Copyright Violations In Thailand To Be Discussed

Lite Beer

I can see the next great ThaiVisa debate: GRAVITY -- Is it or is it not in the best interests of mankind?

BTW this past week (22 MAR) the Judge after 13 months' deliberations gave his ruling in the Google Digital Library Amended settlement -- the original original lawsuit started in 2004 and the judge's ruling only rejects the most recent settlement offer ... the parties still can either craft a new settlement or appeal or whatever ...

So when you all talk of a complete overhaul to the legal notion of copyright it ain't gonna happen overnight.

http://www.nysd.usco...=special&id=115

More like. THAI GRAVITY --Why it isn't as good as Western gravity?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I understand the difference between man's laws and nature laws... ? Sure: Nature's laws are indelible while man's laws -- albeit with some difficulty -- can be altered. However, to the extent that they are both in force today they are in many ways are the same ...

Do I understand the difference between man's laws and nature laws... ? Sure: Nature's laws are indelible while man's laws -- albeit with some difficulty -- can be altered. However, to the extent that they are both in force today they are in many ways are the same ...

You are a statist or how no ideal of ever changing the world?

As I described in Post #54 above I am involved in changing the interpretation of existing Copyright Law on a near daily basis which is one way that I might influence any change in the world. You -- based upon anything you have posted here -- are satisfied to 'talk the good fight'.

As I described in Post #54 above I am involved in changing the interpretation of existing Copyright Law on a near daily basis which is one way that I might influence any change in the world. You -- based upon anything you have posted here -- are satisfied to 'talk the good fight'.

Your guesses what other people that you know neither from name nor actions are doing isn't really of any value.

My guess is only based upon what you have posted on ThaiVisa ... and has the same value as what you have posted.

Why on earth would anyone start to brag on a forum about what they do politically if they try to be kinda anonymous? Kinda defeats the purpose...

Edit to add: Not to mention that in the current climate in several countries it would create issues with Visas, WPs and other papers if one was too open about these sort of things.

Edited by TAWP

Brag? Thank you. The last time I actually was open on ThaiVisa all it did was set off a bunch of persons of a certain socio-political persuasion to posting about how the United Nations should be dissolved and all NGOs / Non-Profits are corrupt a la ACORN ... Thanks for the heads-up about attracting the attention of various governments etc. ... I might qualify for diplomatic entry but too much paperwork.

Edited by jazzbo

BTW getting back to what was the Original Post, the latest USA 301 Trade Report (April, 2010) said the following:

SECTION III. NOTORIOUS MARKETS

Global piracy and counterfeiting continue to thrive due in part to marketplaces that deal in infringing goods...

The United States encourages the responsible authorities to step up efforts to combat piracy and counterfeiting in these and similar markets

Physical Markets

Panthip Plaza, the Klong Thom, Saphan Lek and Baan Mor shopping areas, the Patpong and Silom shopping areas, the Mah Boon Krong (MBK) Center, and the Sukhumvit Road area (Bangkok, Thailand)

These locations are notorious for openly selling pirated and counterfeit goods. These are all designated as "red zones" by Thai authorities, which are markets targeted for increased raids due to their high piracy and counterfeiting rates.

Edited by jazzbo