Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

So #2 in NZ!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/7653891/Utes-top-NZ-new-vehicle-sales

Notice how small the kiwi market is?

They all buy second hand cr@p from Japan/Singapore.

No mention of Mazda!

6 weeks and still waiting for my refund from Ford, next visit I park the Mazda smack bang in the middle of the entrance and wait for the cash.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I collected my WT 2.2 4x4 from Ford in BKK yesterday and drove back to Pattaya. I was a tad nervous navigating my way out of traffic and seemingly developed a healthy form of tourettes whenever a motorbike or car got too close (it would be great if the voice recognition woman had repeated some of the phrases I was using) biggrin.png

I am really suprised at how easy and comfortable it is to drive (my very short test drive was over 9 months ago!). The ride height is great and alot different to what I have been used to. I got to use my auto lights and wipers on way home on account it was chucking it down and skies were black., After getting home I sat in it for a few hours parked outside my house (on a Saturday night! I must be getting old!) trying to use the Bluetooth stuff, which my 11 year old kindly figured out for me.

I had 4 zone reverse parking sensors fitted at Ford, but I will also go get a reversing camera fitted in the next few days, for the wife of course *cough*. I have seen loads of examples on the web, but if anyone has had one fitted in the Pattaya area I would really appreciate any pointers.

Only downside is that the truck doesn't fit on my driveway, Now the missus wants a bigger house rolleyes.gif Overall though, I am very pleased I waited. Cheers!

I collected my WT 2.2 4x4 from Ford in BKK yesterday and drove back to Pattaya. I was a tad nervous navigating my way out of traffic and seemingly developed a healthy form of tourettes whenever a motorbike or car got too close (it would be great if the voice recognition woman had repeated some of the phrases I was using) biggrin.png

I am really suprised at how easy and comfortable it is to drive (my very short test drive was over 9 months ago!). The ride height is great and alot different to what I have been used to. I got to use my auto lights and wipers on way home on account it was chucking it down and skies were black., After getting home I sat in it for a few hours parked outside my house (on a Saturday night! I must be getting old!) trying to use the Bluetooth stuff, which my 11 year old kindly figured out for me.

I had 4 zone reverse parking sensors fitted at Ford, but I will also go get a reversing camera fitted in the next few days, for the wife of course *cough*. I have seen loads of examples on the web, but if anyone has had one fitted in the Pattaya area I would really appreciate any pointers.

Only downside is that the truck doesn't fit on my driveway, Now the missus wants a bigger house rolleyes.gif Overall though, I am very pleased I waited. Cheers!

you may want to read Webs experiences before letting your wife drive it mate.

May I ask when you ordered the WT? I ordered a 4x2 WT in June and was told a Feb delivery. Does that sound about right?

Really interested in seeing which reverse camera you go with as I am think I would want that as well.

@BkkJames - duly noted, cheers pal! :)

@CDNinKS - I ordered mine originally at the BKK Motor Expo in December 2011, although when I ordered I specified WT 4x2 and White Color. A few months ago I had received the official letter (and an extra small t-shirt) from Ford telling me I had to wait until December 2012 for it. Then out of the blue last week I had a phone call from my Ford Dealer who said that with a bit of trickery and magic he could get the 4x4 version quicker and asked me if I wanted to change, so I went for it. So in the grand scheme of things Feb doesn't sound outrageous - even though it probably seems ages away for you right now! No probs, I'll let you know about the camera when I've had it installed.

Ordered my XLT Hi-rider 2.2 4 doors on Saturday. Sales guy said that If I chose black, silver, white or grey I could be delivered in 2 months. Since I like sparkling gold he said I have to wait for 4 months.

Initial plan was to order a 2 door 2.2 WT but they don't take WT orders anymore till next year and then you still had to wait between 5-7 months according to the sales guy. This statement was backed up by the Ford HQ Manufacturer in BKK.

Pretty happy that I ordered the 4 doors as it turns out that tax for a 2 door is 3k and a 4 door is appr. 6k. Also not a big difference with insurance. Don't mind paying 3k more a year :).

Extra's they gave me:

1000 baht fuel

floor mats

tinted windows (might go for 35%, think 25% is to dark)

1 yr free insurance (standard free bee)

cab load liner (that's pretty much a standard free bee I believe)

9000 baht discount on car price

Protection spray against sand / rain / dirt (don't know name of it)

Did ask for a free carry boy :-) but the sales guy looked rather confused when I asked him.

Can't wait to get the car. Now performing a 'stop the rain in BKK' dance on a daily base hoping it will help against a potential flood threat.

@BkkJames - duly noted, cheers pal! smile.png

@CDNinKS - I ordered mine originally at the BKK Motor Expo in December 2011, although when I ordered I specified WT 4x2 and White Color. A few months ago I had received the official letter (and an extra small t-shirt) from Ford telling me I had to wait until December 2012 for it. Then out of the blue last week I had a phone call from my Ford Dealer who said that with a bit of trickery and magic he could get the 4x4 version quicker and asked me if I wanted to change, so I went for it. So in the grand scheme of things Feb doesn't sound outrageous - even though it probably seems ages away for you right now! No probs, I'll let you know about the camera when I've had it installed.

Thanks for that, so I guess a 8 or 9 month wait is pretty normal then. Oh well I'm not in any rush as I still have my Navara and will just list it for sale in Nov.

Waiting to see what option you go with on the camera.

Cheers

OK... 3 weeks of driving the New Ranger and we've put the first 1K km on it...it's all good compering to...well,not much to compare it to,but considering how big it is and 2.2L is fairly small engine,so can't really expect some stunning racing results,right?!

