Law Prohibiting Marriage To Foreigners Over The Age Of 50 Proposed To Thai Cabinet

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When laws are passed by the Social Elite taking social privileges away from the masses, someone somewhere is already problem solving how to avoid or dissolve the law, because the intent behind the law was evil.. :ph34r:

My Book, Chapter I, page 2, para. 1

This will become another "Joke of The Day" just give it time.

When laws are passed by the Social Elite taking social privileges away from the masses, someone somewhere is already problem solving how to avoid or dissolve the law, because the intent behind the law was evil.. :ph34r:

My Book, Chapter I, page 2, para. 1

This will become another "Joke of The Day" just give it time.

You make me smile in such a meaningful way!

TV not a credible news source? This would never happen on the BBC? What the...?

It's a shame you lost so much, but April Fool's day has quite a long tradition, can I suggest you join in the joke?

There are some big name companies that have followed the tradition > Best April Fools Day Prank

Wonder if Thaivisa will get on the next list. :D

I am married since 8 years i have house, condo, car, ...but i have no advantage in Thailand, no permanent visa etc...

And maybe one day, one new minister, one new crazy law .. and i will no have visa anymore .. because they will ask for 10 millions baths in the bank, or anything else

And i will have to go back to my country where i have nothing now !!

Because every year here we must prove new things !

In Philippines you can have for example a permanent visa !! http://immigration.g...id=22&Itemid=37

Edited by carabaothai

The funniest part is when it said "innocent Thai women".

<flame removed>

Well I don't have the energy to laugh, because I actually lost a night's sleep. In Europe at the moment, I saw the message alert just before logging out of my email account for the night. Tired from a stressful day, it actually sickened me, and I am feeling the consequence of sleep deprevation.

So for me, two things have been lost:

1. an important night's sleep.

2. My trust in Thaivisa.com as a credible news source.

One would not have this happen on either CNN or the BBC. It should not happen here.

There there, it'll be OK tomorrow.

It certainly will be better tomorrow, and the days thereafter.

I have better things to do than to associate with the disrespectful. Goodbye.

I have found this entire thread quite depressing. The realisation that so many of my fellow men are retarded beyond belief.

12 hours +, after an April fools joke was written, then revealed as such, tens of people are either still believing it or revealing it as a prank, as if they were the first one to realise. &lt;deleted&gt; is wrong with you people?

Anyway, I would like to say thank you to 'Technikalll'. Of all the posts today, you take first prize. You cracked me up, and put a smile back on my face. You 'have better things to do than associate with the disrespectful' & 'This wouldn't happen on the BBC', Wow that's some freaky shit.

Edited by raro

Yes. Thailand should bring in this law to prohibit older Farangs and other foreigners from marrying very young women .

I have seen some farangs with young wives who could be their grand daughters!.

Laos and Cambodia have enacted these law: why not Thailand.

At last I come to two Posts that make sense Sundaram444 and the one below it Shrooner.

Every Post I read before are the typical, as Sigmund Freud said, Sex on the Brain, farangs.

According to Freud, people are strongly influenced by unconscious forces, including innate sexual drives. Freud recounts the early resistance to his ideas and later acceptance of his work.

Take a walk through Pattaya CarreFour Mall on any Saturday and it looks like farang flotsam US and EU with Thai "wives" who are no older than the flotsam's granddaughter(s) carrying a half-breed who by the time s/he needs a father the Grim Reaper has collected him.

Thailand has waited already too long with enacting this farang age marry law of 50, as time moves on Thailand will progressively have more problems with the half-breeds, nothing to do with racism, it is pure unadulterated human behavior.

Freud was an ass hole who was obsessed with finding out why he wanted to shag every few mins

Edited by raro
flame removed

I knew that the Thai politicians are stupid but that they are so stupid I never imagined........

I always imagined they were this stupid. Their ignorance and stupidity is on display every day in this backward country. First, to all the Thia numb nuts in Parliament, if you are really concerned about the retirement amount, just raise it for men who marry Thai nationals you idiots! It's a pitence to us anyway! The fact is, it just bugs the heck out of you that your women prefer farang of any age over your little shrink-wrapped package! You want to remain free to treat your women like crap and have them do all the work you are all to lazy or stupid (likely both) to do so you have time to play with little boys and ladyboys in your local brothels, drink your days away and gamble away what little baht you do have from whatever scam you were running . As far as the little fatherless bastards that might be created by an old farang who keels over before it's grown, I suspect the geezer will have provided for the wife and child much better than any Thai man is capable of doing. Also here is a heads up for you brain dead little MP droids, just because you all believe 400,000 or 800,000 is alot of money, to most farang of retirement age it is absolutely nothing, and I seriously doubt any farang ever married a Thai girl of any age with this thought in mind. So I guess it will still be perfectly ok for these impotent little lilliputions to cheat on their wives with these young girls or marry them themselves and abuse them. Thailand is a country on the decline in a big way and this will be another huge step towards its demise. Other than your women, you have little else to offer us and you will learn this lesson the hard way.

Sorry, but for higher class Thais there is generally a great stigma attached to being in a relationship with a farang. Several girls that used to work for me admitted that their father had forbidden cross-cultural marriage, no doubt excluding Chinese, Korean etc

BTW do you think the average middle class / high class Thai women would be seen dead with you? NO NO NO! But don't worry there's still a fine array of rice-pickers on display who might actually prefer you over the alcoholic, gambling wasters you stereotyped so beautifully. Lucky you!

