Work Permit One Year Or Two?

Two years ago when I applied (in person) to renew my work permit I was pleasantly surprised when they offered me a two year permit. Recently I had to renew again but even though I applied for two years they only have one. Anyone else with similar experiences or know what are the regulations/guidelines actually are. When I received my two year permit it apparently was only for certain occupations. BTW this through the Phuket office. My feeling is they plan to increase the fee which is why they were reluctant to give out two years. They got all shy & coy when I put this to them.

Edited by Valentine

One year 3,000 Bhat, 2 year W.P 6,000 Bhat. My employer wrote a letter requesting my services for 2 years and I received a two year work permit in Korat Labour Office.

It has been 3,000 per year for a while now. When did you receive the two year WP? Maybe I erred in not writing the letter.

Phuket will issue 2 year work permits but they don't issue them so easily. I was told a couple of months before my previous WP expired that 100% my next extension would be for 2 years, they only extended it for 3 months. They said it was because my yearly balance sheet was late.

I don't believe they are reluctant at issuing a longer term simply because they are intending to increase the fees, I believe it comes down to discretion and how up to date your company/employers paperwork is.