At Least 4 Dead, 100 Missing In Krabi Mudslide

george

Add to this all when the ferrys run, trucks with supplies come over again, we get stocked back up. It's not like this will be 3 weeks without food or electricity.

If people just said, 'ok I can sit and watch the big waves and have another drink', they would have been more relaxed I suspect. If the reason for leaving is not wanting to pay for extra nights, in a resort, that is OK if you don't have the cash. But cheaper resorts are a short walk away and flights can always be rebooked. And paniked exits don't make that much sense.

Yes it isn't a dream vacation, but it is still a beautiful place with mostly all places undamaged or minimally, just damp and darkened a bit. I read two books by candle light and cuddled with the Mrs a lot more.

Edited by animatic

Last 12 months strangest weather I can ever remember - more flooding in more counties - bit like planet is peed off -very sorry for folks in trouble

The Mayan calender predicts that the world will end by 2012 so enjoy what we have left :blink:

i agree with reason, in fact i've had bollokings recently on facebook for sugesting that the shit people are facing maybe is karma because man is acting like a parasite on earth rather than in harmony with it. i do realise that even if you live in harmony, floods tsunamis earthquakes still affect us but we are probably just a bit more mai pen rai, maybe.

but pingman, the mayan calender only ends its cycle in 2012 as its finite and not perpetual, just like a clock hitting midnight, its not the end just another cycle. it is also only a calender, it does not predict anything, let alone doomsday, it is supposed to be a bit like astrology though, good and bad days etc. besides if the shit hits, the world will not end, only most larger life forms, mai pen rai ??:blink:

deepest sympathys to all those affected though, lets hope for a bit more harmony for all

hit-the-fan.gifviolin.gif

Sad to see this when I knew it was going to happen. I did not know where but, judging the weather of La Nina effect on the rest of the world (wet-wet-wet-rain and more rain) it was easy to figure out.

I think the worst part of this is that the rains are not done yet, and in fact they really haven't started in full force. I guess we can only hope.

Candles and prayers for those lost and stranded