Briton Critical After Gun Attack

george

Samui is a shitehole full of farang scum.

I stayed in Chaweng once, only to find some Aussie Yob - probably hepped up on goofballs, fornicating some skanky Thai ho on my balcony. He refused to leave - until the resort alsatian chased him off.

I'd drop napalm on the entire place. Its a cess pit.

Makes me laugh when certain nitwits talk about Samui being a putative 'millionaires playground' for expensive villas.

ps Also bored with members here who feign knowledge of the assassination business. So many do this......'well I have a dodgy Thai friend who knows someone' schtick. You'd run a mile if a poodle widdled on your doormat and barked at you.

Wanna buy a villa on Samui?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and it isn't an Internet cafe

and if it is an internet cafe ??

Then the ISP can identify the IP but not the person who posted. If it was a busy cafe in Pattaya frequented by a lot of farang tourists, for instance, there wouldn't be much chance of catching the poster. No need to be a geek to figure this out.

Anyone with a little know how can sit at home and post what he likes without worrying about the men in brown knocking at the door.

Well, I know that, and you know that, but the point is the average poster doesn't. Someone who's all fired up about the death of an aquaintance isn't necessarily going to learn how to use an anonymous proxy before logging on and naming names in a fit of righteous anger.

:o How very sad. I do not know this man or his Thai girlfriend, but for anyone to be shot in such a cowardly fashion in the supposed security of your own home is terrible. Unfortunately it happens all over the world. I do hope they both recover and have the strength of mind to not allow cowards, like the people who did this, to destory the life they have built in Thailand. Luckily for us the scum element of human kind is only a minor group of people who have no understanding of life and end up never really having a life of any worth. They are certainly not men and never gain any true human respect. I can see from the good intentions and kind words on this forum, that they are a pathetic minority and that most people condemn and abhor this sort of sick behaviour.

As for doing business in Thailand. Luckily for us, most business people do not behave like this.

:o Well with a name like WORM it just says wot type of brain u have r u sure ur mai tem baht do u really think he wud pay someone wish i cud stumble up on u wud knock some sense into well try that worm brain of urs am out there xmas hope we can meet up 4 a beer??? or someting better u MUPPET!
It's really sad when foreigners start using Thai violent tatics against fellow foreigners  (or anybody for that fact).

Probably paid the gunman 1,000 baht to shoot them both. Makes me sick.

I mean we have enough to worry about over here, and now we have to worry about desputes being settled the Thai mafia way?

*heavy sigh*

<deleted> is this schvonsky guys problem? :D

Learn to spell also before you start slagging people off. :D

He obviously types like he talks.

Update (Phuket Gazette):

Samui property agent shot

KOH SAMUI: -- Samui property agent Gary Pearmain and his girlfriend, Sirinya Sansenao, 25, were shot and wounded by two gunmen at their house in Baan Thongkrud at about 8 pm on Thursday.

Pol Maj Sompong Krutsuwan, Inspector of Samui Police Station, told the Gazette that Mr Pearmain, a British national, was shot in the left hand and chest, and K. Sirinya was hit in the right leg and the left ankle. Both escaped serious injury.

“K. Sirinya said that the two men approached her when she was in front of the house. They said they were looking for the house of a friend called "Dum". She told them that she and Gary had just moved to the house, and she went back inside,” Maj Sompong said.

“Gary came downstairs and asked K. Sirinya who the men were. She told him, and as they turned to go to the kitchen the men opened fire from outside. Four shell casings were found at the scene,” he added.

“I don’t think that the two gunmen really wanted to kill them, because after they had fallen to the floor, they could have made sure that they were dead.”

Maj Sompong said police are following leads as to whether the attack was related to a business dispute.

The couple are now recovering in Bangkok Samui Hospital.

--Phuket Gazette 2005-09-24

and why not here? .......its the most anonymous place to make accusations...members of this forum are not usually shy to hang the wrong people.....

cant see why the forum is in jeopardy from an anonymous posting

wasn’t really thinking of the name of the shooter, but the names of the people behind this cowardly act......

freedom of speech is whats its all about and not hiding behind the rock on the day of reckoning....

