Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

..then only up Doi Inthanon! I guess that would be on my "must drive to" list now:)

A run up Doi Intanon can be decent fun in something torquey, especially with all that extra HP from zero degree air, heh :)

Last Dec went up there with 5 (rather hefty) farang in a chipped and cat-free PJS at full throttle the whole way.. when we got to the top the AT was so hot we barely made it into the summit carpark :o

Sounds like that was fun:) No need for the heated seat then:) With my civic I just don't feel like to go anywhere. The ranger should blast all the way up north I reckon:)

I'm in the North...and I'm sure hope so...;)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..then only up Doi Inthanon! I guess that would be on my "must drive to" list now:)

A run up Doi Intanon can be decent fun in something torquey, especially with all that extra HP from zero degree air, heh :)

Last Dec went up there with 5 (rather hefty) farang in a chipped and cat-free PJS at full throttle the whole way.. when we got to the top the AT was so hot we barely made it into the summit carpark :o

Sounds like that was fun:) No need for the heated seat then:) With my civic I just don't feel like to go anywhere. The ranger should blast all the way up north I reckon:)

I'm in the North...and I'm sure hope so...;)

Well your option is to blast down south then:) Like Puket...but the one and only time I went there was 24/12/2004 !! Glad I never had a vehicle there then:)

MRO, speaking of chiptuning in the other thread, found this on the chiptuning.de website. I don't know if its the same engine (has the same specs as the new ranger 3.2),

http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chiptuning/Ford-Transit-6-3-2-TDCI-2834-r.html

258 hp / 559 nm for the racechip pro, should show the potential for this engine in the ranger:)

MRO, speaking of chiptuning in the other thread, found this on the chiptuning.de website. I don't know if its the same engine (has the same specs as the new ranger 3.2),

http://www.racechip....DCI-2834-r.html

258 hp / 559 nm for the racechip pro, should show the potential for this engine in the ranger:)

Yep, same engine :)

For those curious about the 2.2L T6 Ranger, lookup the Mondeo 2.2L TDCI with 150HP..

http://www.racechip....DCI-2834-r.html

Yep, same engine :)

For those curious about the 2.2L T6 Ranger, lookup the Mondeo 2.2L TDCI with 150HP..

Up to: 203 ps / 447 nm for racechip pro:)

Just came back from the Ford dealer in CM(the new one on Mae Jo Rd) and I was able to to see the new 2.2 T6 4dr...VERY IMPRESSIVE !!! ...AND BIG !!! They should have a Grand Opening tomorrow,but the one T6 (and THE ONLY ONE!!) was put on the display today after 5pm(I've guessed it right).

Now,because there is only ONE TO SHOW,there is no test drives.The truck is impressive,specially compering to the "old" one on the same floor.The interior looks great,all black,the seats modern and also black fabric(I don't want leather anymore).More models should arrive on 26th Oct.

Prices for:

Open cab 4x2 Hi-rider 2.2 XLT MT 699,000 Baht

Double Cab 4x2 Hi-rider 2.2 XLT AT 799,000 Baht

Double Cab 4x2 Hi-rider 2.2 L Wildtrak AT 869,000 Baht

I've put deposit on the 2.2 XLT AT...now,how long to wait ? I don't think the salsman new himself,because he said : "One month" !!...not possible I think,so maybe somebody else will get it right tomorrow...yes,I'm going back there!

On their website, they've changed the second double cab, it's now an open cap at 799 000 baht...

http://www.ford.co.t...pper&site=FTHEN

So there is only one 4 doors truck available ?

Sorry it has already discussed, but what the mean differences between XLT and Wild track ?

thanks

Edited by sanchobkk

Just came back from the Ford dealer in CM(the new one on Mae Jo Rd) and I was able to to see the new 2.2 T6 4dr...VERY IMPRESSIVE !!! ...AND BIG !!! They should have a Grand Opening tomorrow,but the one T6 (and THE ONLY ONE!!) was put on the display today after 5pm(I've guessed it right).

