Old Spice

gennisis

Does anyone know if these are available in Chiang Mai.

Being the recent owner of a Gillette Fusion razor I fancied doing a proper job with these extras......yes I know...shows my age......but at least its not Brut !!!

try.... Hai Karate....or the Indian after shave....Man in a Boat.....

it has Leonardo de Caprio's photo on the box but something got lost in translation it should have been "Titanic Aftershave"

or better still get with the programme ....and buy Lacoste.....

re ... Does anyone know if these are available in Chiang Mai.

ive looked for old spice and brutt aftershave here and never seen either in five years

im going to england next week so il buy a few bottles and post it to myself to avoid heathrows liquids laws on planes ; (

dave2

ps ... theres quite a nice immitation of something that smells like brutt for 250 baht on a stall just to left of this door in pantip plaza

post-42592-0-83306200-1301575560_thumb.j

i've been using Old Spice deodorant for 15 years and always get a "mmmm..you smell good" from the girlfriends. That's why it's been around forever. I get it sent from the States.

Asian girls have an amazing ability to tell you, what they think, you want to hear ! I thought,in my ignorance, that you would only ever find old spice bottles in museums but there you go. Amazing that some entrepreneurial Thai hasn't produced a copy :rolleyes:

i've been using Old Spice deodorant for 15 years and always get a "mmmm..you smell good" from the girlfriends. That's why it's been around forever. I get it sent from the States.

I have been searching on the internet...it seems that Shulton who originaly made Old Spice were taken over by Proctor & Gamble.They have now discontinued production of the original scent and replaced it by other perfumes.....but....the original is still available and made in India.

Found a website offering it for sale with free postage to Thailand....so have risked an order.

It surprised me that there was so much info on Old Spice especialy the original scent.....so I am not alone !!

I have been looking for some electric shave. Doesn't seem to be a item here in Thailand.

It sure makes the electric razor shave nicer.:)

Boots pharmacy has "Gatsby," a Japanese pre-shave product that has a powder in with the liquid; you have to shake it before using. That's the only electric pre-shave I have found. I will certainly stock up on other brands when I return to the States. See here.

I have been looking for some electric shave. Doesn't seem to be a item here in Thailand.

It sure makes the electric razor shave nicer.:)

I have for many years scoured Thailand for electric pre shave and would you believe it I finally found it in Boots Central Gas Zen Gou [spelling?] Called Gatsby in a pale blue coloured bottle. Has a ball in the bottle and you are supposed to shake it before use, good stuff. My last bottle of Wilkinson's [brought back from the US] I foolishly took to Bangkok on Air Asia, on the return leg to C/Mai some rat fink decided it must be high explosive and confiscated it, just the way his mother confiscated his brain the day he was born.

Edited by paulchiangmai

Many years ago, when I wore Old Spice at the Thai university, women wear constantly coming up to me with the same comments. I only stopped wearing it because I ran out.. :)

re ... Does anyone know if these are available in Chiang Mai.

ive looked for old spice and brutt aftershave here and never seen either in five years

im going to england next week so il buy a few bottles and post it to myself to avoid heathrows liquids laws on planes ; (

dave2

ps ... theres quite a nice immitation of something that smells like brutt for 250 baht on a stall just to left of this door in pantip plaza

dave, while you're there why not pick yourself up a few bottles of Hai Karate too? Then you will have the whole 1960's era assortment of manly fragrances. :lol:

Many years ago, when I wore Old Spice at the Thai university, women wear constantly coming up to me with the same comments. I only stopped wearing it because I ran out.. :)

Just goes to prove that Thai ladies have exquisite tastes . Expect there now to be a surge in Old Spice sales !

dave2

dave, while you're there why not pick yourself up a few bottles of Hai Karate too? Then you will have the whole 1960's era assortment of manly fragrances. :lol:

It does surprise me that so many have fond recolections of the 50/60's aftershaves. I must admit that it was Old Spice for me in the middle 50's and then...to keep up with things...Brut,which I guess was more popular. I remember going to the Saturday night dancehall and as soon as you opened the door you were engulfed with "the great smell of Brut".......Henry Cooper has a lot to be blamed for !!

After Brut,I think came 'Blue Stratos"

For me,then came 'Aramis".. .'Cool Water' ..'.Krouros'.

I see that almost all of these are still available after 50 years !!!

Old Spice sales are doing quite well because, even though they have been around a while, it's still a good product.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Go ahead and go pay 2,000-3,000 baht for some high profile brand if you want, but I'd put up my Old Spice smell against that one any day (and still have a lot of money in my pocket).