The first week it was mostly getting use to it,since the other car before was a sedan...Ranger is BIG!...but it's really easy...in the strait line,no problems...turning radius of 5.9m,so no problem with U-turns ether(1 small glitch here it the big blind spot when turning to the right created by the post + the dark plastic of the side window rain screen)...

Now,the Ranger has 2 "fuel consumption" displays,one for the average,and one for the instant...they are in L/100km.After not touching the "average"display for 2 weeks,I was really glad to see 8.7 L/100km (11.5 km/L)...that's really good for such a big truck and mostly city driving!...of course,that actually happened after leaving the other display on showing the "instant" fuel consumption...that really has thought me how to keep my foot light on the gas pedal...it really makes a difference smile.png....

post-60959-0-84179100-1347886360_thumb.j

On the subject of fuel consumption I dunno if this would be of interest or not to anyone here, but you might want to check out http://www.fuelly.com/ It's a website that helps you track your fuel usage etc. There's a few people already using it with Ford Rangers in Thailand - might be a good way to compare what averages everyone is getting. It's worldwide and features loads of different makes/models of vehicles - so if anything it may be a good resource for those looking to buy.

post-30245-0-45333700-1347985415_thumb.j

On the subject of fuel consumption I dunno if this would be of interest or not to anyone here, but you might want to check out http://www.fuelly.com/ It's a website that helps you track your fuel usage etc. There's a few people already using it with Ford Rangers in Thailand - might be a good way to compare what averages everyone is getting. It's worldwide and features loads of different makes/models of vehicles - so if anything it may be a good resource for those looking to buy.

thats pretty cool, this guy from thailand 2.2 auto http://www.fuelly.com/driver/444poon/ranger is avg 21 mpg mostly city driving while this guy MT mostly highway is avg 34 mpg http://www.fuelly.com/driver/jamezis/ranger while this guy http://www.fuelly.com/driver/pommm/ranger MT 50/50 city highway is avg a stellar 30 mpg

would be interesting to see what the 3.2 guys are getting. over to you woodsie... :)

My 3.2 4x4 average is 8.7/100km for mixed driving, 9.8/100km city only but on a highway only trip last weekend with cruise control I got 7.9/100km. It was interesting to see when I refilled my fuel tank at the end of the trip it said I had 989km until empty. But this quickly dropped down when driving just in the city again with a lot of starts and stops in traffic.

thats pretty cool, this guy from thailand 2.2 auto http://www.fuelly.co.../444poon/ranger is avg 21 mpg mostly city driving while this guy MT mostly highway is avg 34 mpg http://www.fuelly.co.../jamezis/ranger while this guy http://www.fuelly.co...er/pommm/ranger MT 50/50 city highway is avg a stellar 30 mpg

would be interesting to see what the 3.2 guys are getting. over to you woodsie... smile.png

Just hooked up to this site. I only have one 3.2 now James, but do have an accurate record of the fuel fills for the first 1,700kms. I'll post when back in BKK and refuel again.

thats pretty cool, this guy from thailand 2.2 auto http://www.fuelly.co.../444poon/ranger is avg 21 mpg mostly city driving while this guy MT mostly highway is avg 34 mpg http://www.fuelly.co.../jamezis/ranger while this guy http://www.fuelly.co...er/pommm/ranger MT 50/50 city highway is avg a stellar 30 mpg

would be interesting to see what the 3.2 guys are getting. over to you woodsie... smile.png

Just hooked up to this site. I only have one 3.2 now James, but do have an accurate record of the fuel fills for the first 1,700kms. I'll post when back in BKK and refuel again.

what did you do with the other one>!?!??!?

what did you do with the other one>!?!??!?

Sold it.

Just taken a look under my less than 3 weeks old Ranger. Rust on nuts & bolts. <deleted>!! Location, Chiang Mai, well away from the ocean. 11 yr old Strada - no rust.....

check out the Mazda Bt50 thread for more on this rust issue...

Yeah, I read that earlier, but thought it time to transfer the rust to the Ranger thread.

Just taken a look under my less than 3 weeks old Ranger. Rust on nuts & bolts. <deleted>!! Location, Chiang Mai, well away from the ocean. 11 yr old Strada - no rust.....

Yeah, I read that earlier, but thought it time to transfer the rust to the Ranger thread.

Is there no rust proofing from the factory?...sounds strange! I've always had a coating reapplied on my car every 6 months so never had a problem with that.

Is there no rust proofing from the factory?...sounds strange! I've always had a coating reapplied on my car every 6 months so never had a problem with that.

Quality nuts, bolts & washers shouldn't rust. My 11 year old truck is rust free. Hell, even the nuts & bolts on my lawn mower are rust free after 9 years......

Quality nuts, bolts & washers shouldn't rust. My 11 year old truck is rust free. Hell, even the nuts & bolts on my lawn mower are rust free after 9 years......

I'm with you on this one...my guess is,that sooner,or later(perhaps) we will find out,if it is a real problem or not...from forums,or from "the Boss" himself...

I'm with you on this one...my guess is,that sooner,or later(perhaps) we will find out,if it is a real problem or not...from forums,or from "the Boss" himself...

I take it that yours is OK, so far. Must have been from the same "batch".

I take it that yours is OK, so far. Must have been from the same "batch".

...sure ,I've noticed some of that after the first big rain and I hope the answer will come soon...but I don't think I'm gonna wait till my first 15K km service to find out smile.png (not very concern at this moment thou)

Mine was built in early April, and mine has rusted bolts.

I would add not all though, kinda strange as they're mostly the bottom of the engine (I thought these were imported) and the suspension struts.

It's also strange that one bolt head is rusty while the one right next to it is fine.

I suspect it must have been a dodgy batch of a certain size (that batch might have been a million bolts mind you).

When mine hits the 15,000 mark I'll be bringing it up in a few more months.