Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

I need 3.2 and 4X4 for me!! I got this one, next one I buy, I'll let you choose!! Since Ford forgot who its cutomers are or what they make, and can't figure out how or when to deliver, I'll go another way, but thank you for the real concern, let me know when you are ready and I'll help you decide too!!

Sounds like so much JAVO to me.

I retired from the Army , driving jeeps, trucks, and hummers, all 4X4, after retiring, was a big game guide, and all my personal vehicles have been 4X4. When iferst moving here I let wife choose Yaris, and after lots of flaring torn off and driving through water almost to the headlights, never gonna have a car ever again!! If you need 4X4 or more power just once, it is worth the price, and like I stated, my personal preference! Been driving for 42 years now, and know what I like! Not sure why you seem to express what you think I need or why I need it? They sell lots of trucks in different model and colors so you can pick anc choose "YOUR OWN", so thats what I did! So, do we now need to discuss why I am changing wheels and tires also?? Its not a macho thing, but yes I am a definate American Redneck, I live here by choice, and would have a rack with a shotgun in the back window if I were allowed one! I also carried a handgun from the time I was 19, till the day I moved over here, again all my choices!! Thanks again for placing your personal opinion on my life choices!!

I apologize!!!... a new driving demographic of JARVO has been hatched.

I don't intend to tell you what you should want and why you should want it... especially now I know there's an empty gun rack in there. But it seems strange that after contributing positive comments on this rather esoteric thread, all of a sudden, you (and all your exclamation marks) settle for a rather dated truck that has always been available. Maybe you did need the wheels yesterday but it appears that your motivation is driven by lack of patience with typically piss-poor Thai customer service. I mean it's not like that's unique to Ford or that you need to be anywhere in a brand new truck tomorrow is it?

Anyway, as a fellow appreciator of pick-ups, good luck with your new wheels. If you don't sneer, I won't gloat.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need 3.2 and 4X4 for me!! I got this one, next one I buy, I'll let you choose!! Since Ford forgot who its cutomers are or what they make, and can't figure out how or when to deliver, I'll go another way, but thank you for the real concern, let me know when you are ready and I'll help you decide too!!

Sounds like so much JAVO to me.

I retired from the Army , driving jeeps, trucks, and hummers, all 4X4, after retiring, was a big game guide, and all my personal vehicles have been 4X4. When iferst moving here I let wife choose Yaris, and after lots of flaring torn off and driving through water almost to the headlights, never gonna have a car ever again!! If you need 4X4 or more power just once, it is worth the price, and like I stated, my personal preference! Been driving for 42 years now, and know what I like! Not sure why you seem to express what you think I need or why I need it? They sell lots of trucks in different model and colors so you can pick anc choose "YOUR OWN", so thats what I did! So, do we now need to discuss why I am changing wheels and tires also?? Its not a macho thing, but yes I am a definate American Redneck, I live here by choice, and would have a rack with a shotgun in the back window if I were allowed one! I also carried a handgun from the time I was 19, till the day I moved over here, again all my choices!! Thanks again for placing your personal opinion on my life choices!!

I apologize!!!... a new driving demographic of JARVO has been hatched.

I don't intend to tell you what you should want and why you should want it... especially now I know there's an empty gun rack in there. But it seems strange that after contributing positive comments on this rather esoteric thread, all of a sudden, you (and all your exclamation marks) settle for a rather dated truck that has always been available. Maybe you did need the wheels yesterday but it appears that your motivation is driven by lack of patience with typically piss-poor Thai customer service. I mean it's not like that's unique to Ford or that you need to be anywhere in a brand new truck tomorrow is it?

Anyway, as a fellow appreciator of pick-ups, good luck with your new wheels. If you don't sneer, I won't gloat.

