Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

I canselled 2,2 today after viewing a black 4 door auto XLT, so as of noon it was available in Phuket, but probably sold by now. Moved my deposit to 3,2 Wildtrack in Chili Orange, and just recieved confirmation by phone late March or early April 2012 delivery.

XLT comes with height adjustment of drivers seat, so previous info/brouchure fortunatley was wrong. Both drivers seat and rearseat are class leading on leg space

I canselled 2,2 today after viewing a black 4 door auto XLT, so as of noon it was available in Phuket, but probably sold by now. Moved my deposit to 3,2 Wildtrack in Chili Orange, and just recieved confirmation by phone late March or early April 2012 delivery.

XLT comes with height adjustment of drivers seat, so previous info/brouchure fortunatley was wrong. Both drivers seat and rearseat are class leading on leg space

Did you manage to take it out for a spin?

If yes, what are your comments on the auto with the 2.2 engine?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you manage to take it out for a spin?

If yes, what are your comments on the auto with the 2.2 engine?

They have a blue 4door xlt manual for testdriving, but I didnt bother as its so far from what I want. I used to own car dealerships, and wouldnt dream about asking to take a zero km showroomcar out for a spin, as I wouldnt buy it anyway

Is there a firm price for the 3.2 yet?

In the auto section of the paper we are not allowed to quote: 1.1 mill

We've been aware of the rough figure for a while but haven't seen an official figure from ford. It' could be, 1.08M for example. 1.1 sounds like their rounded off figure, or estimate. Just was wondering when the official figure will be available.

We've been aware of the rough figure for a while but haven't seen an official figure from ford. It' could be, 1.08M for example. 1.1 sounds like their rounded off figure, or estimate. Just was wondering when the official figure will be available.

Not available yet, but even if they dare 1,1 its still fantastic value for money. Ford TH please dont reduce TH spec to get lower price

Not available yet, but even if they dare 1,1 its still fantastic value for money. Ford TH please dont reduce TH spec to get lower price

I think they dropped the heated seats and privacy glass? Yes I agree it's great value, especially if you really don't need 7 seats and covered back - those suv's are in the 1.3 - 1.6M range. The everest could top 1.4 million, 300K more than the similarly equipped ranger. The carryboy would cost 30K so that sorts the covered rear. Definately it would feel much safer than a c-segment car, with loads of ground clearance for the wet season on our crappy roads.

[

I think they dropped the heated seats and privacy glass? Yes I agree it's great value, especially if you really don't need 7 seats and covered back - those suv's are in the 1.3 - 1.6M range. The everest could top 1.4 million, 300K more than the similarly equipped ranger. The carryboy would cost 30K so that sorts the covered rear. Definately it would feel much safer than a c-segment car, with loads of ground clearance for the wet season on our crappy roads.

I think you forget the bestselling/value PJS at just under 1.2 mill. For me the PJS and Ranger are on the short list for hopefully a new car next year. The plan is to go try them both next year and then make up our mind. There will only be one car in the household so the wife also have a word. To me the Ranger looks best of the two, but not with a carryboy that will destroy the looks (in my eyes, he-he.

I agree regarding sedans, my little tin car City that despite has been/is a good car for the money, I just don't fell that safe in it, its fell bloody small when sitting next to a suv or pick-up so it has to go.

[

I think you forget the bestselling/value PJS at just under 1.2 mill. For me the PJS and Ranger are on the short list for hopefully a new car next year. The plan is to go try them both next year and then make up our mind. There will only be one car in the household so the wife also have a word. To me the Ranger looks best of the two, but not with a carryboy that will destroy the looks (in my eyes, he-he.

I agree regarding sedans, my little tin car City that despite has been/is a good car for the money, I just don't fell that safe in it, its fell bloody small when sitting next to a suv or pick-up so it has to go.

I didn't forget the PJS - my brother in law has one and I've driven it a few times. Nice vehicle, but I felt it needed to be hammered to get good acceleration when overtaking sometimes. That 2.5 178 HP has to work hard for a large vehicle. But I think it's still the best choice for a 7 seater so far. I'm not so much into carryboys (those large covers), but really want the back covered - the OZ version comes with a roller shutter apparently, so hopefully something similar comes here as aftermarket soon. I would not want to rear end such a large vehicle in my civic - I think it would go right underneath it!

Finally Ford has updated their web page on the Ranger; http://www.ford.co.t...tions/spec-data

They maybe holding out but it seems that the safety features are left out of the 3.2 in Thailand, it seems they've added them to the accessories angry.png

I saw this - I think that just means they are exclusive to the wildtrak 3.2. I don't think they cost extra. Without those things they will never sell the vehicle at 1.1 million. The 3.2 version at the motor show certainly had side airbags as it was printed into the side of the door above the arm rest.