Has to be said, the moderators are doing a fantastic job on this thread.

The young girl I had in my shower this morning was giggling and clearly happy with being with a man 39 years her senior.

She's quite happy to be left to stay the night with friends of mine too. This is what healthy young girls want. Lots of play and fun. Sometimes I don't have the energy or just want to give her a change. Who's to say that only somoene of the same age can give them this? They don't care about the age.

Why do people see anything wrong with this?

Was the "r" in your name a slip on the keyboard?

it could be april fools but the way the thai government thinks sometimes, you just never know. Everyday i read the news i think it is april fool days . Thai Logic is a mystery to me but what do i know been coming here for 11 years and still haven't got the place figured out i just know i am a walking ATM nothing more

I knew that the Thai politicians are stupid but that they are so stupid I never imagined........

I always imagined they were this stupid. Their ignorance and stupidity is on display every day in this backward country. First, to all the Thia numb nuts in Parliament, if you are really concerned about the retirement amount, just raise it for men who marry Thai nationals you idiots! It's a pitence to us anyway! The fact is, it just bugs the heck out of you that your women prefer farang of any age over your little shrink-wrapped package! You want to remain free to treat your women like crap and have them do all the work you are all to lazy or stupid (likely both) to do so you have time to play with little boys and ladyboys in your local brothels, drink your days away and gamble away what little baht you do have from whatever scam you were running . As far as the little fatherless bastards that might be created by an old farang who keels over before it's grown, I suspect the geezer will have provided for the wife and child much better than any Thai man is capable of doing. Also here is a heads up for you brain dead little MP droids, just because you all believe 400,000 or 800,000 is alot of money, to most farang of retirement age it is absolutely nothing, and I seriously doubt any farang ever married a Thai girl of any age with this thought in mind. So I guess it will still be perfectly ok for these impotent little lilliputions to cheat on their wives with these young girls or marry them themselves and abuse them. Thailand is a country on the decline in a big way and this will be another huge step towards its demise. Other than your women, you have little else to offer us and you will learn this lesson the hard way.

Sorry, but for higher class Thais there is generally a great stigma attached to being in a relationship with a farang. Several girls that used to work for me admitted that their father had forbidden cross-cultural marriage, no doubt excluding Chinese, Korean etc

BTW do you think the average middle class / high class Thai women would be seen dead with you? NO NO NO! But don't worry there's still a fine array of rice-pickers on display who might actually prefer you over the alcoholic, gambling wasters you stereotyped so beautifully. Lucky you!

This is no longer really true in Thailand, although 20 years ago it was more that case that "respectable" Thai women were reluctant to be seen with farangs because people might assume they were hookers. I think the look krueng craze and the realisation that the farang parents of most look krueng pop stars, models and actors and actresses were respectable business people, rather than Vietnam era GIs, has helped change all of that. A lot of hi-so Thai women now like to show off a good looking farang, Japanese or Korean boyfriend, although not usually some one who is much older than them. The bottom line is that middle class Thai women are also now much more willing to be seen with a farang, as long he looks respectable and doesn't behave like a typical sex tourist.

Edited by Arkady

Try sailing. Not all of us have to work for a living. You would be surprised. Go look in your closet. Do you have three tuxedos there? No. Didn't think so. PS if they had to work for a living they were not higher class, they were working girls.

I hope they also exempt farangs who have lived here over20 years and paid tax on wages, then retired.Plus my lady has lived with me over 10 years! I hope exemption considerations will also be used for us old foggies, wow , I bet women all over the world will want this law....I hope old Thais are included too, but they're making the law ,so probably not !!!

Edited by TheWizardofRnR

Thankyou Sateev seems the most sensible post yet.

I also think that many respondents think that anyone who has a complaint or issue against things that happen in thai should go home. The fact is that for many of us the good outweighs the bad, and in my case by far.

It is not a problem to voice an opinion, and in my own humble opinion it is stupid for others to say 'go home' simply for expressing a viewpoint on one particular issue.

quick, before they pass this law.

you can easily divorce anytime in the future.

on the second thought, over 50 you can get a retirement visa, no need to marry

:whistling:

It's incredibly disappointing this is a stupid April Fool's prank, because it is something that should be implemented. dry.gif

Taken in a humorous way practical jokes are funny. Add the caveat "because it is something that should be implemented" and it becomes cruel prank to men who may be in love or wanting to marry a women a few years their junior.

Why is Thailand interested in protecting foreign men from marrying younger Thai women? Do they want to cripple the tractor and oxe sellers in Isan?

Those men should be prepared for the 'troubles that result' mainly loss of lifetime savings without Thailand protetecting them

So does that mean that a foreigner over 50 cannot marry any Thai national regardless of age?

e.g Foreigner 51 and Thai woman 45 cannot get married?

That would seem ridiculous!

The law before said that no foreiger can stay in Thailand married to a thai unless he or she is 50 or over to get a so called marridge vise.( "O" ) visa. So those married before that law was imlimented i e 40 year old male married here could stay.Grandfarthed...Now they will have to change that law again.There would be no more marridge visas at immagration.