In the past I have followed and I have lead, so not sure where the JARVO fits in. Yes I am impatient, and after several emails from Ford Thailand changing all info each time, I will just go back to Toyota for a few years! If I see you in your Ford, I will smile not sneer, but I am not one to set for half a year for something. I like bling, and always have, but last 3 trucks have been plain white as will be this one! But I do want some shiney wheels, can't be in Thailand without something shiney. As for tomoorrow, if I had the new truck, still couln't travel as I have 2 dogs giving birth within the next few weeks, but want to see the driveway with something new, besides the ATV I just bought a month ago for my birthday, just a new toy. Enjoy the Ford this summer and post a pic.

I've been kinda fanatical on research the last few days.

The prospects aren't looking good :-(

There's even reports that new letters will be sent out before the BKK Show.

It seems that AAT is having QC problems with certain parts, or at least that's what Ford and chatter is suggesting.

From what is being suggested, lately and at the upcoming BKK Show you can't even order a Wildtrak.

This news is starting to get like reoccurring joke, that isn't funny!

I'm not sure, but I'm starting think they don't even want to market the WT in Thailand?

It seems that AAT is having QC problems with certain parts, or at least that's what Ford and chatter is suggesting.

From what is being suggested, lately and at the upcoming BKK Show you can't even order a Wildtrak.

I'm not sure, but I'm starting think they don't even want to market the WT in Thailand?

This why I am switching to a Toyota!!! No more guessing game and no more lies!

This why I am switching to a Toyota!!! No more guessing game and no more lies!

I am gonna follow this thread regardless to see where it leads, but I take delivery on New Toyota Vigo on Friday. Not sure whats going on with the Ford trucks, but for some reason they don't want to just say theres a problem and tell anyone what it is! Anyways, now there is one less on the totem pole to wait on when and if 3.2 comes to market here!

Could the mystery be solved?

Global Fleet Sales wins $146 million contract to supply 6,000 Army trucks

Southfield-based Global Fleet Sales Inc., aftermarket outfitters of customized Ford Motor Co. vehicles for international aid and development organizations, has a $146 million contract to supply nearly 6,000 trucks for the U.S. Army by late 2012.

The company, a division of Thailand-based RMA Automotive, was chosen from three bidders for a recent contract with the U.S. Army Contracting Command at the Tacom Life Cycle Management Command in Warren.

The award is for procurement of 3,955 police trucks, 1,788 cargo transport trucks and 55 mobile maintenance trucks to be completed by November 2012. Work will be completed in Chonburi, Thailand, according to a release from the U.S. Department of Defense, which does not specify where the trucks will be deployed.

Global Fleet Sales is a vehicle fleet supplier of custom-modified Ford trucks, SUVs and light commercial vehicles for organizations handling global humanitarian aid, relief work and other development projects, according to the company's Web site. It also maintains an unmodified fleet of Ford base vehicles for rapid delivery worldwide within 48 hours.

Carol Grakul, vice president of Global Fleet Sales and regional manager for the Americas at RMA in Southfield, could not be immediately reached for comment on the defense contract today.

Global Fleet Sales to Launch the All-New Ranger at AidEx 2011

Posted on: September 9, 2011

The all new Ford Ranger will be making its debut to the Aid and Development community with Global Fleet Sales taking a lead in displaying a show unit at the AidEx exhibition in Brussels, Belgium on October 19-20, 2011.

AidEx will attract thousands of visitors and over 300 exhibitors from UK, Europe, US, India and the special African contingent.

Apart from the All-New Ranger, GFS will also launch the 2012 Ford Transit Ambulance at this exhibition.

Sadly, not the models most TV posters are interested in though. The US Army doesn't have a lot of interest in RHD versions unless they've changed their thinking quite substantially over the last 100 years or so.

Sadly, not the models most TV posters are interested in though. The US Army doesn't have a lot of interest in RHD versions unless they've changed their thinking quite substantially over the last 100 years or so.

yup probably have a separate assembly line anyways but will certainly eat up parts supplies especially since there is usually a heavy penalty clause with gov contracts

OK, cancelled my Wildtrack order, requested refund, and took delivery on Toyota Vigo Champ, 4DR,AT,4X4, G model. I'm just ready now for the show to hear what they tell people about the wildtracks!

