are grown in healthy soil in a natutural way they certainly will!, If they are force grown in depleted soils with lots of chemicals added they will be lacking. Many years ago you could rely on fresh foods being healthy, but we have managed to pretty well destroy the food chain over the years! I would rethink and do some research if I was you.

Money is far more important to food growers than quality or customers health!

The best place in Pattaya is as posted GNC in TOPS, ok but expensive, I buy either from the UK or USA, ship by Royal Mail or USPS works out cheaper than buying here and you have some idea that the quality is good, buying cheap vitamins is a false economy, may as well not bother!

Edited by CGW

I always get natural vitamins from eating vegetables and fruits,

You hope. Your comment is so cliche - nearly every similar discussion will have someone chime in with exactly the same comment.

Do you eat exclusively organically grown fruit & veges?

There are some very good supplements available these days which provide a good spectrum of phytochemicals which your locally produce lacks.

I always get natural vitamins from eating vegetables and fruits, not popping pills.

They're available at any local market and supermarkets.

You would need to eat 32 oranges per day to get what Vitamin C your body requires daily - supplements much more practical methinks!

JH

The selection and price of vitamins in Thailand is very poor.

As others have suggested I recommend you shop online.

I try to buy vitamins made by Metagenics which is a naturopathic line of vitamins.

A lot of vitamins on the market are rubbish and a waste of money.

Those that think they can get all their vitamin and mineral needs from diet alone are sadly deluded. The whole food chain has been compromised and the vitamins and minerals in many foods is just not what it was.

Further the best thing you can do is go to a naturopath or in Thailand maybe a Chinese medicine practioner and find out what your body needs or lacks. Self diagnosis is usually completely wrong.

I try to buy vitamins made by Metagenics which is a naturopathic line of vitamins.

Those that think they can get all their vitamin and mineral needs from diet alone are sadly deluded. The whole food chain has been compromised and the vitamins and minerals in many foods is just not what it was.

Further the best thing you can do is go to a naturopath or in Thailand maybe a Chinese medicine practioner and find out what your body needs or lacks. Self diagnosis is usually completely wrong.

Quality post that tells the truth. Many will still be in denial!

Many people believe that the cheap one a day Multi will be sufficient for there needs, they need to think again.

A good way to find out what supplements you need is by having a hair sample analised, this can be done fairly easily and at a reasonable cost, how far people want to look into this is how much value they put on their health?

Many people believe that the cheap one a day Multi will be sufficient for there needs, they need to think again.

A good way to find out what supplements you need is by having a hair sample analised, this can be done fairly easily and at a reasonable cost, how far people want to look into this is how much value they put on their health?

Where to get a hair sample analyzed?

JH

If you can find a "Chinese medicine practioner" who's interested in helping apparently healthy people become healthier, please let me know where I can find him.

Most (if not all) practitioners in Thailand make loads of money helping obviously sick people and don't go any further than that.

I approached a popular Chinese doctor not long ago and he asked me what's wrong when I wanted to discuss more subtle health issues.

It's difficult being a health nut in Thailand.

If you can find a "Chinese medicine practioner" who's interested in helping apparently healthy people become healthier, please let me know where I can find him.

Most (if not all) practitioners in Thailand make loads of money helping obviously sick people and don't go any further than that.

I approached a popular Chinese doctor not long ago and he asked me what's wrong when I wanted to discuss more subtle health issues.

It's difficult being a health nut in Thailand.

Yeah sorry I don't know of any as I see a naturopath in Australia but I would have thought that maybe in Chinatown in Bangkok you could find someone.

JH

Google hair sample analysis (spelling correctly this time!) choose who you want, either in the UK or US and follow what their website tells you to do.

JH

Google hair sample analysis (spelling correctly this time!) choose who you want, either in the UK or US and follow what their website tells you to do.

Ooooooooooooooh, wife got the painters in? - did n't realize it was a spelling competition....

JH

Hi there,

We carry a full range of Vitamins and Supplements from the USA. We offer free EMS shipping to Pattaya. You can see our website Here:

http://www.phukethealthshop.com/

Over 300 products available.

Thanks

Hi

just had a look at your website ,seems ok for bodybuilders and the like but short on vitamins ,no saw palmeto?

Hi,

Supplements we carry containing saw palmetto: http://www.phukethea...&sort=relevance

Complete List of Vitamins we carry: http://www.phukethea...t=0&sort=normal

All the brands we carry: http://www.phukethea...t=0&sort=normal

we also can special order for you, we give a price and that is what you pay, no need to worry about duties or shipping. Just email us what you want and we can find it.

