Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

My wife had a phone call from our dealer today. They asked her to come in and finalize the finance.

While there she asked what freebies we would be receiving, the answer was none just the insurancemad.gif

MRO what would you suggest?

Too bad. My local dealer is offering 7 freebies, I can't remember them all but window tints, floor mats and bed liner were among them as well as 1st class insurance.

Where is your dealer? Thanks!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

I didn't see a comment from a "Joe Public" but I found this one interesting as when I test drove it around the parking lot, this was the exact same thing that entered my mind...

"I have taken the dual cab for a test drive with the partner, she is not small in statue, but when she got in the drivers seat. She said she could not see over the dash, so she increased the height of the seat, then hit her head on the roof. The rake (slope)of the windscreen combined with the thickness of the A pillar, created a blind spot for her. She complained that with the side mirror, there was a large black spot and it would be hard to see a car coming from the right. After 15 minutes driving, she pulled over.." I can't drive this..its crap."

I jumped in the drivers seat...yes, the windscreen rake combined with the A pillar and the side mirror, create a limited viewing area.

The side glass area is less than Toyota or Nissan, it seems to have a "Chopped" look to it, all panel and little glass."

no worries, no height adjustment seats in TH rangers until 3,2 is out next year

So the 2.2 doesn't have a height adjustable seat?!

...I think it does...but even with the seat all the way up,I will not hit the roof (I'm 6'1)...:)

My wife had a phone call from our dealer today. They asked her to come in and finalize the finance.

While there she asked what freebies we would be receiving, the answer was none just the insurancemad.gif

Too bad. My local dealer is offering 7 freebies, I can't remember them all but window tints, floor mats and bed liner were among them as well as 1st class insurance.

Where is your dealer? Thanks!

Same offer from the Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and Phayao dealers as they are owned by the same family. But usually up to each specific dealer what freebies they throw in.

I took forever to find it again. There's also some new deals that are along the same lines. You can view the forum text just can't view pictures or attachments without being a member, Google Chrome is by far the best explorer to use for translation;

New Ranger Club link

เมื่อวานตัดสินใจไปแค่ทดลองขับครับ แต่เจอเซลใจดีน่ารัก อัธยาศัยดีมากครับ <br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">ให้แบบไม่กั๊ก ผมกับแฟนดาว์น 25% ดอกเบี้ย 2.0% ครับ <br style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Tahoma, 'Microsoft Yahei', Simsun; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; ">Double Cab 2.2 4*2 Hi-rider Wildtrak 6AT ราคา 869,000-<br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">จ่ายค่าจอง 5,000-<br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">ดาว์น 25%=217,250-<br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">ผ่อน 48 เดือน=14,665*48<br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">จะผ่อน 60 เดือนก็ได้นะครับ....แต่คนที่บ้านไม่อยากเป็นหนี้นานครับ<br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">แบบว่าตามใจเค้าซักหน่อย <br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">ว่าถึงเรื่องของแถมมั่งนะครับ<br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">-พ่นกันสนิมรอบคันทุกๆ 6 เดือน นาน 2 ปี<br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">-เคลือบสีรถ นาน2ปี ตามระยะครับ<br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">-ผ้ายาง<br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">-กรอบป้าย<br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">-น้ำมันเต็มถังครับ<br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">-ฟิร์ม 3 M <br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">-ดูแลรถฟรี 15,000 จนครบ 100000 โล ครับ<br style="word-wrap: break-word; ">-ประกันชั้น 1 ครับ

After all that it seems I can't copy and paste itannoyed.gif

Good luck you're on your own, the link at the top is to the promotions page.

Thanks

assume those finances below ordinary Motorshow deals are public employees

in addition they have some freebies thrown in, in Phuket I have to haggle to get the free Insurance :annoyed:

The free insurance is up on Ford's site so I don't know how they can wriggle out of that one;free insurance till the 12th of Dec.

Thanks.

I didn't see a comment from a "Joe Public" but I found this one interesting as when I test drove it around the parking lot, this was the exact same thing that entered my mind...

"I have taken the dual cab for a test drive with the partner, she is not small in statue, but when she got in the drivers seat. She said she could not see over the dash, so she increased the height of the seat, then hit her head on the roof. The rake (slope)of the windscreen combined with the thickness of the A pillar, created a blind spot for her. She complained that with the side mirror, there was a large black spot and it would be hard to see a car coming from the right. After 15 minutes driving, she pulled over.." I can't drive this..its crap."

