Large Black Ants--In The House

haybilly

Over the last couple of weeks gradually more and more very large black ans--larger than the big 'Mot Daeng' -- up to 1 cm. in length--have started to appear wandering around the house, it's obvious that they have established a nest somewhere but just where is very hard to tell--my best guess is behind/underneath the farang-style wooden sink unit.

I have applied several types of ant-poisons in the vicinity but this doesn't appear to be getting to the root of the problem--i.e. not getting carried back to the nest as is supposed to happen.

What are these little beasts--do they, as my cleaning lady says, indeed eat wood?? And, presumably, the only solution is to dis-assemble the kitchen units and find their nest--any ideas as to who would be capable of dealing with this job--satisfactorily, that is?

Any recommendations for bug control companies--that do what they're supposed to do?

The really GOOD bug companies can work wonders

We have been using CNX Pest Control over the last year and they are excelellent.

Not the cheapest, but others we have had have failed to do a proper job.

They come on a given date each month without fail and are extremely polite people.

Tel 053 850 249

I'm sure they will eradicate your problem. If they can get rid of the rats I have been plagued with for the last 4 years I am sure they can deal with ants

The really GOOD bug companies can work wonders

We have been using CNX Pest Control over the last year and they are excelellent.

Not the cheapest, but others we have had have failed to do a proper job.

They come on a given date each month without fail and are extremely polite people.

Tel 053 850 249

I'm sure they will eradicate your problem. If they can get rid of the rats I have been plagued with for the last 4 years I am sure they can deal with ants

What is the monthly fee?

I have my place sprayed monthly by ChiangMai Pest Control (I don't think it's the same as CNX Pest Control), and they did an excellent job on their first visit by spraying everything around the house...tall trees, bushes, grass...as well as thoroughly inside the house. I, too, had ants, some medium-sized black, large red, and the very small brown ones. They eliminated them all...immediately. That was last September. Monthly the company returns to spray only the house, which is sufficient.

The annual cost was 4,000 baht, including the monthly re-spraying. Phone is 053-278-743. A fair amount of English is spoken. Their offices are just west of Wat Phra Sing at 10/2 Samlan Road, Soi 1.