OK, cancelled my Wildtrack order, requested refund, and took delivery on Toyota Vigo Champ, 4DR,AT,4X4, G model. I'm just ready now for the show to hear what they tell people about the wildtracks!

I'm confused! I didn't drink last night but I must be hungover as I thought I just read someone chose an old Vigo Chump over a new Ranger Wildtrak?! Only jesting, I'm sure you'll be happy with the Vigo and won't regret that decision in a few months at all wink.png

Update from Ford Thailand;

Today we have sent letters via post to each our all-new Ranger Wildtrak customers to provide an update on the status of our production and current delays on delivery. The letter reiterates that the delays are largely a result of disruption to our production from last year’s floods, and the fact that some of our key suppliers are still in the recovery process.

Unfortunately, we could not have anticipated the current length of delays, and despite working around the clock at our plant and with our suppliers to improve the situation, our monthly production volume continues to be much lower than what is necessary to fulfill our current orders.

It is with much regret that we are still unable to provide our customers with a specific delivery date for their new Ranger Wildtrak, and for this, we offer our deepest and sincere apologies.

However, we did share other actions that we are taking, as we try to demonstrate our appreciation for the current situation of our Wildtrak customers:

1. We have stopped taking any more new orders for the Ranger Wildtrak so that we can focus on completing deliveries of current orders as quickly as possible. That means we will not be taking Wildtrak bookings at the upcoming Bangkok Motor Show.

2. We continue to work on improving the situation and will deliver vehicles to customers prioritized on the basis of the date of the original order and parts availability.

3. We guarantee that all Wildtrak orders are price-protected, and will not be subject to any price increase.

4. We will provide our customers with a further update in early May.

We do appreciate that some customers may not be willing or able to wait any longer and may wish to cancel their booking. Although we never want to lose a valued customer, we will ensure that our Ford dealers respect requests for deposit refunds should any customer wish to do so.

On behalf of Ford Motor Company, we again offer our sincere apologies for this situation. We greatly appreciate our customers’ understanding of what has been an extraordinary and unforeseen circumstance that continues to impact so many people and businesses throughout Thailand.

Customers with any questions are encouraged to contact their Ford dealer, or the Ford Call Center at 0-2686-5899 (Bangkok) or 1-800-293-333 (toll-free from upcountry).

Popped in past the Udon dealership to check on my order. I stressed that getting it before Songkran would be ideal and the sales chap said that there was a pretty good chance I would... we will see. Meanwhile, there were two Gunmetal Blue, 4-door, AT's on the floor and one was tarted up with the 'Test Drive' decals so I took it for a short thrash up and down Mitraparb. Smooth and quiet, I would say quieter and less bouncy than the Vigo's that I have driven thousands of km's in. The shifting was very smooth and I didn't notice any lag when I gassed it from a very slow roll when leaving the showroom or at the two U-turns on the highway. The a/c was doing a great job without being flat-out too. Decent sized and angled rear-view mirrors and the drivers seat adjustment seat was capable of accomodating my 6' 4" frame, once again giving me maybe 2" extra knee room over the Vigo.

He mentioned that a German had been in earlier and offered a cash 'bonus' to take the Test Drive car but the management declined to sell.

Edited by NanLaew

Yep you are my height, I cant get my legs under the vigo at all and im also too cramped for the new dmax/chev because the tilt is far less generous than the previous model. I drove around in a rental ranger 2.2 for 2 weeks earlier this month. the 2.2 has adequate power enough to be a consideration (this comming from someone who usually buys the 3.0 option) main reason im opting for the 3.2 is i want the safety features not yet available on the xlt or 2.2 variants. I think its a little sluggish sometimes darting away from the u turn, also taking a slope needs to be done with care as there is no diff lock and will lose traction and spin out the raised wheel. the comfort is great though need to lower the tire pressure to reduce bouyant ride. The 6spd auto sport mode is decent and provides a much faster acceleration but you will pay for this spirited performance at the pump. accomodations are much more generous and makes the vigo and triton feel dated and the previous class stradas, tigers, etc feel agricultural.