I jumped in the drivers seat...yes, the windscreen rake combined with the A pillar and the side mirror, create a limited viewing area.

The side glass area is less than Toyota or Nissan, it seems to have a "Chopped" look to it, all panel and little glass."

...I think it does...but even with the seat all the way up,I will not hit the roof (I'm 6'1)...:)

It does not. They are 4-way manual seats.

the height adjustable are only on the 3.2L W/T

Thanks.

Well I sat in a 4dr XLT a few weeks ago and it had a height adjustable seat but can't remember if it was 2.2 or 3.2.

Edited by skybluestu

Thanks.

Well I sat in a 4dr XLT a few weeks ago and it had a height adjustable seat but can't remember if it was 2.2 or 3.2.

well,the 3.2 L XLT was not around in TH a few weeks ago....it is manual thou...:)

same shit i Phuket, dont even want to give the free insurance if I dont finance in TISCO at almost 4%. I am close to pass on the 2,2, and get the 3,2 later elsewhere, unless they turn around when I present existing present deals at other dealers

Thanks.

well,the 3.2 L XLT was not around in TH a few weeks ago....it is manual thou...:)

the ford TH brochure says 4 way manual on all 2,2, even WT. I like to sit rised, so I will just have some distance adapter/bolts made and rise the seat. No big deal, done it a dusin times

Thanks.

the ford TH brochure says 4 way manual on all 2,2, even WT. I like to sit rised, so I will just have some distance adapter/bolts made and rise the seat. No big deal, done it a dusin times

I spoke to my Ford dealer today who said he expected all the Ranger's driver's seats to be height adjustable with only the WT being electric. He said if even the base model 1.4 Fiesta has a height adjustable seat then surely the new Ranger will too regardless of model.

KBB, how is the Tisco finance almost 4%? The rates offered at the Motor Expo which are available at all Ford dealers have been attached to a post in this thread which shows the reduced rates, I got 2.65% with 20% down and 72mnths, was going to pay a higher down payment or a shorter payment period but too good a rate to ignore.

I spoke to my Ford dealer today who said he expected all the Ranger's driver's seats to be height adjustable with only the WT being electric. He said if even the base model 1.4 Fiesta has a height adjustable seat then surely the new Ranger will too regardless of model.

KBB, how is the Tisco finance almost 4%? The rates offered at the Motor Expo which are available at all Ford dealers have been attached to a post in this thread which shows the reduced rates, I got 2.65% with 20% down and 72mnths, was going to pay a higher down payment or a shorter payment period but too good a rate to ignore.

cant say. Phuket dealers always make up their own deals. Only at Toyota have they realised I walk away and buy in BKK when they bullshit,

I have a 10% down and 2,9% 48 terms from Tanachart

and I have the Ford TH motorshow pricelist/finance

and have printed some deals done

and will see them probably tomorrow, including sales manager, to see if they want to be reasonable and if the car will be here december as promised 10 days ago

and I would love an 8 way powerseat in the 2,2 WT I have ordered :)

cant say. Phuket dealers always make up their own deals. Only at Toyota have they realised I walk away and buy in BKK when they bullshit,

I have a 10% down and 2,9% 48 terms from Tanachart

and I have the Ford TH motorshow pricelist/finance

and have printed some deals done

and will see them probably tomorrow, including sales manager, to see if they want to be reasonable and if the car will be here december as promised 10 days ago

and I would love an 8 way powerseat in the 2,2 WT I have ordered :)

I've been getting the run around too!

My dealer has agreed to the insurance but says I will not receive any of the other freebies. That's a fair amount that they are offering at the show I guess 30K plus if you get all of them and the reversing sensors.

I've contacted Ford HQ in Bangkok and told them of my situation, I'm hoping something can be resolved so I don't have to make a trip to BKK but for that amount of money it's worth it.

Hi, just to chip in with some information;

I booked my 2.2L WT at the show last Friday and I was just contacted by Tisco Finance this morning. They confirmed their rates, as per the Ford price list from the motor show. They gave me the list of documents I had to present to them (you probably all know this, but just in case I'll list them); Passport & visa, work permit, my company registration paper and 3 months bank statement. They did say that because I have had a work permit for 7 years, I don't need a Thai guarantor - which was nice :) If anyone would like the contact number for Tisco, or Ford dealer from the show please let me know if you think it would help you.

