Law Prohibiting Marriage To Foreigners Over The Age Of 50 Proposed To Thai Cabinet

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also posted a reference to April Fool's Day around 7.45 this morning, and I now see that it's disappeared. Maybe the Mods can post a "top ten" of who rumbled this one this morning?

Over 600 posts already. I would say it has been a very successful April Fool's joke.

Been translated into several languages and has been repeated on sites all around the world. :partytime2:

dam_n, now people all over the world will know what a complete set of numpty expats live in Thailand

our reputation for being highly intelligent beings has been completely blown away in a single morning

they will be calling us sexpats or sex tourists next..............

Edited by timekeeper

an age gap of up to 18 years or less will be more appropriate between 2 adults., anything more and just becomes whimsical at best!

You still haven't got the message. APRIL FOOL's day TODAY. God it's difficult some times. :rolleyes:

How true, It is disgusting that thiese dirty old men go to Thailand to marry the young girl. I think they are closer being a legal age Pedofile.

Everyone here knows they are around.

Exemptions should however be made if the relationship is a long term (known and been in relationship of some form for ????12 months / 2 years)

I think this is directed at the old man and the 18yo and yes, This is Thailand, they can do whatever they want to do to protect their people from the old Farang.

I hope this is enforced.

Yes. Thailand should bring in this law to prohibit older Farangs and other foreigners from marrying very young women .

I have seen some farangs with young wives who could be their grand daughters!.

Laos and Cambodia have enacted these law: why not Thailand.

Why should it be the goverments job to protect the women. They are not forced into the marriage and i would imagine 95% are for good reason

'she wants secruity and someone to help with the family

he wants a young lover/maid/lover/companion that he cant get in the west

who is hurt???

If u object to this than i suggest u look at ur reason why u find this offensive>>>

How true, It is disgusting that thiese dirty old men go to Thailand to marry the young girl. I think they are closer being a legal age Pedofile.

Everyone here knows they are around.

Exemptions should however be made if the relationship is a long term (known and been in relationship of some form for ????12 months / 2 years)

I think this is directed at the old man and the 18yo and yes, This is Thailand, they can do whatever they want to do to protect their people from the old Farang.

I hope this is enforced.

Yes. Thailand should bring in this law to prohibit older Farangs and other foreigners from marrying very young women .

Why should it be the goverments job to protect the women. They are not forced into the marriage and i would imagine 95% are for good reason

'she wants secruity and someone to help with the family

he wants a young lover/maid/lover/companion that he cant get in the west

who is hurt???

If u object to this than i suggest u look at ur reason why u find this offensive>>>

No, it would protect the poor old men (and their money).

Wow! They are really being very creative in the ministries! What about coming up with some "intelligent" solutions for a change? It would be refreshing!

It would indeed but it is not likely to happen. There are some basics lacking in order to make that possible.

the best fun of this April Fools joke is going back to page one and seeing many of the most outspoken set of TV posters who i love to hate and have had strong verbal exchanges with in the past, being completely sucked in by George and the team.

he who laughs last laughs the longest.........

Not surprising, like many have said, however, IF this goes through, it will back-fire for sure. And, it will be really sad for those true relationships that are based on love...

One other note: The article never mentioned anything about a Thai above (or near) 50 years old marrying a younger farang...hmm.

The article never mentioned it because it's a

JOKE! An APRIL FOOL!

How many times must it be said? :rolleyes:

No Jim - you haven't been around very long, this is a highly plausible story. Especially following the lead of the Cambodians.

The Thai government is, of course, shooting itself (or it's lady residents) in the foot. There are far more benefits that accrue to a Thai wife who is married to a Falang after the death of the Falang. They cannot claim these if unmarried.

As I said to my better half "som nom naar" because of your government YOU will lose and Mama will not get the 10 Baht of gold and 500k sin sot that I planned for next year. :lol:

She, of course, blamed ME (not her government) and called me Falang khee niao :jap:

Happy April 1st.

??? LMAO! So you are saying I haven't been around very long because of the date under my name? Maybe the number of posts? Are you for real? Ever considered how many times people change names on anonymous forums?

April fools

hahaha

No, not April fools ... the same laws were recently passed in both Cambodia and Laos, thus Thailand just follows this new S.E. Asian racial concept.

Old farangs over 50 that marry young Thai girls also have children, the children are Eurasian (half-casts) and Thailand does not regard this as a positive development within its society, hence the new law.

My friend -you need sex lessons.

Whether over 50 or not, married or not, farangs (and not all over 50 are old!) can still impregnate Thai girls who will bear half-caste children. The proposed law (as suggested here today) will not change that!

