Lost Motorbike Key

i've been in the same boat a few times, never had to replace the lock set though, they've always just recreated a new key. the places i've used however are all around the laem din market area and it's under water now so you'll have to look elsewhere. i'm pretty sure any key maker will be able to make one for you. tell them its a yamaha *insert bike name here* and they have a standard key by which they will recreate your new one. it won't have the security lock tab from the factory though, that you'll have to get from...the factory.

If your scooter came with two locks(the second one typically for the seat) and the ignition key works for both, you can try to get the second lock cylinder out and take it to a lock smith, which will then be able to make a key for you.

I am not familiar with the Yamaha's but on Piaggo, Vespa and Gilera scooters the second lock is mostly installed in the seat itself, only being held in place by a clip on the back side.

The latch is spring loaded and can be accessed with a screw driver or a piece of wire after muscling a bit with the seat( I have worked as an motorcycle mechanic off and on for some ten years all together).

J.