Only downside is that Ford called me to say delivery of the 2.2L WT was due for January, but has now been delayed to mid February. :(

Perhaps this next bit should be a separate thread, but can I ask anyone if they have any experience with buying or fitting aftermarket solutions for car reversing cameras, or the LCD Mirrors that the 3.2L WT Ranger has as standard? Are they available in Thailand? Thanks, all the best.

Edited by Ungabunga

Shame the ford dealership didnt have any stock of the ranger for me to assess the spaciousness. Powered seats are usually higher than the manual adjust ones, my concern is the tilt and or telescopic steering adjust. I find it rediculous that the current gen triton, vigo, last gen bt50/ranger dont offer much tilt at all, whilst i could weld on more seat track to allow additional travel of seat this would effectively make driving only marginally more confortable than a rowing machine.

The indians are also eyeing the endeavor (everest in india) and are anticipating a showing for april in thailand, checked a few blogs as they write in english. I'll resist the 2.2L as id rather go with the 3.2L, Hope i can at least see the everest to assess if its worth waiting for. Slightly dissapointed when i went to ford dealership earlier this week whilst in LOS between meetings that they didnt have a demo of the ford 2.2L, can anyone confirm how accomodating the ford will be for someone very tall?

I noticed one of the videos online showed a Ford rep claiming to be 6ft 5 sitting in the rear seats though his hair was definately millimeters from the roof line, im hoping the front seats will be more generous, thats something i want is an airy cabin, i dont see how the triton can be as spacious as it claims, its not much bigger than a strada grandis gls i drove when they came out....barely, the triton i barely can get my legs under brake diagnoly, sit close to the doors like a zuki swift. Sat in the chevy and i think it fits alright with the telescopic adjust, no side airbags and chevy resale means i wont be swayed....heard the trailblazer was supposibly 1.3mil, if thats the case then could the everest really charge a lot more?

on a side note, the cruze fits good with telescopic steering adjust, drove one and it handled like a bloated pig....id be willing to consider a cruze SS trim if they made one though to go along with that 2.2 diesel.

Edited by caphant

Well it seems the email to HQ paid off.

My dealer called this morning and asked me to come.

I've just got back and he's giving me all the extras I asked for, which was everything I could think of.

I'm on the mobile so I'll post them all when I get infront of the PC. :-)

The indians are also eyeing the endeavor (everest in india) and are anticipating a showing for april in thailand, checked a few blogs as they write in english. I'll resist the 2.2L as id rather go with the 3.2L, Hope i can at least see the everest to assess if its worth waiting for.

I think the source you've found is quoting a story published in an Ozzie rag a few days ago: http://www.adelaiden...u-1226212797645

Based on info I have the best you can expect is an unveiling at the BKK International Motor Show (March-April 2012) - customer deliveries are slated for late 2012/early 2013.

Still, an unveiling will at least give some insight as to whether it's worth waiting for ;)

I've just got back and he's giving me all the extras I asked for, which was everything I could think of.

Well done Stefan, congrats! :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Let me know how you made out on list and how to contact them as I been getting the same runaround, and just got back from the second visit, and had money in hand for deposit, when told No insurance and can only get what I see with no delivery date or price! Whn I quoted all the promotion stuff on computer was told no, nothing given with the 3.2! I have been looking for their email address as well, but couldn't find it!

well done stefan, my turn tomorrow, so post it asap please, I will load with prints, of course ThaiVisa info removed B)

This is what I got;

- Hkool film (I was offered any of the 3 V,H or 3M)

- Rust protection/ Wax ever 6 months for 2 years.

- Free white plate plus registration costs and tax.

- Full tank of gas

- Free service from 15,000km to 100,000km.

- wind guard/ protector for windows and bonnet.

- Park pilot sensors 4 zone

- Insurance for 1 year

I originally posted my situation on Ford's Facebook page, then they asked me to email them over my receipt to; [email protected]

Good luck!cool.gif

This is what I got;

- Full tank of gas

- Insurance for 1 year

I originally posted my situation on Ford's Facebook page, then they asked me to email them over my receipt to; [email protected]

Good luck!cool.gif

Thanks, already printed, scissor next to remove TV info, Ford Phuket today

This is what I got;

- Full tank of gas

- Insurance for 1 year

Good luck!cool.gif

Thank you for the info, and sent complaint out to them as I was lierally told by the local dealers that there are no internet deals from ford and was told put a deposit, or shut up the conversation was over, after asking if he would just look at the web! If I wasn't an Expat, he would have got a fist! We test drove yesterday at show and wife is 5'2" and had no problems driving or seeing and loved the ride. We drove the white Wildtrack 3.2 4X4, and had cash in hand but woman out there said said same thing no insurance, nothing extra! Lamlukka dealer that insulted me said 3.2 not available till November 2012!!! If this doesn't pan out going back to the Isuzu/Toyota dealers, at least they know prices and delivery date!!

