NATO takes command of air operations in Libya

News_Editor

NATO takes command of air operations in Libya

2011-03-31 16:58:47 GMT+7 (ICT)

BRUSSELS (BNO NEWS) -- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) on Thursday morning took sole command of international air operations over Libya, the alliance said.

The NATO operation will implement United Nations Security Council Resolution 1973, which imposes a no-fly zone over Libya and calls for "all necessary measures" to be taken in order to protect Libyan civilians from government-led attacks.

"The Alliance has the assets in place to conduct its tasks under Operation Unified Protector - the arms embargo, no-fly zone and actions to protect civilians and civilian centres," a NATO statement said. "In line with the mandate of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1973, NATO's focus is on protecting civilians and civilian-populated areas against the threat of attack."

Coalition forces have been carrying out flights over Libya as well as airstrikes since March 19, two days after Resolution 1973 was adopted in the UN Security Council.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-03-31

. "In line with the mandate of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1973, NATO's focus is on protecting civilians and civilian-populated areas against the threat of attack."

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/03/30/48213883.html

" This is exactly what is provided for by the Security Council’s resolution - and nothing more. We also hear that there is no talk about the coalition taking someone’s side in the continuing civil war in Libya. Nevertheless,........"

So NATO will provide air cover for CIA and MI6 et conc while they arm and fight with the terrorist in order to install the new puppet elected by US and selected members of NATO.

A puppet regime that can and will sell and export oil is already in place, how surprising.

Tiger

Silly me thinking that a no fly zone over Libya meant no one was allowed to overfly the country.

Turns out all it means it that Libya isnt allowed to defend itsself against outside countries who have decided they should attack the Libyan Govt by means of air strikes.

Libya and Gadaffi certainly arent perfect but there was a post here previously that detailed the achievements of the country in becoming the best educated, paid and various etc, in the region, not going to look it up someone else can if they are keen.

What we basicialy have is a group of armed rebels trying to overthrow a Govt that hasnt been doing too bad for the country and now we have an international effort to assist the rebels.

For why?

For whatever they can get out of it of course like OIL.

The good old US has already "Frozen" (read stolen) Gadaffi's funds he had in the US, as they did with Iran's funds in the distant past and of course Sadam's when he ceased to be a friend.

Now we have the international heros throwing bombs and missiles in order to save lives.

Answer me this; if it were your country being bombed to save your life who would you consider to be the international terrorists?

Sure I'm Bais and I think with good reason.

I read on another news source that the US marines are being moved to Greece so it looks like the Gadaffi govt is getting the better of the rebels so soon ground forces will be needed to make sure the rebels win.