Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

With thanks to Peter Fleet for his quick intervention I was able to place my order today for the 2.2 2WD Auto Wildtrak.

Delivery sometime around January next year, not a problem for me as I'm in no great hurry.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With thanks to Peter Fleet for his quick intervention I was able to place my order today for the 2.2 2WD Auto Wildtrak.

Delivery sometime around January next year, not a problem for me as I'm in no great hurry.

So at that point are you buying a 2013 model?

This is something I have wondered. I have gotten similar dates for both the Ford & the Mazda....

3-5 months from now delivery...........

So I wondered....2012 or 2013 model? If 2012 it would seem they should then discount it a bit as I would assume

resale has taken a bit of a hit of 2013 comes out.

Not a big deal for someone who has no plans of selling....

Good work. So does this mean you CAN order a wildtrak now? Why has ford here said you can't order it? It seems to me if you are prepared to wait there should be no problem ordering now, unless they are having major quality control / supply problems.

So I wondered....2012 or 2013 model? If 2012 it would seem they should then discount it a bit as I would assume

resale has taken a bit of a hit of 2013 comes out.

I think the way we (North American's) always related model years does not really apply in Thailand. I would assume that if there are any minor upgrades to the Ranger before I take delivery, they would be included. It seems that here it all depends on when you take delivery to determine the year of the vehicle.

Actually I was happy they took my order now, as I have a price guarantee even if the price increases for next year.

Good work. So does this mean you CAN order a wildtrak now? Why has ford here said you can't order it? It seems to me if you are prepared to wait there should be no problem ordering now, unless they are having major quality control / supply problems.

As I said, it took intervention by Peter Fleet to tell the local dealer to accept my order. He emailed the GM and when I went into the dealership they knew me by name and no questions asked, took the order.

As I said, it took intervention by Peter Fleet to tell the local dealer to accept my order. He emailed the GM and when I went into the dealership they knew me by name and no questions asked, took the order.

Mr Fleet could become a busy fellow if more people read this thread:)

It's not Peter Fleet who needs to get busy, it's Ford Thailand that need to get their act together & get the trucks produced & delivered to the domestic market. Over 3 months wait so far, & talk now of 5 months for a freaking truck!! It's a rare sight to see one in Chiang Mai. Lots of Mazdas.....

It's not Peter Fleet who needs to get busy, it's Ford Thailand that need to get their act together & get the trucks produced & delivered to the domestic market. Over 3 months wait so far, & talk now of 5 months for a freaking truck!! It's a rare sight to see one in Chiang Mai. Lots of Mazdas.....

With less than 60,000 TOTAL units per year.... that is the sum total of ALL the vehicles that Ford ever planned for the Thai domestic market, I doubt that carpet bombing Mr. Fleet's email address is about to make any difference in Ranger availability.

Vigo wait-list is out to +3 months. The top of the line new Isuzu is upwards of a +5 month wait at the moment. About three months ago these trucks were 3 weeks and 3 months respectively.

Off you go and get the Mazda while their delivery times are still within reason!

I've used "fabric" seatcovers for years on my leather seats. Not so much for the heat, but because leaver seats in the honda civic are very hard - the leather is very tight on them and still is after 8 years of having my fat ass on them. The covers I have are red and have foam padding in them - they aren't a 'full' seatcover as the back is still exposed. I think they were 1200 baht a set or something for the fronts. You can find those in shopping centres, often in the open areas that sell car stuff.

...yeah,I've seen those,not exactly "fabric"....for the tropical climate one needs something breathable,like the mesh type,cotton,or...the sheepskin smile.png

yes!.... sheepskin...great seating....Canadian Pacific Airlines ( now defunct) had 'em in first class..comfy.

Back in the mists of time I bought some beauties for about 4 bucks each from roadside vendors in South Africa for my leather seated Rover 2000...excellent in the heat.....often wondered why not seen 'em elsewhere...not seen 'em here for sure...anyone??

Yes it looks like mazdas on the road are outnumbering the fords, and the gap will widen over the next few months. Lucky I'm not in any hurry for a second vehicle!

Yes it looks like mazdas on the road are outnumbering the fords, and the gap will widen over the next few months. Lucky I'm not in any hurry for a second vehicle!

I am no hurry either and expect to order a 2.2 2wd Wildtrack in the end of the year. Yes I also noticed a lot more Mazdas around than Ranger, maybe the Mazda don't sell in such large numbers overseas, it is after all very ugly compared to the Rangerwhistling.gif .

Lets hope Ford get the production up and can start release more cars here soon.

I got a call from my Mazda dealer today telling me all BT-50 3.2 and 4x4 orders are canceled. Mazda will not have 3.2 models or 4x4 models until January 2013. So I called Mazda corporate directly in Bangkok on their speedline. They confirmed they had production problems with the 3.2 and 4x4 and all order are canceled and the 3.2 or 4x4 will not be available until January 2013.

I got a call from my Mazda dealer today telling me all BT-50 3.2 and 4x4 orders are canceled. Mazda will not have 3.2 models or 4x4 models until January 2013. So I called Mazda corporate directly in Bangkok on their speedline. They confirmed they had production problems with the 3.2 and 4x4 and all order are canceled and the 3.2 or 4x4 will not be available until January 2013.

Wondering if they are the same problems the ranger is having...and what about those already getting their 3.2's? Are they carrying the existing problems and will need to be addressed?

