The Most Shocking Thing You Saw Recently

Soph

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday, on the way to a friends apartment, we had to walk past the building site, well, I was blown away - they were working so hard - in a chain formation, throwing buckets of cement along the line, and the foreman was shouting orders - it was the first time ive ever seen this kind of hard work in Thailand - a change from the usual sight of the blokes sat smoking and the women doing the work, it was very impressive. BUT the funnies thing was that 2 of the blokes doing this were just wearing their underpants!!! It made me laugh so much I had to run away. Managed to take sneak a photo out of my friends window - when I get it I will post - it was the funniest thing ive seen in a long time :o

In the Thong Sala market, Koh Pha Ngan, there was a stand selling herbal remedies. The common theme with all these remedies was that they were all (supposedly) good for reducing hemorrhoids. But what they really didn't have to include on this stall was a 10 foot high board covered with extremely graphic, close up pictures of what fate could be in store for you if you didn't use these herbs! Worse pics than you'd see on the most graphic rotten.com style web site... And these were right there, in full view of everyone. Shocking, for sure...