This is what I got;

- Full tank of gas

- Insurance for 1 year

Good luck!cool.gif

Thank you for the info, and sent complaint out to them as I was lierally told by the local dealers that there are no internet deals from ford and was told put a deposit, or shut up the conversation was over, after asking if he would just look at the web! If I wasn't an Expat, he would have got a fist! We test drove yesterday at show and wife is 5'2" and had no problems driving or seeing and loved the ride. We drove the white Wildtrack 3.2 4X4, and had cash in hand but woman out there said said same thing no insurance, nothing extra! Lamlukka dealer that insulted me said 3.2 not available till November 2012!!! If this doesn't pan out going back to the Isuzu/Toyota dealers, at least they know prices and delivery date!!

I was also told the 3.2 would be available late next year at the show today, while several days ago I was told april! Are they trying to get people to order the 2.2.

MRO do you know how many of the 3.2 vs 2.2 have been ordered at the show?

Anyway I managed to get into the ranger today and there was plenty of room front and back for my 189 cm frame. Seats are firm but found them comfortable.

What's with the dual zone air cond? I was expecting to see air vents in the centre console but they were not there. Where are they?

This is what I got;

- Full tank of gas

- Insurance for 1 year

Good luck!cool.gif

I was also told the 3.2 would be available late next year at the show today, while several days ago I was told april! Are they trying to get people to order the 2.2.

Anyway I managed to get into the ranger today and there was plenty of room front and back for my 189 cm frame. Seats are firm but found them comfortable.

What's with the dual zone air cond? I was expecting to see air vents in the centre console but they were not there. Where are they?

Yeah thats what i thought, a ford sales tactic to net up potential 3.2L buyers and steer them towards the 2.2L on the basis of being available for a longer period of time till the 3.2L becomes available.

I always appreciate the rear airconditioning in a sedan and suv too, The dual zone aircon is refering to the passenger and driver being able to select their own temperatures rather than rear aircondition.

Thanks for commenting about the size, i dont see how you can fit your vigos confortably with their short tilt adjust and no telescopic adjust to sent wheel closer to driver as you add railing to make the seat go back. But now not just D segments have more adjust, the newer cruze and civic have telescopic adjust and fit good.

Edited by caphant

This is what I got;

- Full tank of gas

- Insurance for 1 year

Good luck!cool.gif

Yeah thats what i thought, a ford sales tactic to net up potential 3.2L buyers and steer them towards the 2.2L on the basis of being available for a longer period of time till the 3.2L becomes available.

I always appreciate the rear airconditioning in a sedan and suv too, The dual zone aircon is refering to the passenger and driver being able to select their own temperatures rather than rear aircondition.

Thanks for commenting about the size, i dont see how you can fit your vigos confortably with their short tilt adjust and no telescopic adjust to sent wheel closer to driver as you add railing to make the seat go back. But now not just D segments have more adjust, the newer cruze and civic have telescopic adjust and fit good.

Thanks about the air cond. At least there's the vent in the centre console to keep the beers cold:) I sat in the passenger front then swapped to the rear behind. Both were comfortable, but not sure if I would move the front seat further back when driving. What's most disappointing is that we don't get the roller shutter on the 3.2 wildtrak, while Australia will get it. I did look in the back and don't see how it could work with the current rails and roll bar (if that's what you call it:) Most people buying the 3.2 would probably not be using it as a work horse carrying large stuff, so it's a strange omission for nearly 1.1 million. Let's hope something aftermarket comes along.

Nope, but we might get more detailed figures in a few days time.

In any case, it's very clear that salespeople are just trying to sell what they have - I wouldn't be surprised if some of them turned around and said that there is no 3.2L version at all ;)

Nope, but we might get more detailed figures in a few days time.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them turned around and said that there is no 3.2L version at all ;)

Yes Id like to buy a ranger 3.2L can I have in blue?

..............mista blue no have, 3.2 cannot