Libel is still libel, even on the Internet. Here's how it would happen in Thailand. Anonymous poster says "Joe Blow had that guy shot." Joe Blow then lodges a complaint of libel with the police. The police contact ThaiVisa and ask for the time and origin IP of the offending post. If TV hands it over and it isn't an Internet cafe, the poster is quickly identified via his ISP, gets sued for millions and has no defence unless he has hard evidence (in which case he gets a bullet in the head from Joe Blow). If ThaiVisa refuses to hand over the IP details, the police then request the ICT Ministry to put the site on its block list and TV's business is ruined overnight.

You obviously don't know much about the internet. Anyone with a little know how can sit at home and post what he likes without worrying about the men in brown knocking at the door.

But george asked everyone to hold off on naming names, so for the sake of tv.com, maybe its not a good idea.

hi,

yes is easy enough to do - could even ask a friend in another country to post it......dont suppose the men in brown would be too interested then....

but George feels ill at ease.... and he knows best, so lets wait and see what happens next

amarka

Pol Maj Sompong Krutsuwan, Inspector of Samui Police Station, told the Gazette that Mr Pearmain, a British national, was shot in the left hand and chest, and K. Sirinya was hit in the right leg and the left ankle. Both escaped serious injury.

“I don’t think that the two gunmen really wanted to kill them, because after they had fallen to the floor, they could have made sure that they were dead.”

thank you inspector clousseau.

a gunshot wound to the chest will kill more times than not.

a gunshot wound to the leg stands a very good chance of killing someone through blood loss if the femoral artery is hit.

"Briton" is only correct if the press employees are sure that the victim is of celtic extraction.... The use of "Briton" in circumstances like this is sloppy----though more and more prevalent over the years.

If you want to be really pedantic the term 'Briton' should only be applied to a speaker of a Brythonic language - i.e. Welsh, Cornish or Breton. But this is entering into the realms of ethnicity and politics and not really relevant to this thread. Hope the guy pulls through.

www.dictionary.com

2 entries found for briton.

Brit·on ( P ) Pronunciation Key (brtn)

n.

A native or inhabitant of Great Britain.

One of a Celtic people inhabiting ancient Britain at the time of the Roman invasion.

A member of a Brittonic-speaking people.

So the man was a Briton then.

Update (Phuket Gazette):

“Gary came downstairs and asked K. Sirinya who the men were. She told him, and as they turned to go to the kitchen the men opened fire from outside. Four shell casings were found at the scene,” he added.

There are more than enough professionals around who would have been more accurate (ala a Michael Wansley type hit). IMO that points to inexperienced local goons hired by a relatively inexperienced Thai "boss"; or falang boss figure.

:o

BRITISH man was today fighting for his life after being shot on a Thai resort island.

His Thai girlfriend was seriously wounded in the gun attack.

Police said the shooting was linked to a land deal dispute.

The gunman entered the victims' house last night and pretended to ask the woman for directions.

When the British man came downstairs, the attacker fired on them.

The Briton, who has been living on the island of Koh Samui for a decade, was shot twice in the chest and once in the arm and was in a critical condition in hospital. His girlfriend was shot in the leg and arm.

Their names have not been released.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5043823.html

Edited by Eric Davis

Briton critical after gun attack

gary.jpg

Shot: Mr. Gary Pearmain, resident of Koh Samui

KOH SAMUI: -- A British man and his Thai girlfriend have been seriously injured in a gun attack on a popular Thai resort island, apparently because of a land deal dispute.

A gunman entered the victims' house on Thursday night and pretended to ask the woman for directions. When the Briton came downstairs, the attacker fired on them, said police Lt Col Somphong Krutsuwan.

The Briton, who has been living on the island of Koh Samui for more than a decade, was shot twice in the chest and once in the arm. His girlfriend was shot in the leg and arm.