Now,because there is only ONE TO SHOW,there is no test drives.The truck is impressive,specially compering to the "old" one on the same floor.The interior looks great,all black,the seats modern and also black fabric(I don't want leather anymore).More models should arrive on 26th Oct.

Prices for:

Open cab 4x2 Hi-rider 2.2 XLT MT 699,000 Baht

Double Cab 4x2 Hi-rider 2.2 XLT AT 799,000 Baht

Double Cab 4x2 Hi-rider 2.2 L Wildtrak AT 869,000 Baht

I've put deposit on the 2.2 XLT AT...now,how long to wait ? I don't think the salsman new himself,because he said : "One month" !!...not possible I think,so maybe somebody else will get it right tomorrow...yes,I'm going back there!

On their website, they've changed the second double cab, it's now an open cap at 799 000 baht...

http://www.ford.co.t...pper&site=FTHEN

So there is only one 4 doors truck available ?

Sorry it has already discussed, but what the mean differences between XLT and Wild track ?

thanks

Looks like their webmaster made a mistake - the 799K version is most definitely the 4-door 2.2L 2WD XLT model - here's the original press release which even puts it into words, twice:

http://www.ford.co.th/servlet/Satellite?c=DFYPage&cid=1178851732409&pagename=wrapper&site=FTHEN&sub_c=DFYArticle&sub_cid=1248925817933

And here's the mini-brochure which explains the differences between model grades:

http://www.ford.co.th/servlet/BlobServer/newRanger_brochure.pdf?blobtable=DFYBlob&blobheader=application/pdf&blobwhere=1248927041789&blobcol=urlblob&blobkey=id

Thanks MRO, that's good to know the pricing is secure. I am going to visit my Ford dealer tomorrow to place a deposit on the 4-door 2.2L 2WD XLT model.

Nice :)

Let us know what they say for delivery date - there's a rumor being floated by Mellor's in Australia that production has been effected by floods, but we've been unable to confirm it with anyone locally. Originally, customer deliveries of the 2.2L models were slated to start in December.

Thanks MRO, that's good to know the pricing is secure. I am going to visit my Ford dealer tomorrow to place a deposit on the 4-door 2.2L 2WD XLT model.

Let us know what they say for delivery date - there's a rumor being floated by Mellor's in Australia that production has been effected by floods, but we've been unable to confirm it with anyone locally. Originally, customer deliveries of the 2.2L models were slated to start in December.

A nice guy from Ford, not a dealer really from Ford, told me I could have a 4x2 Double in White or Orange as early as mid November. After consulting his production schedules I was informed Red could be 14th Dec.

Just like Ford to say you can have any colour you want as long as its White or Orange.

This was at Bitec during the first time buyer thingy.

A nice guy from Ford, not a dealer really from Ford, told me I could have a 4x2 Double in White or Orange as early as mid November. After consulting his production schedules I was informed Red could be 14th Dec.

Just like Ford to say you can have any colour you want as long as its White or Orange.

The First Car Buyer Expo ended on Oct 14th - well before the floods. The rumor I'm trying to investigate is quite fresh..

The First Car Buyer Expo ended on Oct 14th - well before the floods. The rumor I'm trying to investigate is quite fresh..

I hear what you are saying but thats also just 30 days before their anticipated delivery.

If the 3.2 WT is B1.1 PJS are looking mighty attractive.

I'm going to insist on the dark blue (Nam Ngen) color. I'll wait as long as it takes....

I'm insisting on Red.

She who shouts loudest wants Black.

White I don't mind.

Who would want a Rusty Orange car, unless you were called Rusty ;-)

I'm going to insist on the dark blue (Nam Ngen) color. I'll wait as long as it takes....

I'm insisting on Red.

White I don't mind.

hehe. Red was my second choice, but the wife won...

I hear what you are saying but thats also just 30 days before their anticipated delivery.

Problem is, Australia gets first dibs as it's already officially launched (even the 3.2L) and will sell in much higher volumes there. So Thai deliveries might take a lower precedence..

