Sym

ignis

Cannot find the post, feel sure some time back someone here said they lived near to a showroom ?

Anyone seen or have an info on the SYM ? Doing a search comes up blank [maybe called something differet in other parts ?

Both bikes on SYM Thailand website but no info other than new bike.

post-42643-0-22382800-1301125178_thumb.g

post-42643-0-15367200-1301125198_thumb.j

I wonder how long before they will actually be available?

Yes that is a problem, they are listed on SYM Thailand website

Also listed as 'new' last year was the Sym Fighter 150 Fi, no details more, all details/spec was listed on Sym Taiwan.

I phoned the Thai number and was told in Jan 2011, but since Jan have not appeared on the website or any more info, the new one that did come and was not listed was the Jet4 150.. but it is a smaller size scooter.

You in Bangkok? Maybe for sale, or details at the motorshow that is on now?

That probably the best thing to do:

There is 1Joyride and 1 Joymax displayed on SYM's stand at motorshow :

DSCF1027.JPG

mbox

Edited by mbox

No not in Bangkok

mbox... Great photo thanks, did you happen to see a price?

Out of interest Looked at the Price in the UK would work out at 63,000 baht.... Now a Thai imported PCX in the UK works out at 130,000 baht. So if this Sym was around 50 something thousand baht here, would be worth looking at, as bigger in size then the PCX

Thanks

Edited by ignis

No not in Bangkok

mbox... Great photo thanks, did you happen to see a price?

Out of interest Looked at the Price in the UK would work out at 63,000 baht.... Now a Thai imported PCX in the UK works out at 130,000 baht. So if this Sym was around 50 something thousand baht here, would be worth looking at, as bigger in size then the PCX

Thanks

Ignis, i was there on pre-opening day 23 march and hardly any prices displayed on the Motorbikes . Likely you will see the price now , maybe someone else who goes to Motorshow can have a look?

mbox

Ignis. The joymax evo 300i is 175,000b. order then available 3 months (or so they said)

WOW same size bike Honda Forza + is only a 250cc and costs 350,000 baht the Yamaha Maxi Scooter just a few mm bigger is 550,000 baht..

Am interested in the 125 or 200cc [30,00 baht less for registration] [[Price in the UK for the 125i Joyride would work out at 28,000 baht less then the PCX that is in the UK 'On the Road' price, type error in previous post]] would think that the 125i would be under 60,000 here and the 200i under 80,000 baht.

Anyone seen or asked about the 125 or 200 Sym at the Show ?

Edited by ignis

Sym are good reliable workhorse. Many of them and very popular in Malaysia. Great cruisers and makes a good city commuter. The 200(174cc, carburetor) sells for under 100,000baht and 250(250cc,FI) sells for 180,000 baht in Malaysia. Plenty of storage space and if a topbox is added, then the space is more than sufficient.

For the 200, you can expect 24km/l. If you weigh more than 90kgs, then it will struggle a bit after 100km/h.