Where Is Tescolotus In Aranyaprathet?

labik

I've done an exhaustive search for a good Aranyaprathet map on google, couldn't find one. I also found the maps.google.com to be very basic and almost no land markings, unless I am using it wrong.

When coming into Thailand from Cambodia, going up the road past the train and bus stations,

1. how far is the Tesco from the bus station?

2. going westward from the best station, is it on your left or right side?

3. is the Tesco a full sized hypermarket, with product selection just as good as others (i.e. in Bangkok)?

4. how much might a moto ride be (20 baht)?

I am staying in Phnom Penh these days and I think this is the closest hypermarket, if not please advise. I wish Tesco offered shopping online and shipment to here.

http://www.tescolotu...〈=en&id=662

It's not far from the original bus stop for the bus from Bangkok, as opposed to the couple of newer stops nearer the border so that would make it maybe 8km from the border. By moto about 50 baht from the border would be my guess (or 20 baht from the bus station) and coming from the border it will be on your right but you can't miss it.

I haven't been inside but it's a hypermarket so should have a decent range however I wouldn't expect it to have as many western food items as you would get in Bangkok. There is a KFC and some other fast food places there also.

Edited by kkerry

Hmm, there are new stops now huh? Whenever I've been around that area I only ever saw the border (Rongklua), and then way up the road from there the old "main" bus station, which is just a few minutes walk right up the path from the train station, in fact.

Ok, so Tesco is on the right going westward, yes when I took the bus I glanced out and saw it before but for the life of me can't remember when and where.

So it's about 6 to 8 km from the border, so I guess it's maybe 1.5 km or so from the old bus station then.

I figure I'll take the 15b baht bus from the Rongklua market area to the bus station, like I did last time, then when up at the bus/train station I'll probably get a moto. Anyone know if there's a baht bus that goes straight from the Rongklua border straight to Tesco for maybe 20 or 30b?

As I recall glancing at it, I do remember it didn't seem as large as those in Bangkok, but as Kerry said it should be a regular size hypermarket. And as was said, it sounds like they might (?) have a food court in there as well, hopefully. I'll be picking up mostly basic things - coffees, noodles, household items (bottle of raid refill and such), maybe a t-shirt, flash card in electronics. Seems nothing is posted on youtube, thought I would ask here.

Hmm, there are new stops now huh? Whenever I've been around that area I only ever saw the border (Rongklua), and then way up the road from there the old "main" bus station, which is just a few minutes walk right up the path from the train station, in fact.

From Bangkok, there are two stops after the main one in Aranyaprathet where the bus companies have their ticket offices. It may depend on the bus company but some buses have signs in English for Rong Kluea Market. I'm told at least one bus stops close enough to the border to easily walk to immigration. There is also a stop on the Bangkok side of the market in a dirt parking lot in front of a small row of shops. A moto from there through the market to the border is 20 baht.

The Tesco from the outside looks like most newer Tesco's you find outside Bangkok. They don't look big from the outside but still manage to have an adequate range of small shops and food outlets. Let us know how you get on.

There is also a stop on the Bangkok side of the market in a dirt parking lot in front of a small row of shops. A moto from there through the market to the border is 20 baht.

Yes, when I was through the area the last time, this is where I got dropped off with several bags. Couldn't believe how far it was, a friendly local Thai gave me a ride. (I had caught the 12:30 bus from Ekkamai). Next time I hope I can get right up to the border gate.

It'll be at least a few more weeks or a month or so before I make it there again, but will report what I find.