Thanks

Edited by NaiharnGym

Wow, 1900 baht for 500 tablets of 1000 milligram vitamin C. The same exact bottle of vitamins can be bought for 800 baht in Bangkok, and for about 500 baht at Costco in the US. The duty on vitamins is 30% I believe, perhaps 40%. How do you justify such a mark up?

http://www.phukethealthshop.com/#ecwid:category=427193&mode=product&product=1461915

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10015954

Edited by Jimmyd

Fascinos on North Pattaya Road (across from Lotus) has a huge selection of vitamins. Much bigger than the GNC at Tops and better prices too. No maca though. I saw a place called Pattaya pro nutrition on Soi Bhukow but didn't stop in to see what they had.

Ooooooooooooooh, wife got the painters in? - did n't realize it was a spelling competition....

JH

JH, my spelling was wrong and realised that when I saw you had spelt it correctly! B)

Fascinos on North Pattaya Road (across from Lotus) has a huge selection of vitamins. Much bigger than the GNC at Tops and better prices too. No maca though. I saw a place called Pattaya pro nutrition on Soi Bhukow but didn't stop in to see what they had.

In actual fact the vitamin selection at Fascinos is pitiful and mostly the same products you can find at any Watsons or Boots store. There's a store opposite the food court in Central Mall which offers a much larger selection.

Edited by tropo

Wow, 1900 baht for 500 tablets of 1000 milligram vitamin C. The same exact bottle of vitamins can be bought for 800 baht in Bangkok, and for about 500 baht at Costco in the US. The duty on vitamins is 30% I believe, perhaps 40%. How do you justify such a mark up?

http://www.phukethealthshop.com/#ecwid:category=427193&mode=product&product=1461915

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10015954

i had to go to Laem Chabang customs last week as unusually they had kept the box of supplements I had orderd there for customs clearance, the officer asked me if they were vitamins or supplements, he said supplements were charged at 30%, vitamins 10% duty, needless to say I said vitamins!

I agree with Tropo the selection at Facino is pitiful!

Edited by CGW

I had to go to Laem Chabang customs last week as unusually they had kept the box of supplements I had orderd there for customs clearance, the officer asked me if they were vitamins or supplements, he said supplements were charged at 30%, vitamins 10% duty, needless to say I said vitamins!

Wow, maybe I'll try sending vitamins through the mail. Have you often gotten them with no duty at all?

Those that think they can get all their vitamin and mineral needs from diet alone are sadly deluded.

Rather, it is yourself. Just the other day, prominent doctor & medical consultant noted they aren't normally needed.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4610358/myth-or-fact-do-multi-vitamins-protect-against-cancer

When a licensed doc at a respectable hospital tells you, from test results, that you have a vitamin deficiency, then you need vitamins or whatever.

Otherwise, you're just pissin' away your money. However, at least, as the doc referenced says, you aren't harming yourself. That is, the fantasy and quackery are really harmless except to your wallet.

Edited by JSixpack

http://www.phukethea...product=1461915

http://www.costco.co...Prodid=10015954

Actually, you are correct. I have just reviewed our latest price list for that item. I have adjusted the price accordingly which includes free ems shipping. http://www.phukethea...product=1461915

Our price (the price we pay inclusive of shipping and duty from the USA) for that item is 883baht. So I think you will now find the new price fair.

Please feel free to email us if you find any other price discrepancies and we will promptly evaluate your concerns.

Thank you

Edited by NaiharnGym

http://www.phukethea...product=1461915

http://www.costco.co...Prodid=10015954

Actually, you are correct. I have just reviewed our latest price list for that item. I have adjusted the price accordingly which includes free ems shipping. http://www.phukethea...product=1461915

Our price (the price we pay inclusive of shipping and duty from the USA) for that item is 883baht. So I think you will now find the new price fair.

Please feel free to email us if you find any other price discrepancies and we will promptly evaluate your concerns.

Thank you

That's an amazing price for here. The Nat C or Blackmore's C complex (1000mg) cost me 840 baht for 150 tablets. They are made from sodium and calcium ascorbate and have added rosehip and acerola extract, but does that make them worth more than double the price? (850 baht for 150 compared to your price of 1299 baht for 500).

Expect and order from Tropo soon....

I had to go to Laem Chabang customs last week as unusually they had kept the box of supplements I had orderd there for customs clearance, the officer asked me if they were vitamins or supplements, he said supplements were charged at 30%, vitamins 10% duty, needless to say I said vitamins!

Wow, maybe I'll try sending vitamins through the mail. Have you often gotten them with no duty at all?

Always had to pay duty on anything ordered from the USA, but rarely when I have ordered from the UK delivered by Royal mail.

Customs are no where near as attentive as they were years back, guess they are handling a lot more goods these days?