Annoyed about the delays as much as everyone else, but buying anything else other than the mazda if you can stomach the looks in my oppinion would be as foolish as buying a tiger in 2004 because you cant wait for the vigo. Its just a world apart.

Yep you are my height, I cant get my legs under the vigo at all and im also too cramped for the new dmax/chev because the tilt is far less generous than the previous model. I drove around in a rental ranger 2.2 for 2 weeks earlier this month. the 2.2 has adequate power enough to be a consideration (this comming from someone who usually buys the 3.0 option) main reason im opting for the 3.2 is i want the safety features not yet available on the xlt or 2.2 variants. I think its a little sluggish sometimes darting away from the u turn, also taking a slope needs to be done with care as there is no diff lock and will lose traction and spin out the raised wheel. the comfort is great though need to lower the tire pressure to reduce bouyant ride. The 6spd auto sport mode is decent and provides a much faster acceleration but you will pay for this spirited performance at the pump. accomodations are much more generous and makes the vigo and triton feel dated and the previous class stradas, tigers, etc feel agricultural.

Annoyed about the delays as much as everyone else, but buying anything else other than the mazda if you can stomach the looks in my oppinion would be as foolish as buying a tiger in 2004 because you cant wait for the vigo. Its just a world apart.

I am a short guy,(5'6") and so is wife, so the Vigo does us just fine, so now just waiting on refund from Ford as they said will take 2 weeks. After parking Vigo in driveway and having 5-6" clearance, maybe a good thing I didn't get the bigger Ford! Anyways, we are happy with the Vigo, and I guess I wanted a white one anyway, so Its mine!

Ok,

My Ford guy rang us.

We pick up our WIldtrax 2.2 mid April, we are on the first batch of arrivals, some other will get them at the end of April.

I asked him about the 3.2 wildtrax, he said the word is they more than likely will be pushed back to the beginning of next year as there is a fault in some of the wiring and they need to be redone. But he also said he does not really know as he is just going on information they provide him and he also has lost confidence on release dates for the 3.2

He assures me the 2.2 will be available after Songrkan for sure.

Ok,

My Ford guy rang us.

We pick up our WIldtrax 2.2 mid April, we are on the first batch of arrivals, some other will get them at the end of April.

I asked him about the 3.2 wildtrax, he said the word is they more than likely will be pushed back to the beginning of next year as there is a fault in some of the wiring and they need to be redone. But he also said he does not really know as he is just going on information they provide him and he also has lost confidence on release dates for the 3.2

Great news!

I officially ordered on the 13th of October.

Did you order before or after that?

Thanks

Stefan

I decided to go to the car show and have a look at a Wildtrak, Guess I wasted my time as there was no Wildtraks at the show.

I can understand they are having trouble delivering orders but to not have the top of the range model on display is ridicules.

All they needed to do is state an estimation date for delivery.

Dealer called today to confirm our order on the 2.2 white Ranger, we told them we had ordered a 3.2 Orange Chili and they seemed confused when we told them we were in there a week ago and cancelled order and was waiting on refund. They seem to have a hard time even delivering a refund. Will make a trip in person to talk to Mgr about refund and drive in with new Toyota!

Dealer called today to confirm our order on the 2.2 white Ranger, we told them we had ordered a 3.2 Orange Chili and they seemed confused when we told them we were in there a week ago and cancelled order and was waiting on refund. They seem to have a hard time even delivering a refund. Will make a trip in person to talk to Mgr about refund and drive in with new Toyota!

Think you made the right call, The sales rep at the show told me they are not taking orders for 3,2 Wildtreks till after Aug. :(

Ok,

My Ford guy rang us.

Great news!

I officially ordered on the 13th of October.

Did you order before or after that?

Thanks

Stefan

I cant remember what date, but I think it was the first day or second day of the motorshow.... Might have been the second...

You know your dealing with a car dealer...... Quick to sell, refunds are a pain in the ass to get usually