True Hd. What'S On It?

Soi Sauce

Hallo,

Just got an HD tv and am thinking of getting True HD. Problem is I can get no info from True as to what's on HD Sports.

Can anyone tell me how many Premier League games are screened each weekend, and does the HD channel show the Grand Prix Season. Obviously, I mean live for both of these.

Cheers for any info.

The HBO channel (112) is the same channel as shown on channel 43, but in a much better picture quality.

The HD Sports Channel (111) shows mainly the same as the other sports channels, but in a much better picture quality. Occasionally the HD Sports Channel shows premier League live matches that is not shown elsewhere.

Because the standard quality of True Vision Sports and movie channels really sucks, I find it necessary to pay the extra money, to watch the HD Sports Channel. I also have the Platinum Package, and the picture quality on the Platinum Movie Channels are far better than most other channels.

The Coffee Channel (113) must be a joke that only thais understand. I still wait for the HD program to be expanded in a serious way.

By the way - last night I watched "Thailand´s got talent" and that surely convinced me that they certainly don´t have any talent.

Edited by Xonax

I really wouldn’t bother the service is at an infant stage and even in Asian standards it is poor to say the least! Both available channels show continuous repeats of movies & sporting events, actual live events are rare! With True being a monopoly here in Thailand I don’t see it improving in the near future! It would be a lot better just to download all the HD programming you want to watch from the internet. However If you are serious about HD TV & sports then depending on your location it is worth looking into Malaysian ASTRO TV http://www.astro.com.my/byond/articles/art_3250.html http://www.jsat.tv/ www.comsat.co.th

Good luck

IW

As mentioned the "Coffee Channel" is a joke. They show exactly the same thing on channel 60. The good thing about the HD sports channel is the quality, but also the previews and the commentaries. Now they have John Dykes and company warming up before the matches, relevant good commentaries during the break. This in comparison to the Thai warm up commentaries on True Sport 1. This alone is worth the while to subscribe.

Re the coffee channel. I forgot to mention that once I asked True when they would introduce more HD channels. They could not reply to that. I complained about the coffee channel saying it was absolutely ridiculous, to which the reply was "It is very popular among the Thais".

Got it in great quality HD, Like fotball with cartoon colors.

Also, has improved the quality fo the non-HD channels. May be the HDMI connection, the digital feed, the new box, or combos of the above.

Whatever, well worth the extra 290pcm.

111 is usually the same as True sports 1 so shows the main Premier matches with the build up and halftime analysis done in english.

112 is the same as 43 HBO just in HD.

Its worth it for me just to not watch "premier live" in thai.

The picture quality of the HD channels seems to be excellent but this is mainly due to the terrible SD picture quality. As has been mentioned previously they have a 1 hour build up to the EPL in English. You should get 3 months for free HD and then I got 100 baht for the next 3. I personally think its worth the 300 baht just for the EPL. They also have some NFL on there which I am also interested in so that is cool. HD Sports also repeat some Italian and German Football and the Spanish League. True Sports HD is the first place I start to see what is on TV.