Tired Of Thailand Thinking Of Equador

garyk

I have been here about two years now full time. Have a GF of two years. But am tired of it here. Think I will head to Equador for a few years. Problem? what to do with the misses....???? It's like having a good faithful dog. Does everything i want and does not complain.

But I am getting tired of it here and have the funds to move on easily. I only have a new pickup and motorcycle. In my name. So no problems really. Read some good books before i came here and they are spot on really. Saying stay two years before you decide to do anything such as investing in Thailand.

Not sure if i should take her along or leave her here. Or lie and not come back.

What have you done in the past?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Pal has just moved to Ecquador ( well about 6 Months ago ) & appears to absolutely love it, reckons it's the best move he's ever made..

& he's a Londoner that has spent the last 15 Years or so in Houston, TX..

Don't think too much about the GF, i can't imagine she'll be mourning for too long when you go to be honest, she'll find a new Man in no time if she's a looker so long as those Planes keep on coming in here....

If she's got to the stage of dating white guys, she will be used to being dumped by now.

Sad but true.

So much for loyalty. And Farang circles consider "them" to be the ones of suspicion.

If she's got to the stage of dating white guys, she will be used to being dumped by now.

Sad but true.

So much for loyalty. And Farang circles consider "them" to be the ones of suspicion.

Loyalty ??

What has loyalty got to do with anything ??

You'r enot insinuating that the OP is in a relationship how relationships are actually perceived to be & what they're based on, in the West are you ??

OP, do you want me to get in touch with my Pal about Ecquador for some Tips ??

What to do with the misses....???? It's like having a good faithful dog. Does everything I want and does not complain.

Does this mean the OP who equates his missis to a dog, is willing to dump the poor old faithful wife and seek pastures anew?

I am also interested in Ecuador. In case anyone is interested and doesn't know, I believe Ecuador enforces a 180 day per year rule for tourists, so you can't live there on visa runs. There are various residency options. A pension is the best, but also real estate buying options (a bit dicey as they aren't so big on deed there), or just stick 25K USD in a bank there, which you can't touch.

My Pal has just moved to Ecquador ( well about 6 Months ago ) & appears to absolutely love it, reckons it's the best move he's ever made..

& he's a Londoner that has spent the last 15 Years or so in Houston, TX..

Don't think too much about the GF, i can't imagine she'll be mourning for too long when you go to be honest, she'll find a new Man in no time if she's a looker so long as those Planes keep on coming in here....

That says it all, go on then go to the very stable Ecuador.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate to say it but ......

Thailand considers all foreigners visitors, here on sufferance.

Therefore

We foreigners, in turn, must view all relationships with Thai people as temporary.

I love my wife and kids, but if I get chucked out, or can't fulfill the visa extension requirement one year, I will have to leave the wife and children. It appears to be what the Thai government wants, who am I to argue with a government.

Edited by pjclark1

What to do with the misses....???? It's like having a good faithful dog. Does everything I want and does not complain.

Does this mean the OP who equates his missis to a dog, is willing to dump the poor old faithful wife and seek pastures anew?

Mai phen lai......consider the source.

Therefore

We foreigners, in turn, must view all relationships with Thai people as temporary.

I love my wife and kids, but if I get chucked out, or can't fulfill the visa extension requirement one year, I will have to leave the wife and children. It appears to be what the Thai government wants, who am I to argue with a government.

That's a plus for Ecuador. You can get stable residency there relatively easily. Of course, they aren't Thai.

Therefore

Leave the wife and children? You sound about as nice as the OP!

Jeez, no wonder westerners have a hard time here with people like you about

Therefore

Are you serious? I can`t believe some of these posts.

How can you be so complacent?

They or whoever would have to kill me first before seperating me from my missis and the kids, they are my whole world.

Wherever I go, my family go, there is no question about it.

I actually applaud the OP for making a decision for himself. He comes out as a bit of a ... with the dog remark. However, If I were not in love and committed to a relationship and was not happy where I was, I would move. I wouldn't take someone I was not committed to in a meaningful way with me particularly with the new language and cultural issues.

A family is very easy to produce, it can be done anywhere in the world, for a very small investment.

You place too high a value on something that can be taken away from you so easily.

My wife is Thai and would not want to leave her home country.

I have no absolute right to stay in Thailand.

Face reality and learn to live with it.

You will then suffer less disappointment in the long term.

Edited by pjclark1

A family is very easy to produce, it can be done anywhere in the world, for a very small investment.

You place too high a value on something that can be taken away from you so easily.

Ahhh com on, this has to be a wind up.

Sorry, but I`m not taking you seriously.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Ahhh com on, this has to be a wind up.

Sorry, but I`m not taking you seriously.

He's just being practical, were your romantic.

<br />Something tells me that this boy didn't get too much love when he was younger!<br /><br />Waster!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

How is he a waster?

he seems to have cash, isnt living hand to mouth as such. has a income to support him on his travels. wasnt stupid enough to spend all his cash on property in his wife/dogs names. isnt caught up in the illusion (that most old gits live in) that there relationships are really based on genuine love!

Id say good on him.

You on the other hand, sound like you made all the wrong moves matey! regreting putting in all in her name and being stuck here are ya. lol

Off course this is all assumption. but i reckon ive nailed it!

I am just wondering how the OP, who stated that he had a GF of two years, and only a new pickup and motorcycle in his name, suddenly aquires a WIFE, plus CHILDREN in the minds of some posters here.

Seems the usual embelishments, and twisting things round by some members, in order to start a flame war, and to take the moral high ground, and snipe at the OP.

Sad, sad people.:coffee1:

Penkoprod