Pcx Mod Thread

SumetCycle

Yesterday i was going around 95 and another PCX came past me and it was fast not just 110 but a lot faster black PCX modified like hell, could not catch him to ask what the <deleted>.k he did to his bike :o i want the same :)

At the recent motor show that I attended with Sumet / Honda club......lots of heavily modded PCX's on show.

One of those had 150cc engine implanted. :D

Edited by Phatcharanan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

I got a modified variator fitted, also have a non stock air filter and a copy Over exhaust system, i did some acceleration test before and after, from point A to B going a bit uphill before it took 25 second after it took 20 second, another uphill test, quite a bit uphill before my end speed was between 38-40 now it’s just over 50km/h so it did help a lot, it also look like the modified variator need some break in, i don’t care about top speed i just want acceleration all the way, when i hit around 80 it’s like the bike dies, getting slow, so what to do next :)

Fuel economy= who cares

post-27591-0-69407000-1308969610_thumb.j

post-27591-0-97275900-1308969579_thumb.j

post-27591-0-91332700-1308969595_thumb.j

Tell me, is the headlight an improvement on a wave or is it still completely inadequate? I'm looking at buying the PCX but worry that I still can't see ahead if doing more than about 40 on the way back through the hills in northern Thailand.

On my PCX the lighting seem OK for the speeds I drive 90 - 100 kph

The bulbs are a simple up grade if you want something with a little more power but I have never felt the need for it

i think the best speed mod you could do to a pcx is to sell it and buy a cbr 250..............

I have both and they both have there place, but I agree, why spend so much to modify a PCX to end up with something that cost the same or more than a bigger bike and gets poor fuel economy ?

i think the best speed mod you could do to a pcx is to sell it and buy a cbr 250..............

I have both and they both have there place, but I agree, why spend so much to modify a PCX to end up with something that cost the same or more than a bigger bike and gets poor fuel economy ?

Guys this is for fun, i dont care about 250cc or how much money it cost, fun fun fun this is my shopping bike, what else should i use my money on??? i got 4 bikes so a little for every kind of rides

Guys this is for fun, i dont care about 250cc or how much money it cost, fun fun fun this is my shopping bike, what else should i use my money on??? i got 4 bikes so a little for every kind of rides

a souped up PCX or Fino is FUN.

I fail to see the same fun in a stock cbr250 thumper dressed like a sportsbike but perfoming worse than a scoot

why spend so much to modify a PCX to end up with something that cost the same or more than a bigger bike and gets poor fuel economy ?

Because you're missing the point entirely. The money spent on my PCX is now over what an ABS 250 costs. If I wanted a 250 I would buy one. This is about fun, as other posters have said.

Besides, I went to Udon on my PCX, nice and comfy ride all the way there with all my gear under the seat.

Would I travel to Udon on a 250? Nahhhhhhhh! Besides, I don't like rucksacks. :)

Hi Guys

I got a modified variator fitted, also have a non stock air filter and a copy Over exhaust system, i did some acceleration test before and after, from point A to B going a bit uphill before it took 25 second after it took 20 second, another uphill test, quite a bit uphill before my end speed was between 38-40 now it's just over 50km/h so it did help a lot, it also look like the modified variator need some break in, i don't care about top speed i just want acceleration all the way, when i hit around 80 it's like the bike dies, getting slow, so what to do next :)

Fuel economy= who cares

post-27591-0-69407000-1308969610_thumb.j

HD,

Shame I can't see the pictures?

As the bike dies at 80, maybe the weights in the variator are too light and don't allow the belt to reach the outside of the pulley. You would have to remove the cover to check. Draw a line on the pulley with a board marker or felt tip marker from the narrowest part to the outside. Go for a ride and then inspect the the line. If it is completely gone then at least the outside of the belt is reaching the outside of the pulley. Some variators allow the belt to extend slightly more but there is a risk of rubbing on the casing.

