Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

At least one thing to make you smile while you wait is all those "BT50 dolphins" driving around ;-)

Glad to make you happy.

I'd never really thought of the comparison before, until someone mentioned it on the BT50 thread, it's a belter I think! :-)

Mine is a great white shark.

I might have a big Jaws decal made for it.

yes there is a resemblance biggrin.png

Finding%20Nemo%2005.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wifey just scratched the front when she was parking it, hit the wall in the front. Just a very very small scratch.

smh.

F_K me, never ever let your wife drive your truck mate! What's the stats in the west, most accidents happen within 3miles of your house. In TH, I estimate the most accidents happen in the parking lot of your condo building...

Its in the same parking lot where this other Thai guy reversed into the passenger door 4 weeks ago.

So now I got a scratch on the back bumper (someone in the shopping mall hit and run), a dent in the pasenger door (which is being fixed this weekend) and a scratch on the front left corner. I have only had the car 3 and a half months.

Wifey just scratched the front when she was parking it, hit the wall in the front. Just a very very small scratch.

smh.

F_K me, never ever let your wife drive your truck mate! What's the stats in the west, most accidents happen within 3miles of your house. In TH, I estimate the most accidents happen in the parking lot of your condo building...

Its in the same parking lot where this other Thai guy reversed into the passenger door 4 weeks ago.

So now I got a scratch on the back bumper (someone in the shopping mall hit and run), a dent in the pasenger door (which is being fixed this weekend) and a scratch on the front left corner. I have only had the car 3 and a half months.

share your pain with a photo of it Web ;) or make that 3 photos, one for each. then put on here before posting on your facebook timeline. The Life and Death of my New Wildtrak, one bump / scratch / ding at a time.

Thanks for the information guys its just living so far away you hear different stories and yes I have read old treads and it was I who posted about orders not being then till 2013. So I think Ford will lose because I am not waiting another year to hand over my money to maybe to wait till 2014 to get my hands on it. So its now a choice between Mazda or the V-Cross its disappointing as I would have loved the Ford. Thanks again Guys!

I don't understand this, but several people seem to have the same attitude.

If the Wildtrak isn't coming, why not order an XLT? Surely that's closer to what you want than a V-Cross?

Thanks for the information guys its just living so far away you hear different stories and yes I have read old treads and it was I who posted about orders not being then till 2013. So I think Ford will lose because I am not waiting another year to hand over my money to maybe to wait till 2014 to get my hands on it. So its now a choice between Mazda or the V-Cross its disappointing as I would have loved the Ford. Thanks again Guys!

If the Wildtrak isn't coming, why not order an XLT? Surely that's closer to what you want than a V-Cross?

I was told the XLT (Auto 4x4) has the same delay issues as the Wildtrak.

I'm just saying I've seen plenty of XLTs out on the road and quotes of 2-3 month waits. The long waits are for specific models.

If someone needs a 4x4 and 4x4s are out, then I understand the switch to a V-Cross, but if they don't actually need a 4x4 (and most don't, just people who live in mud huts on the side of mountains and people who regularly go off road) I don't understand why they would.

I was told the XLT (Auto 4x4) has the same delay issues as the Wildtrak.

There is no XLT 4x4 AUTO in the Thai market as yet, only a manual.

New Topics: Chips & Wheels

I was reading another thread where a guy installed a race chip in his Mu7. Are these available in Thailand for the new Ranger?

Looking the racechip.de website, there are 3 chips available for the 2.2TDCi plant and depending on how much more oomph you want (or how much the wife gives me), they cost the equivalent of B4950, B8770 and the eye-watering B18,350. Has anyone chipped their new Ranger yet or have plans to?

What’s the biggest tire that can safely be fitted to the rims as fitted to the XLT (not Wildtrak). I still have the factory treads but wondering what can be fitted that won’t rub on the underpinnings, needs a suspension hike or need mudguards trimmed, etc.. I do 90% highway but do thrash about on the farm for the remainder so not needing anything ‘agricultural’ or off-road, just something that looks suitably macho…. and isn’t excessively noisy on regular pavement.

Thanks,

NL

Somehow missed this,

Don't install a chip on the Ranger or the BT50 at the moment, it isn't worth the increase!

The chips you're referring to are just fuel rail chips and can only give you at best a 5% increase.

They work on increasing the pressure of the fuel rail, and Ford have put in a release valve to over come these.

At the moment there isn't any good results from chips (although, there's a few big companies trying new ideas now)

They way it's looking is that an ECU chip (very expensive) or re-map is the only way to go on the new Ranger/BT50.

It's the ECU software that seems to be slowing them down, but I'm sure it won't be long.

Early reports say, 40% is easy from the 2.2 on a re-map, but still in test phase.

That would be close to 200BHP from the 2.2 which sounds great :-)

Superchip in Melbourne seem to be the first to start the re-maps, but still not dynos yet.

Until I see some dyno sheets, I won't be dropping 35K and sending my ECU away :-)

Thanks for that info. I will keep tabs on this. I reckon once they sort it all out, I could send the ECU away while I am offshore.

I'm just saying I've seen plenty of XLTs out on the road and quotes of 2-3 month waits. The long waits are for specific models.