Of course they can, no lessons needed (for anybody) thank you ... however, your view is not appropriate, not many young men (below 50) come to Thailand to marry young girls, although they will have plenty of sex during their stay here, but the last thing they want is to have children and they use the necessary protection in order to avoid it, the children's aspect applies chiefly to the retired chaps over 50 that come to live here permanently and marry Thai girls.

You reply is indicative of the fact that you are not observational on this matter, nevertheless, notwithstanding any of the above, I would not recommend any lessons for you, since you are free to express your views as you wish ... good luck.

Who will take care of the unmarried mothers and their luk krung children after we are gone?

Not only the luk krung children, seems 80+% of farangs in relationships with Thai women also pay for the previous engendered (Thai) children :whistling:

I am concerned that these people are attempting to circumvent the rules by marrying innocent Thai women.

Seems some people really do have their heads in the clouds.

:D

I totally agree

And where are all these innocent Thai women ?

Ah ! I know they must be the thousands of innocent prostitutes working bar all over Thailand.

But this law is good at protecting us farangs from these innocent bloodsucking girls.

It is the old men who are naive and innocent . Many come here because they are lonely in their own country .

And as soon as a beautiful girl tells them what they want to hear ( handsome man , Farangs are better lovers than Thai men etc etc etc ) they believe every word because they want to believe.

Yes Thai women are very beautiful BUT they use sex to get what they want.

Not many men under 50 will want to live here because they still have jobs in their own countries AND because they are still working ( NO PENSION !! ) there will not be enough money to run 2 homes One in Thailand and one in the West. So sorry honey no money ha ha ha

Most younger men only come here for a good time NOT looking for a wife.

A Thai woman once told me she preferred older men because they die sooner

The number of suckers on this April Fools Joke is astounding. It reflects how real the possiblity of this happening Thailand could be!

It reflects paranoia. Nothing more.

Too many people here can't even bring themselves to admit they've been had, and then blame the fact that this is somehow "believable" to justify the fact that they are just gullible.

I suspect the reason people fell for this is not because the Thai government has done anything in the past which would suggest this is plausible. They fell for it because they'd believe any fancy story told to them on the barstool.

While I am at it, I have a bridge of sale over Sydney Harbour. Going cheap. Plenty of likely customers on this thread.

Not surprising, like many have said, however, IF this goes through, it will back-fire for sure. And, it will be really sad for those true relationships that are based on love...

One other note: The article never mentioned anything about a Thai above (or near) 50 years old marrying a younger farang...hmm.

The article never mentioned it because it's a

JOKE! An APRIL FOOL!

How many times must it be said? :rolleyes:

No Jim - you haven't been around very long, this is a highly plausible story. Especially following the lead of the Cambodians.

The Thai government is, of course, shooting itself (or it's lady residents) in the foot. There are far more benefits that accrue to a Thai wife who is married to a Falang after the death of the Falang. They cannot claim these if unmarried.

As I said to my better half "som nom naar" because of your government YOU will lose and Mama will not get the 10 Baht of gold and 500k sin sot that I planned for next year. :lol:

She, of course, blamed ME (not her government) and called me Falang khee niao :jap:

Happy April 1st.

??? LMAO! So you are saying I haven't been around very long because of the date under my name? Maybe the number of posts? Are you for real? Ever considered how many times people change names on anonymous forums?

Jim - the word you are looking for is 'banned' - you half-wit !

Read a few pages of the above Thai bashing and it's a wonder that they don't throw us all out.

I have it on good authority (my wife's second cousin's babysitter) that this thread was started to flush out the rabid Thai bashers for assignment of higher baht bus fees and earlier bar closings.

If the Thai's need another reason to avoid becomming anything like the west they just got several hundred of them.

This may come as a surprise to you, but the purpose of laws is not to ban things that you personally do not like. Who someone else marries is their business, not yours.

Edited by zthyadat

I can't read through all 27 pages of posted messages, but I do see one massive misinterpretation of what was stated in the article. It is NOT that the proposed law would prohibit over 50 farangs from marrying just anyone younger. It would prohibit it in ALL cases. A 51 year old farang would not even be allowed to marry a 100 year old Thai woman. The article posits essentially that Thailand would prohibit 50 year old foreigners from Thai marriages period.

Look at it the other way round - it may stop the young women thinking they have an easy meal ticket - and is there a note of jealousy on behalf of the over 50 ministers who are feeling threatened that there might be a shortish of younger women to flatter, patronize and take out and do what ever with?????

Yes Thai women are very beautiful BUT they use sex to get what they want.

A Thai woman once told me she preferred older men because they die sooner

Errrrrrr tell me a country where women don't do that?

And yes, of course a Thai woman told you that,

Go back to sleep now.