I went to the Ford dealer in Pattaya 3 times in december. The information they gave me is crap. They do not seem to know anything about the New Ranger and when it comes to the showroom. I asked how much the registration tax is for the Wildtrack 2.2 l. Answer: 8'000 Baht. - I do not think this is correct. Asked how much the exise tax is. Answer; 69'000 Baht. I do not think this is correct. - I asked if I could get a reverse sensor. Answer: Not possible. - I asked what I would get as freebie. Answer: nothing, not even the insurance. Not interested anymore and left. Sent an e-mail to Ford headquarter five days ago, but did not get any reaction.

I would suggest them just to sell their cars through the internet, and close the dealership. Imagine, you have to bring your car for regularly services to these people, and it will surely be the same quality of customer service. Better avoid.

We bought from the Pattaya dealer and they where bloody useless, luckily we are happy with the truck and the price but I would not use them again, my main gripe was I made it a condition that we wanted the white plates within a month which they promised would be the case and then didn't deliver on their side of the bargain until we rang the Ford HQ in BKK. Some of the BS and excuses they were coming out with was quite funny now in hindsight but it is a shame that they cannot train their staff to a bit higher standard than the present, that said all the other companies we went to where crap as well which is frustrating as we are not exactly talking rocket science here

This topic have been going on since end of March and over 860 post and still nobody actually have one in the garage and tommorow is last day of the year 2011?

Assuming all the posters are expats I must say that we have adopted well, being as patient as the Thais.whistling.gif

This topic have been going on since end of March and over 860 post and still nobody actually have one in the garage and tommorow is last day of the year 2011?

Assuming all the posters are expats I must say that we have adopted well, being as patient as the Thais.whistling.gif

I would have if I accepted black and XLT 2,2 auto, but prefere to wait for 3,2 in chilli orange. mazda2 will have to do until then, no long trips until Songkran

I would have if I accepted black and XLT 2,2 auto, but prefere to wait for 3,2 in chilli orange. mazda2 will have to do until then, no long trips until Songkran

I saw the chilli orange one on many photos and on youtube, and it looks very nice. I would also consider this color. However, I think the color in the showrooms and the motorexpo may not be the same as they use now for the customers.

On this photo, http://www.marshallweb.co.uk/vancentre/newranger.asp the color does not look so expressive anymore. Make sure not to be disappointed.

I saw the chilli orange one on many photos and on youtube, and it looks very nice. I would also consider this color. However, I think the color in the showrooms and the motorexpo may not be the same as they use now for the customers.

On this photo, http://www.marshallw...e/newranger.asp the color does not look so expressive anymore. Make sure not to be disappointed.

I'm sure it's the same colour. That pic could have been brightened in photoshop. In the showroom or the motor show it looked good under bright lights. However, you will see this colour on the fiesta here on the street and it looks much duller. I would need to see it out on the street first to see how it looks in different light conditions. Apart from that colour I think the white will look the nicest (or their dark grey).

Me too. Had a choice of Mica Black or Aurora Blue and could have driven home earlier this week but decided on White (again!) so have to wait 2 weeks.

On this photo, http://www.marshallw...e/newranger.asp the color does not look so expressive anymore. Make sure not to be disappointed.

I'm sure it's the same colour. That pic could have been brightened in photoshop. In the showroom or the motor show it looked good under bright lights. However, you will see this colour on the fiesta here on the street and it looks much duller. I would need to see it out on the street first to see how it looks in different light conditions. Apart from that colour I think the white will look the nicest (or their dark grey).

easy choice, as I dont want black, dark gray, silver, I am left with white and chilli red, and white with charcoal doorhandles/rollbar and front isnt really my thing, in addition white being solid paint harder to keep clean and scratch free, so chilli it will be

in addition I am building a gay reputation by presently driving a mazda2 in TRUE RED, so got to keep the image

I've gone with the black, I know every Som Chai and his brother has black but IMO black looks the best when clean. I was so close to ordering the grey but didn't like the contrast of grill and door handles. I suppose the black gives me a reason to get the pressure washer out and use it once a week ;-)

I've gone with the black, I know every Som Chai and his brother has black but IMO black looks the best when clean. I was so close to ordering the grey but didn't like the contrast of grill and door handles. I suppose the black gives me a reason to get the pressure washer out and use it once a week ;-)

I have had my last black car, a 1999 Dodge Ram. It was so large, I couldnt wash the roof and center of lid without stairs. I have flipped out with a couple of black bikes since, and black is wash every day, and wax every weekclap2.gifpost-81971-0-51452400-1325301308_thumb.j

Will Mazda release the same as the Ranger Spec given time, but quite a bit cheaper , as Isuzu do with Chevy.??..coffee1.gif .

Mazda Phuket sales manager says top spec Mazda BT50 will be same as Ranger at same price.

In addition Mazda BT50 usually comes in 4 door low spec, priced lower than Ranger