If someone needs a 4x4 and 4x4s are out, then I understand the switch to a V-Cross, but if they don't actually need a 4x4 (and most don't, just people who live in mud huts on the side of mountains and people who regularly go off road) I don't understand why they would.

The mud hut part made me smile! Its we have a Durian farm down south hence the 4x4 and the reason for a Wildtrak well when you work hard its nice to have what you want. But hey the V-Cross is not too bad but I am not willing to wait after next April for the Ford so it looks like the Isuzu for me :)

New Topics: Chips & Wheels

I was reading another thread where a guy installed a race chip in his Mu7. Are these available in Thailand for the new Ranger?

Looking the racechip.de website, there are 3 chips available for the 2.2TDCi plant and depending on how much more oomph you want (or how much the wife gives me), they cost the equivalent of B4950, B8770 and the eye-watering B18,350. Has anyone chipped their new Ranger yet or have plans to?

What’s the biggest tire that can safely be fitted to the rims as fitted to the XLT (not Wildtrak). I still have the factory treads but wondering what can be fitted that won’t rub on the underpinnings, needs a suspension hike or need mudguards trimmed, etc.. I do 90% highway but do thrash about on the farm for the remainder so not needing anything ‘agricultural’ or off-road, just something that looks suitably macho…. and isn’t excessively noisy on regular pavement.

Thanks,

NL

Somehow missed this,

Don't install a chip on the Ranger or the BT50 at the moment, it isn't worth the increase!

The chips you're referring to are just fuel rail chips and can only give you at best a 5% increase.

They work on increasing the pressure of the fuel rail, and Ford have put in a release valve to over come these.

At the moment there isn't any good results from chips (although, there's a few big companies trying new ideas now)

They way it's looking is that an ECU chip (very expensive) or re-map is the only way to go on the new Ranger/BT50.

It's the ECU software that seems to be slowing them down, but I'm sure it won't be long.

Early reports say, 40% is easy from the 2.2 on a re-map, but still in test phase.

That would be close to 200BHP from the 2.2 which sounds great :-)

Superchip in Melbourne seem to be the first to start the re-maps, but still not dynos yet.

Until I see some dyno sheets, I won't be dropping 35K and sending my ECU away :-)

So the racechip won't produce the 20+ % increase in HP and TQ as claimed? I think the Australian company was having trouble with it as they are seriosuly messing with the ECU to get it to produce more power, but the racechip is simple plug and play. Would be interesting to hear from anyone who installs the racechip.

And what about Thai companies? Have they done anything for the ranger yet? Like Ecushop?

Ordered my xlt double cab auto on 28th June. Ford dealership promised to deliver within one month. One month has come and gone and no sight of vehicle. Reading this forum, not surprised that vehicle did not arrive on time. Leading up to the deliver due date, phoned them and visited once a week so they would not forget me. Even 4 days before due deliver they said vehicle would be received in time. Spoke with salespersons and ford dealership Manager yesterday and they said that the Ford plant has reduced production of vehicles this week ( don't believe them, as the problem with supply has been going on for months) they said they now do not no when vehicle will be delivered ( probably the first honest answer they have given me).

Any advice from anyone on how far I should push this? ie I don't want to upset them to the point that they push my order down the waitlist, but also don't want to stay silent so they forget me.

Ordered my xlt double cab auto on 28th June. Ford dealership promised to deliver within one month. One month has come and gone and no sight of vehicle. Reading this forum, not surprised that vehicle did not arrive on time. Leading up to the deliver due date, phoned them and visited once a week so they would not forget me. Even 4 days before due deliver they said vehicle would be received in time. Spoke with salespersons and ford dealership Manager yesterday and they said that the Ford plant has reduced production of vehicles this week ( don't believe them, as the problem with supply has been going on for months) they said they now do not no when vehicle will be delivered ( probably the first honest answer they have given me).

Any advice from anyone on how far I should push this? ie I don't want to upset them to the point that they push my order down the waitlist, but also don't want to stay silent so they forget me.

Besides bribing them, not much to do except be a bit more patient. If it's any consolation, some WT orderers have been waiting over a year for their's.

Finally got the detailing done that I ordered.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Too much?thumbsup.gif

dsc05359m.jpg By stefan2519 at 2012-08-05[/img]

dsc05358n.jpg By stefan2519 at 2012-08-05[/img]

dsc05357k.jpg By stefan2519 at 2012-08-05[/img]

dsc05356c.jpg By stefan2519 at 2012-08-05[/img]

dsc05355qm.jpg By stefan2519 at 2012-08-05[/img]

close tags in the wrong place, should be after jpg.

I clicked the links. Very nice truck ... needs a cover tho to finish that clean look, I'd also have the headlight mountings/surround painted black as i'm loving those front indicators.

With such a butch squared off look should Ford have gone with round fog lights?!? I'd like to see that shot from a lower angle so getting a head on look...

Edited by 2unique

The black Wildtrak looks nice, but I'm not too much into racing markings... Other than that, congrats on your new Ranger!

Yea congrats (he says enviously) on the new Truck. To each their own when it comes to customizing I say. I prefer the racing stripe only on the Ford GT. I noticed even some eco models around town with the Blue Racing Stripe.