Why Do Thai Ladies Of The Night...

IanForbes

Why do Thai ladies of the night wear a towel from shower to bed and only take it off when they are under the covers? I know, they all say "I am shy", but after a few hundred times with varous men wouldn't you think they would get over their shyness? :lol:

And, what is it about the beaches. Haven't Thai women learned there are such things as bathing suits? That always struck me as a bit strange. I know, they don't want their beautiful golden skin to get any darker. But, haven't they seen the beauty magazines where all the movie stars are wearing bikinis at the various resorts? Most western women spend a fortune trying to get skin like the average Thai woman.

Just an idle "troll" on this pleasant Saturday morning. Now I've got to get back to my writing.;)

It all depends who takes a shower first.

If she’s taking a shower first and you’re still fully dressed in your shirt, shorts, socks and flipflops when she comes out of the shower it doesn’t really give her much of an incentive.

On the other hand if you’re taking a shower first and you come out fully naked giving her a chance to admire you’re tight body, toned muscles and (semi) erect equipment chances are she’ll follow suit and you’ll either end up in the bathroom for a 2nd shower together or do her before she’s even had a shower.

Edited by meom

Its called work ian simple as that,dont give the goods away until you are near the prize....ie the money

Eager to dress in the morning is always a give away eh?

have to go to the temple!

going to see mama today!

Hungry!

and the best one.....i like is ...i have got to see my boyfriend. :lol:

It all depends who takes a shower first.

If she’s taking a shower first and you’re still fully dressed in your shirt, shorts, socks and flipflops when she comes out of the shower it doesn’t really give her much of an incentive.

On the other hand if you’re taking a shower first and you come out fully naked giving her a chance to admire you’re tight body, toned muscles and (semi) erect equipment chances are she’ll follow suit and you’ll either end up in the bathroom for a 2nd shower together or do her before she’s even had a shower.

Did you get a stiffy while you dreamt that one up ?

On the towel question, it's probably because they really don't want you to see them, they don't really like you, and they don't really want to be in that situation at all. Who could ever get over that?

On the towel question, it's probably because they really don't want you to see them, they don't really like you, and they don't really want to be in that situation at all. Who could ever get over that?

Have you ever had a relationship with a bar girl?

Have you ever lived with a bar girl and her family?

Have you ever met a bar girls parents?

Have you spent much time in brothels in Thailand?

I would submit that you don't have a clue about what you are writing in this area.

Naive is an understatement.

The bathing suits kill me.

When we go to the beach my entire family swims in their clothes. Jeans and all.

We go to the pool and the bathing suits look like Coney island circa 1922.

Skirts, bathing caps, swim goggles. The works.

I see some kids wearing a full Lycra bodysuit.

To funny.

The towel thing is just a custom. They all do it.

Actually, I'm down to just a few lovely ladies and we always shower together... which is all part of the foreplay and almost as good as the real thing. But, when on the road I meet the ones who do the towel scene. Kind of funny really. I think it is something they learn at an early age... like being able to get totally dressed or undressed while holding a towel around themselves at the same time.

There was a great movie clip (Jazzbo should remember the name of it. I think is was a dance movie) where the beautiful American actress (with the big brown eys and dark hair) took off her bra while still wearing her sweater. Nothing was ever exposed, but it was a totally sensual scene. It's kind of the same thing watching a Thai lady dress herself... or undress herself as the case may be.

Stretch Mark's what?

Did you mean that as a topic for a new thread?

Credibility?

Vocabulary?

Visa?

Patience?

Bank of anecdotes...

Hey that could be fun.I will go with credibility!

Edited by bangkokrick

The bathing suits kill me.

When we go to the beach my entire family swims in their clothes. Jeans and all.

We go to the pool and the bathing suits look like Coney island circa 1922.

Skirts, bathing caps, swim goggles. The works.

I see some kids wearing a full Lycra bodysuit.

To funny.

The towel thing is just a custom. They all do it.

Indeed. Even Thai whores extend that ingrained modesty factor.

I would submit that you don't have a clue about what you are writing in this area.

