What'S Going On With The Weather?

Every February I scrape all the mushrooms off the clothes in my wardrobe and try to wrestle them and my bedding outside to dry out in the sun - you know that bright hot thing in the sky that makes your skin red and the mildew-smell go away?

Well the mushrooms are back again, everything black has turned as green as January again and my cats are wrecking the house as they're bored and can't go out.

Been here 13 years and never known anything like this and it's - skwark! almost Songkran! Hottest time of the year. School holidays and the sea full of small fully-clothed Thai people and assorted puppies. Bright pink farangs, nothing but dust on the road outside the go-cart track etc.

I read recently about this month's 'supermoon' and the earthquakes and high tides it was causing - is this part of it? Or is it part of the global climate changes due to warming, or what?

Anyone out there in the dive business (Carmine?) with a handle on what's causing all this crud? I've had enough of it and want to be able to moan about just how bloody hot it is like normal!

Rob

this time last year march was very hot and we were all thinking that samui was going to run out of water.and yes this time of year is usually very hot and dry.I remember complaining at how hot it was and we did n't get a break until late july.So in many ways having a wet march,although very unusual,is a welcome break,and no doubt in a week from now we will be back to a hot april.have been house bound for 3 days now and going crazy,cannot use the pool or go for nice long walks.Never content i guess.Donno where this wet is coming from or why but it'll be over in a few days.............once the deluge stops the flood water's soon go away.

Robsamui: Your quote for some reason did not have a reply button....

"Every February I scrape all the mushrooms off the clothes in my wardrobe and try to wrestle them and my bedding outside to dry out in the sun - you know that bright hot thing in the sky that makes your skin red and the mildew-smell go away?

Well the mushrooms are back again, everything black has turned as green as January again and my cats are wrecking the house as they're bored and can't go out."

You missed my post back then about spraying or cleaning down with Vinegar, it helps prevent that musky smell in closets & mold growing on wood furniture... (Do not use bleach for mold it makes it worse! ) Tesco was out of the large bottles of Vinegar for a long time after I made that post.... I think I saw some new stock the other day... (Chawang,) use the "western" kind if you can find it (back shelves) .... 3 litre bottles about 62 baht.... same as 50ml.... go figure! Even pour some in an open jar and place in closet.... it does help!

My lazy pussy is sleeping all day long in a closet .. good thing I have a litter box, which I fill daily with coconut fiber, as he won't poop or pee out side :realangry:

Clearly God is punishing Samui for the rampant prostitution and homosexuality found here.

Did you think you could get away with this forever?

It will get worse before it gets better.

La ilaha illallah!

dont you mean allah? , as we also have lots of booze consumed , drugs taken ..... but what the hell , at least gaddaffi will stay clear of Samui

Clearly God is punishing Samui for the rampant prostitution and homosexuality found here.

La ilaha illallah!

Soso.... and why not punish Baddayaaaaaaa ????

Well not just Samui, same in Krabi and many other areas of southern Thailand...:unsure:

I don't think there will be many smiling faces by morning.... Thai or farang!

Just while having dinner the water rose over a foot, two neighbours houses now have 6" of water in their houses, luckily I have a spare suite at higher level & have to let four people share the so far, dry room.... the other neighbours have a second floor, so at least can stay dry...

If this keeps up as it looks like it will overnight ..... I might be floating down stream on my bed by morning... :(

Definitely a lot worse than the peak of rain last November....

I am guessing Rooo out of power again, he's not posted all day... not even a flicker of power going off here.... so far... amazing considering the number of trees down...

Be safe and well!

La ilaha illallah!

<deleted>*k knows what he's up to with Pattaya then!!

R

Well not just Samui, same in Krabi and many other areas of southern Thailand...:unsure:

I don't think there will be many smiling faces by morning.... Thai or farang!

Just while having dinner the water rose over a foot, two neighbours houses now have 6" of water in their houses, luckily I have a spare suite at higher level & have to let four people share the so far, dry room.... the other neighbours have a second floor, so at least can stay dry...

If this keeps up as it looks like it will overnight ..... I might be floating down stream on my bed by morning... :(

Definitely a lot worse than the peak of rain last November....

I am guessing Rooo out of power again, he's not posted all day... not even a flicker of power going off here.... so far... amazing considering the number of trees down...

Be safe and well!

Mae Nam?

R

La ilaha illallah!

well if i was to build an arch then i would not have any gay's but iw ould have plenty of women. to emmm mates with the keep the human race going.

and animals but i think i might have to let them mate with each other or things might get twisted

"Mae Nam?

R"

Yes, Maenam, still not had a flicker .... :) Keeping fingers crossed ;)

Despite the continual rain coming down the water levels have actually dropped up where I am, just can't figure that at all, the two houses flooded last night are filled with silt, but no water ....

Biggest problem I have is the toilet won't flush .... well I suppose that's easier to deal with than problems others have with flooding of homes or stores...