Bummer I know a Thai contractor who has been waiting on his 4x4 since March 5th 2012

Unless one is a commercial user, towing or hauling big loads regularly, the 3.2 4x4 in any guise will be overkill. Great to look at but uneconomical for the average weekend road warrior. The ones posting here that already have their 2.2 2x4's say that it's an excellent ride, decent consumption and fit for most purposes. Those that are waiting for their 3.2's that may want to downsize are sort of buggered now as the 2.2 2x4 wait list isn't getting any shorter either. Vigo and Isuzu wait lists have also grown... must be the rain!

Also noted from the UK Ranger forum that 3.2 Wildtrak order taking is also suspended and now won't be available until Q1 2013, same as the BT-50's top-range models over here. Some of the lucky Brits managed to get their Wildtrak's ex- South Africa before these 'problems' kicked in.

PS. Plenty of Tata's available with 3-day delivery.

Edited by NanLaew

Unless one is towing or hauling big loads regularly, the 3.2 4x4 in any guise will be overkill. Great to look at but uneconomical for the average weekend road warrior. The ones posting here that already have their 2.2 2x4's say that it's an excellent ride, decent consumption and fit for most purposes. Those that are waiting for their 3.2's that may want to downsize are sort of buggered now as the 2.2 2x4 wait list isn't getting any shorter either. Vigo and Isuzu wait lists have also grown... must be the rain!

Also noted from the UK Ranger forum that 3.2 Wildtrak order taking is also suspended and now won't be available until Q1 2013, same as the BT-50's top-range models over here. Some of the lucky Brits managed to get their Wildtrak's ex- South Africa before these 'problems' kicked in.

Yeah 2.2 is enough for 99% of life the only problem for Mazda is they only offer the 4x4models with the 3.2. That means doesn't have 4x4 to buy order or sell.

I would liek to see what back covers people have on it..... As I am unsure what to get....

Also, how do you put it in Neutral and let it roll when you want to park in those places where they can push the cars.

I put it in Neutral, turned the car off but it wouldnt let me take the key out.

Unless one is towing or hauling big loads regularly, the 3.2 4x4 in any guise will be overkill. Great to look at but uneconomical for the average weekend road warrior. The ones posting here that already have their 2.2 2x4's say that it's an excellent ride, decent consumption and fit for most purposes. Those that are waiting for their 3.2's that may want to downsize are sort of buggered now as the 2.2 2x4 wait list isn't getting any shorter either. Vigo and Isuzu wait lists have also grown... must be the rain!

Yeah 2.2 is enough for 99% of life the only problem for Mazda is they only offer the 4x4models with the 3.2. That means doesn't have 4x4 to buy order or sell.

and if you want a ranger 2.2 4x4 you can only get it in manual guise!! sad.png Would hope this problem encourages ford to accelerate a 4x4 auto XLT model.

Edited by culicine

I would liek to see what back covers people have on it..... As I am unsure what to get....

Also, how do you put it in Neutral and let it roll when you want to park in those places where they can push the cars.

Ask at ford? Is there no shift lock like in a regular car?

and if you want a ranger 2.2 4x4 you can only get it in manual guise!! sad.png Would hope this problem encourages ford to accelerate a 4x4 auto XLT model.

You can get a 2.2 auto Wildtrak 4 door Cab

You can get a 2.2 auto Wildtrak 4 door Cab

Yes that's true. And I think the 4wd system is adding 100K to the price. Pretty steep prince to pay for a highway warrior like melaugh.png Better stick to the 2x4 and enjoy better fuel economy. I'm assuming the economy is better anyway:) And the wildtrak deliveries have been postponed too.

In the silver bezel just in front of the shifter, there's a small cover that when removed, allows access to a button that you press so that the shifter can be moved from Park to Neutral. So you would Park as usual, remove the ignition key and then use this button to move the shifter to Neutral. Make sure you do the reverse process before you try and drive away!

The CR-V has this button accessible through a key-shaped hole below the shifter so one uses the ignition key for that. Look's like Ford haven't finessed the 'emergency park position release button' as they call it.

PS. This is from the Owner's Manual. I haven't tried it so if you pop the cover and there's bugger all underneath, don't bitch at me!

Edited by NanLaew

I ordered a 4 door Wildtrak 2.2 in Chilli Orange on 11 June , so lets see how long it is. Ford Pattaya

I told them I could be persuaded on another colour or model even , if one was to become available earlier, fingers crossed now waiting for the call

Edited by PoolHustler

I ordered a 4 door Wildtrak 2.2 in Chilli Orange on 11 June , so lets see how long it is. Ford Pattaya

I told them I could be persuaded on another colour or model even , if one was to become available earlier, fingers crossed now waiting for the call

I ordered exactly the same (black/white being alternatives) in mid January at Ford Rama 2.

1 month ago they had delivered "ONE"!!!! and I was number 7 on the list, I might be number 6 now.

I ordered exactly the same (black/white being alternatives) in mid January at Ford Rama 2.

1 month ago they had delivered "ONE"!!!! and I was number 7 on the list, I might be number 6 now.

I ordered a white 4 door 2.2L 4x4 Wildtrak January 8th, still has not arrived.

I waited just shy of 7 months.

Except for a couple of issues it was worth the wait.

I was so close to walking into Mitsu, I'm glad I didn't now!

All I can say to those that are waiting is, It's defiantly worth the wait!