Yours is the typical, defensive, psuedo-intellectual response intended to devalue an opinion you don't agree with. To me, however, what you say above is meaningless since I don't believe a person must experience everything in the world before one can have an opinion about it. If this were true, then no one could comment on politics, religion, etc., until they've been a PM or a legislator, or a monk/nun, (or dated a bar girl). This is nonsense, of course. This is why humans have the capacity for empathy and understanding.

It still remains true that many "ladies of the night" don't like it and only do it for the money, or for drugs, or whatever. Hence, some are embarrassed by it.

[it still remains true that many "ladies of the night" don't like it and only do it for the money, or for drugs, or whatever. Hence, some are embarrassed by it.

And it also remains true that many ladies of the night enjoy doing it.

I lived for nine months with one who enjoyed doing it. With everyone she could get her hands on, for money or free, as often as she could.

It still remains true that many "ladies of the night" don't like it and only do it for the money, or for drugs, or whatever. Hence, some are embarrassed by it.

Your point is no doubt true, but they get over the embarrassment after a while. The ones that don't, quit. The option is to get a boring job working 6 days a week for about 9 hours a day, of which they only get paid for 8. And, on their one day off they are so tired they need it for sleeping just to recover. And, all that work for the grand total of 2 to 3 hundred baht a day. There is lots of WORK available in Thailand, but just not at liveable wages. Yes, some women (and young men) ARE embarrassd by working as a protitute. But, It is their option to actually get a viable job somewhere making a wage.

However, your portrayal does not match my experience with women who CHOOSE to work in bars. The ones I know are there by choice beause it's a place where they can have a little fun, not get bored, flirt with customers, and just MAYBE meet a man who they might MIGHT have a relationship with... and possibly even get married.

And, remember that not all women who work in bars will go with any man who asks them, and many are very choosy who they go with. Others are just staff working the till, or there as pretty ornaments to attract customers. It is far more complex than everyone makes it out to be.

As far as your comment on drugs is concerned, that is a very small minority and more indicative to prostitution in North America or Europe.

Yours is the typical, defensive, psuedo-intellectual response intended to devalue an opinion you don't agree with. To me, however, what you say above is meaningless since I don't believe a person must experience everything in the world before one can have an opinion about it. If this were true, then no one could comment on politics, religion, etc., until they've been a PM or a legislator, or a monk/nun, (or dated a bar girl). This is nonsense, of course. This is why humans have the capacity for empathy and understanding.

Glad you came back Jawnie. People should know some things about people simply because they are people too. I would agree with that. But your experience and education does not serve you well in trying to understand bar girls.

It is like trying to learn to speak Thai without understanding tones. You can learn English paying almost no attentions to the tonal implications of words, not so Thai.

You mention politics and religion and yes everyone has an opinion but that is hardly knowledge. Looking at the behavior of monks or politicians from a distance without some in depth study will lead you to false conclusions.

You don't have the information to make any accurate conclusions about bar girls.

Thai Visa is a unique resource about things Thai. There are people here who understand the Thai system from years of study and experience living in Thailand for many years.

I would imagine there are over 1000 regular posters who have married bar girls and are living with them in Thailand and have for more than 10 years each. There are posters on Thai Visa who own brothels and who have lived in brothels and speak fluent Thai to bar girls on a regular basis and have for many years in all parts of the country.

I know three generations of bar girls. A 60 year old grandmother, her daughter 35 and her grand daughter 20 who are all still in the business and I am not alone in this knowledge.

People who come to Thailand and a year later are voicing opinions and giving advice about things Thai are usually not very well informed. Interesting to read as we all go through stages of learning.

You are out of your depth here. Best you listen and learn. Or go out and see for yourself without your Western baggage on your back. A lady writing a story many years ago about Playboy bunnies went out and got a job at a Playboy club to understand the system and inner workings of Bunny life. She wrote a decent story. Journalists writing about war get assigned to a combat unit.

If you want to know anything about bar girls or bar life feel free to ask. But you don't have the qualifications to be telling anybody anything about it yet.

As far as your comment on drugs is concerned, that is a very small minority and more indicative to prostitution in North America or Europe.

Not sure you're right about that Ian.

I don't know about up country but in Bangkok drugs are widespread among the bar girl community and regular used by more girls than you can imagine.

At least that's my experience but then maybe I date the wrong women.