"The British man is in critical condition, but his girlfriend is still able to speak," Somphong said.

Police did not have the victims' names. An initial investigation showed that the motive was a business dispute.

"The victim has a conflict with fellow foreigners over the land brokerage deals on Koh Samui," Somphong said.

Koh Samui, located 330 miles south of Bangkok, is one of Thailand's most popular tourist destinations.

--The Press Association 2005-09-23

Gary head hunted me for a Project Manager's job with Cocount Land, salary not that hot and I would definately need danger money as well now.

The Thai Police were stating that Gary was not in a serious condition, is this so as not to put off the Tourists? If having a severed artery, and being in ICU is not serious, what is?

I hope that Gary and his girlfriend make a swift recovery.

Edited by Estrada

My best to both of the injured parties. Also, I hope this forum never starts to be a place where names are dropped by people, especially about something as serious as this. If people have information it needs to go to the police first.

No action from the police (or involvement by someone connected to them), then the next rung up the ladder. Etc., including the press for investigation.

Otherwise this naming stuff can become a witchhunt and a way of settling scores.

:o Well with a name like WORM it just says wot type of brain u have r u sure ur mai tem baht do u really think he wud pay someone wish i cud stumble up on u wud knock some sense into well try that worm brain of urs am out there xmas hope we can meet up 4 a beer??? or someting better u MUPPET!
It's really sad when foreigners start using Thai violent tatics against fellow foreigners  (or anybody for that fact).

Probably paid the gunman 1,000 baht to shoot them both. Makes me sick.

I mean we have enough to worry about over here, and now we have to worry about desputes being settled the Thai mafia way?

*heavy sigh*

Yes Dave,i thought the same thing.<deleted>.Nobhead :D

<deleted> is this schvonsky guys problem? :D

Learn to spell also before you start slagging people off. :D

Hope the spineless "fellow foreigner" gets done as well, the cheap bastard.

so do i, but i reckon the one who pulled the trigger was a Thai for sure and not a Farang.

I seriously doubt that a farang would shoot Gary as a farang is much more easily identified.

By the way if someone reckons they know who the culprit is then they should tell the police instead of posting here!

spend a nice evening in soi green mango, go to solobar, soi reggea pub, go late, best around 1am and look at your british or german or israel or italian fellows, look how they treat the girls (yes also the bar girls!!! but not only) listen what they say when they speak to eachother. its a shame and we, the farangs should feel embarrassed about them and we should think about the image that this gives to thais.

if our fellows would treat the bargirls with the respect they deserve(they deserve a lot) if our fellows when doing business would not appear like thailand and its people is just a shop where we can buy, use and drop everything and everybody, if we expats would understand that not the thais are stupid, when they dont speak decent english, but we are too stupid to learn the countries language, if that all would be better, for sure we would have a much better time with the basically open minded and very warm hearted thais.

Where did that come from?? Gotta reply to this one, sorry. People here are discussing this quite appaling attempted murder of a respected Samui citizen and you are banging that old 'respect for bargirls' drum. Change the bloody record! Also what the **** are you doing listening in to farangs obviously private conversations? Let alone encourage others to listen in. Take a look in the mirror, pal, I'd say most farangs have pretty decent respect for women. I can only speak for my own country, although its difficult to judge as I dont often 'overhear' that many conversations, but I hardly ever see a women walking round with a black eye :o . Yes, we all like to go and sink a few wife-beaters on a friday, but thats just a bit of fun.

Look, no one is saying the Thais are stupid, really. And if they are I'm sure they dont mean it. You should expand your horizons beyond the green mango, my fellow farang. You should understand the need for an english-language members forum on which we should have the freedom to expess our opinions. There are many forums for Thais out there , for example, one is dedicated to Thais living in the UK (most of them bargirls BTW).

Glad I've got that off my chest. I am not suprised to hear about this shooting though, I remember talking to some people involved in the Samui property market and violence is not uncommon. Will be interesting to hear more about this story tho if we ever do.

