Thailand Visa : 2 X 15 Days = 1 X 30 Days ?

Hi,

Im canadian and presently in Thailand (Chiang Mai). The 2nd April i need to refresh my visa. I can be in Thailand for 3 times 30 days then wait 180 days if i want to come back to Thailand. The 2nd April it gonna do 60 days

Im just looking for extending 30 days. I was planning to do a Visa Run to Laos via Bus, but it only give 15 days via land. (30 days via air)

Here is my question :

Can i do 2 times 15 days and it still count in my 30 days ? OR is that only 3 entry max for thailand ?

My Solution if not :::

1 ) My other solution is by flight, but its expensive.

2 ) The other is go to the Thai Embassy in Laos and ask for a Thai Tourist Visa. But i dont know how many times it gonna take, so maybe the flight is cheaper. Because if it take like 3 days i need to get an hotel, foods, etc...

3) Do the Visa Run with 15 days and overstaying 10-15 days and paying the fee at the immigration airport.

Thanks in advance for the answers,

Visa exempt entry is 15 days by land and 30 days by air. If you use 2 times 15 days by land, remember that day 15 when ou exit will also be day 1 of the next entry if you return the same day to Thailand. So it isn't 30 days.

No limit on the numbver of days or entries into Thailand anymore.

A tourist visa is free till 31 March, apply day 1 and pick-up the next work day.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Nervosa,

Not exactly clear what type of entry you made into Thailand from your post here: suggest you clarify. Did you fly in, and get 30 days (visa exempt entry), or did you actually have some kind of issued visa ?

If you are in Chiang Mai, you can run up to the border at Mae Sai, and do an in-and-out to Burma, and get another fifteen days. On the Chiang Mai forum you can do a search on "Oosuksatour," and "Mae Sai," and "Arcade," and read discussions of the two VIP bus lines serving CM to Mae Sai.

For staying longer, you can go to Vientiane from CM by bus, or shorten the trip quite a bit by flying Nok-Mini Chiang Mai to Udon Thani round-trip, and get a "real visa." There would certainly be no point in going to Vientiane for a fifteen day pass when you can do it at Mae Sai !

A little more specifics would help get you better responses here, I think.

good luck, ~o:37;