A Japanese guys dropped by to buy a J Costa variator on Saturday he said in Japan they are using 8 gm weights not the stock 11. I was amazed. This has not been done in Thailand yet and I also don't know what other mods the Japanese do in conjunction with this. My Japanese is non existent so I will have to rely on Googe !

I'm considering a PCX, but I'm put off by a number of things about that bike.

First, it could use more speed.

I've heard the engine can be modded for greater speed.

Is that true? How much does that cost?

Second, I like the hook for grocery bags on my Nouvo.

Can one or more hooks be fitted on the PCX? (ideally two large hooks)

Third, what are the options for securing stuff on the passenger pillow, like a computer case, suitcase or cardboard boxes? The Nouvo has rails/places where I can strap rope or extenders under. What to do on the PCX?

Third, what are the options for securing stuff on the passenger pillow, like a computer case, suitcase or cardboard boxes? The Nouvo has rails/places where I can strap rope or extenders under. What to do on the PCX?

Easy fit NOS and get a trailer!:whistling:

Latest pics of my honey. ;)

Next week new Projector lights are being fitted at Sumet Cycle. New mags almost certainly the week after. Seen some really nice red and black and all chrome ones. Ooooo decisions decisions. :)

post-75602-0-59242400-1309258998_thumb.j

post-75602-0-34563500-1309259032_thumb.j

post-75602-0-84490700-1309259073_thumb.j

post-75602-0-26459200-1309259093_thumb.j

post-75602-0-19946100-1309259143_thumb.j

post-75602-0-60761200-1309259169_thumb.j

post-75602-0-85025100-1309259220_thumb.j

post-75602-0-63337800-1309259232_thumb.j

post-75602-0-02985300-1309259264_thumb.j

post-75602-0-73753400-1309259370_thumb.j

Edited by Phatcharanan

Easy fit NOS and get a trailer!:whistling:

post-81971-0-74360000-1309261299_thumb.j

You can purchase a J-Costa variator which will increase top speed and acceleration. Cost approx-6-7,000 baht. 30 minutes to fit.

You can order a 150 cc upgrade along with a re-mapped ECU for approx 19,000 baht. This is from Japan.

There are hooks that you can buy that fasten to the PCX handle-bars. THey come in many colours. Oooooooooooooooooo! :)

My bike has a rear cushion with 'grab-bars'. I have had no problem fastening down big bags etc. I traveled to Udon from BKK on mine with a bit of kit.

There are solid side panniers that you can also purchase. They can be painted many colours. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :)

post-27591-0-03398200-1309266024_thumb.p

put it where you want,,, on the handlebars

post-27591-0-03398200-1309266024_thumb.p

put it where you want,,, on the handlebars

A bit overkill wouldn't you say?

Another thought about the power problem:

wouldn't proper gasoline instead of gasohol solve the problem?

can the bikes run on 91 and 95 unleaded gasoline instead of gasohol?

did anyone compare the mileage and cost between 91 gasoline and 91, 95 gasohol?

Another thought about the power problem:

wouldn't proper gasoline instead of gasohol solve the problem?

can the bikes run on 91 and 95 unleaded gasoline instead of gasohol?

did anyone compare the mileage and cost between 91 gasoline and 91, 95 gasohol?

measured and compared on big bikes and cars. no more power from petrol/gasoline than E10 gasohol. no decrease in milage

E20 gasohol a slight decrease in milage can be measured, IOW slight decrease in power

if engine has adaptive injection and/or knock sensor, it is a power advantage to run 95

This can happen when you modify your head light to halogen,,, dont do it a new headlight cost 2200 B

post-27591-0-71675400-1309777801_thumb.j

post-27591-0-63434600-1309777788_thumb.j

Yeah, I was advised against Halogen for that reason.........hence why I am having Projector lighting fitted this Saturday. (HID Xenon with ballast) I'll post pics when it's done.

Edited by Phatcharanan

Are they sold here in Thailand?

My GF needs a red metalic PCX with black seat/trim. Been quoted 67k baht in Nong Kai, 1200 baht to ship to Phuket. Seems low to me. Is it out in the low spec no remote model yet? Or have prices dropped this much?