Screen Replacement

CMX

Through a series of mis-communications, my mutts were left indoors for 24 hours. Lots of food - no way out. The result was that I've had five screen doors torn beyond hope - the screens, I mean.

The doors themselves are in good shape, but require entire re-screening, as none have panels. Wondered if anyone knew of a reliable and reasonable come-to-your house person/oufit that does screen replacement.

I'm on Chiang-Mai Maejo Road, 1001, north of the outer ring road, should that be a factor.

Plan B would be for me to tote the doors to an outfit, but I don't have a truck, so that's a less interesting alternative.

I'm boosting my own post in hopes that a Sunday morning reader might know of some screen repair people. Sorry, and thanks for your understanding.

I believe there is a door screen replacement shop on the Sansai junction/ Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai road just past the Esso filling station on the outward road from Chiang Mai.

I will check it out and get back to you this morning..

We had our rear door screen replaced last year. Just cannot remember exactly who did it.....but the place I mentioned comes to mind.

I'm boosting my own post in hopes that a Sunday morning reader might know of some screen repair people. Sorry, and thanks for your understanding.

I believe there is a door screen replacement shop on the Sansai junction/ Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai road just past the Esso filling station on the outward road from Chiang Mai.

We had our rear door screen replaced last year. Just cannot remember exactly who did it.....but the place I mentioned comes to mind.

I have just found out that there is a shop opposite the Mitsubishi Car dealer that makes/repairs door screens. So if you are travelling up the 1001 towards Chiang Mai.....go through the intersection at Ruamchok Meechok Plaza. On the left hand side of the road, opposite Mitsubishi there are a number of shops ....the shop is located in that area.

Good luck

I have just found out that there is a shop opposite the Mitsubishi Car dealer that makes/repairs door screens. So if you are travelling up the 1001 towards Chiang Mai.....go through the intersection at Ruamchok Meechok Plaza. On the left hand side of the road, opposite Mitsubishi there are a number of shops ....the shop is located in that area.

Good luck

Sorry.....the directions I was give seemed to have been lost in interpretation of the word "opposite". So it is opposite the Caltex filling station. at about one o'clock next to a side road.

Failing that, there is also a new place opened up on route 3029 on the left hand side. Drive down the 1001 towards Chiang Mai....at the Ruamchok intersection , bear left in the direction of Sansai and Payap University......travel about 300/400 yards and on your left there is a 30 metre high advertising Board with 4 or 5 different coloured advertising boards.

Hope that either of those places can help you out

Thanks, Raindancer

Guess my first try will be to dismount one screen door and head south on the 1001 from direction Maejo toward Chiang Mai, past the "middle" ring road and keep an eye open beyond a location opposite the Mitsubishi dealer - a little bit further south, east side, somewhat opposite the Caltex station.

The second place you mention, if it is the one I think I've tried, wanted to sell me entirely new doors. But I'll keep checking..

Again, thanks.