Lamborghini V Street Triple

soihok

I know this is a bit off topic as its not related to Thailand, but there are the motors/bikes on offer there non the less.

So, one morning here in almost downtown Singapore, one filters through the traffic ( as usual ) and discovers a Lamborghini Murcielago trying in vain to get past a Toyota Pinic ( because of the traffic ), one could sense the anticipation and impatient attitude of the driver by the way the car ( space ship ) was weaving from side to side, crossing lanes in doing so.

Now, one spends 80% of ones riding time circumnavigating all sorts of vehicles everyday in Singapore and can read when someone is about to make an unprepticatable move ( ok , we are all not gods ).......and this was one of them. Saturday morning, multi milloinare, toy that costs about Eight hundred thousand sing dollars to put on the road for their weekend morning juant.

So the chase is on.

Triumph 675 v12 Italian nutcase.

Basically went like this:-

Popped up a rear spoiler and left one for dead.....and one was doing over 160kph on a city road....the beast was at least 100 metres in front in about 6 seconds when we were both blessed by the saviour of a motorcylcle.......TRAFFIC.

Interesting challenge..a ZX10R, GSXR 1000, R1 would have kept up. But good god ! That car was fast.

Against a car like that you're right, you need a modern litre bike to compete on an open stretch of road. Once you hit a bit of traffic the contest is over.

I was recently tailgated fairly aggressively by a Mercedes AMG on the long open 344 between Ban Bueng and Klaeng on my GSXR 600. I took it to around 200-220 for a few minutes and then decided to let him go. About 2 minutes later the traffic stacked up behind a truck and I blasted by him. It must have taken him 5 minutes to get round that mess, anyway I never saw him again.

It must loosen your teeth driving those things over the Bangkok potholes. Doesn't seem to stop them though - saw a Porsche 911 on my way home a few minutes ago. Lovely car (but overtook it on the 250!)