Unless you already have a PJS, and are keen to replace your 2.5yo pickup now, Like me for example, hehe ;)

The First Car Buyer Expo ended on Oct 14th - well before the floods. The rumor I'm trying to investigate is quite fresh.

Specs and pricing are attractive...to bad I can't say that for the looks as well :bah:

I'm insisting on Red.

White I don't mind.

hehe. Red was my second choice, but the wife won...

Seems they always do :rolleyes:, that's where we fall down. :(

I will be reconfirming 14th Dec. delivery for my Red one tomorrow!

Might have to buy her a black PJS though :ermm:

With all the extra goodies + added safety that comes with the 3.2L & the more power off course, the 3.2 sounds like the better deal to me, but your money so your choice :jap:

With all the extra goodies + added safety that comes with the 3.2L & the more power off course, the 3.2 sounds like the better deal to me, but your money so your choice :jap:

And sounds better equipped than most saloons in the 1-1.6M range:) My only problem would be whether I can get used to driving such a large vehicle in urban areas!

And sounds better equipped than most saloons in the 1-1.6M range:) My only problem would be whether I can get used to driving such a large vehicle in urban areas!

I having the same problem, mostly driving in Pattaya, but sometimes goes far up North East. I either want the PJS 2wd top model or the 3.2L Ranger. I really likes the looks of the Ranger (haven't seen it live yet I must admit) and the 5 star safety rating.

Another thing is if a "lid" can be mounted on the 3.2 that is level with the bed without removing the crash bar behind the cabin, I saw another poster asked but no answers?

I having the same problem, mostly driving in Pattaya, but sometimes goes far up North East. I either want the PJS 2wd top model or the 3.2L Ranger. I really likes the looks of the Ranger (haven't seen it live yet I must admit) and the 5 star safety rating.

Another thing is if a "lid" can be mounted on the 3.2 that is level with the bed without removing the crash bar behind the cabin, I saw another poster asked but no answers?

I asked that:) I did a search and found a carryboy flat lid with a roll bar. They are also making a tall carryboy canopy that might be better for carrying tall goods. It would be hard to justify a top model pjs at 1.3 when normally it would only have my wife any boy as passengers. No real need for 7 seats. BIL has a pjs for the big family jaunts anyway:) Chipped up to 260hp got me drooling though hehe

I asked that:) I did a search and found a carryboy flat lid with a roll bar. They are also making a tall carryboy canopy that might be better for carrying tall goods. It would be hard to justify a top model pjs at 1.3 when normally it would only have my wife any boy as passengers. No real need for 7 seats. BIL has a pjs for the big family jaunts anyway:) Chipped up to 260hp got me drooling though hehe

Thats sounds good, I might be able to convince the wife to go for the Ranger then (only one car in the house hold). I wonder how much space there is in the cabin, can 3 persons sit comfortable in the rear seats? I am in Qatar working right now so can't check myself.

Yeah, I've been thinking about the 3.2L and the added safety, but I commute long flat distance each week, and have other cars, and not really interested in high performance on this unit...but tempting...

Yeah, I've been thinking about the 3.2L and the added safety, but I commute long flat distance each week, and have other cars, and not really interested in high performance on this unit...but tempting...

If it feels to slow, just chip it. With the weight savings of a smaller engine and by not having to buy 4WD, a chipped 2.2L 2WD will be quicker than a stock 3.2L 4WD ;)

Thats sounds good, I might be able to convince the wife to go for the Ranger then (only one car in the house hold). I wonder how much space there is in the cabin, can 3 persons sit comfortable in the rear seats? I am in Qatar working right now so can't check myself.

The new Ranger is the roomiest of all the current pick-ups and rear doors now open wider too. I sat in the back of one recently that was on show at Big C, plenty of room for three in the rear.

If it feels to slow, just chip it. With the weight savings of a smaller engine and by not having to buy 4WD, a chipped 2.2L 2WD will be quicker than a stock 3.2L 4WD ;)

Fantastic! How much to chip it, I wonder.