Edited by Magnet

The Daily News said apart from a business conflict police were considering the love conflict angle as Gary Pearmain had split up with his previous girlfriend and only taken up with his present beau the last 2 months.

It noted Gary was handsome as well as being a man of wealth.

Probably not the motive but in Thailand it can rarely be discounted.

Samui is a shitehole full of farang scum.

I stayed in Chaweng once, only to find some Aussie Yob - probably hepped up on goofballs, fornicating some skanky Thai ho on my balcony. He refused to leave - until the resort alsatian chased him off.

I'd drop napalm on the entire place. Its a cess pit.

Makes me laugh when certain nitwits talk about Samui being a putative 'millionaires playground' for expensive villas.

ps Also bored with members here who feign knowledge of the assassination business. So many do this......'well I have a dodgy Thai friend who knows someone' schtick. You'd run a mile if a poodle widdled on your doormat and barked at you.

I just love your comments Moog, the poodle bit is the best. :o:D

Update (Phuket Gazette):

KOH SAMUI: -- Samui property agent Gary Pearmain and his girlfriend, Sirinya Sansenao, 25, were shot and wounded by two gunmen at their house in Baan Thongkrud at about 8 pm on Thursday.

“K. Sirinya said that the two men approached her when she was in front of the house. They said they were looking for the house of a friend called "Dum". She told them that she and Gary had just moved to the house, and she went back inside,” Maj Sompong said.

Maj Sompong said police are following leads as to whether the attack was related to a business dispute.

The couple are now recovering in Bangkok Samui Hospital.

--Phuket Gazette 2005-09-24

My thoughts go to both victims in this incident and hope that both fully recover.

I too have spent time in Bangkok Samui ICU and believe me, it certainly is not a cheap place to be. Hope they have good insurance.

For the last few years the place has been going downhill rapidly for many reasons -the numbers of westerners moving and taking over land I personally think has to be a main one. Increasing business conflicts and/or local people being priced out of the market is in the future going to cause many more problems. As a short holiday destination it's fine but there's no way I'd live on that island and certainly I would not invest there.

This incident, as bad as it is will certainly not be the last. :o

Nobodies with a few quid have become big wheels in Samui

Some big money been made by some early entrants,along with some very dodgy deals.

Bit like the old wild west really.

Not a nice place anymore,its all about how high they can all piss these days.

Briton critical after gun attack

gary.jpg

Shot: Mr. Gary Pearmain, resident of Koh Samui

KOH SAMUI: -- A British man and his Thai girlfriend have been seriously injured in a gun attack on a popular Thai resort island, apparently because of a land deal dispute.

A gunman entered the victims' house on Thursday night and pretended to ask the woman for directions. When the Briton came downstairs, the attacker fired on them, said police Lt Col Somphong Krutsuwan.

The Briton, who has been living on the island of Koh Samui for more than a decade, was shot twice in the chest and once in the arm. His girlfriend was shot in the leg and arm.

"The British man is in critical condition, but his girlfriend is still able to speak," Somphong said.

Police did not have the victims' names. An initial investigation showed that the motive was a business dispute.

"The victim has a conflict with fellow foreigners over the land brokerage deals on Koh Samui," Somphong said.

Koh Samui, located 330 miles south of Bangkok, is one of Thailand's most popular tourist destinations.

--The Press Association 2005-09-23

Gary head hunted me for a Project Manager's job with Cocount Land, salary not that hot and I would definately need danger money as well now.

The Thai Police were stating that Gary was not in a serious condition, is this so as not to put off the Tourists? If having a severed artery, and being in ICU is not serious, what is?

I hope that Gary and his girlfriend make a swift recovery.

:o

please,we are not in US,put dates in right order;10.9.05=10th sept

We aren't in Europe either, 10/9/2548 is correct in Thailand.

Next time, try not to be so pedantic, it really is uninteresting. And doesn't have much to do with the topic at hand.