Law Prohibiting Marriage To Foreigners Over The Age Of 50 Proposed To Thai Cabinet

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This new law will harm the Thai women that marry older guys just tgo stay in their new country until they get residency. I was unfortunate in believing sdhe loved me but, after the three years passed and she got residency in Australia she left. By the way, every dollar she earned in Australia was sent back to Thailand to "save for a rainy day". I was hooked, wel;l and truly. Seems like guys like me will be protected from deceiving Thai women

yes its April fool day

both you and your wife were mature age when married, it is differant to a 50yo marrying a 18yo which as far as I am concerned, is legal age pedofile.

I hope that someone actually enforces a rule like this as it will reduce mature people like you and your wife from being inadvertantly grouped with the dirty old men.

You should not concider your situation with the refered title.

I am married to a young Thai lady, she is 22 years younger than me, she was 32 when we met. We got married we have two lovely girls, Mary is 4 and Nancy is just 1 and a half. I love them all very much, I have given them my all. My wife gave me everything she ever had as she was being taken into labour, a gold chain that she put around my neck. All I can say is don't stand between love especially ours. I told my wife about this proposal by the Thai government she said she will go to goal first, she was so very angry. So tell me why is it you feel that you should have the god given right to decide her fate. Get a life you ...............OK now you can ban me from TV, Mr Happily Married.rolleyes.gif

Yes. Thailand should bring in this law to prohibit older Farangs and other foreigners from marrying very young women .

I have seen some farangs with young wives who could be their grand daughters!.

Laos and Cambodia have enacted these law: why not Thailand.

Edited by david_dyer

This "discussion" really made my day! :cheesy: I love it that some of the people who "hate" seeing 50+ with <30 are now crying about being fooled by ThaiVisa. :violin: Well done Thai Visa!! :clap2: Well done! I hope you had a pool or something about how many responses you get on this topic. Bwaaahaaahaaa. I would love to buy the author a Heineken or two! :burp:

Yes. Thailand should bring in this law to prohibit older Farangs and other foreigners from marrying very young women .

Your attitude reminds me of a guy called Adolf who restricted the rights of Jews about 75 years ago

Who next blacks or maybe hispanics

What about all the over 50 farangs that are already married to Thai girls? Do they have to get divorced? Wil they have to leave Thailand? Hahahaha! What kind of nonsense is this? I guess that the old Thai men are bitter that no young Thai girls is interested in them!

I picked it as an April Fools joke immediately, but didn't reply, because I didn't want to ruin it... then noticed that people posts telling everyone it was an April Fools joke were being deleted as soon as they went up...

Now THAT was very clever... well done George... and then to let all of the wold be spoiler replies go back in after midday was even smarter... all Cudos George...

I can't believe that there are still people posting up serious replies... 30 minutes after the beans were allowed to be spilled... and others continued to post about how their post was deleted because they aren't getting credit thinking they were the only one smart enough to see it...

Can't get the grin off my face... Thanks George...

Cheers,

Daewoo

I wasn't looking for credit nor did I think I was the only one smart enough :D and one of my posts got changed to say I was gay, which I am not. :whistling: This was very funny as I believed it for about ten seconds before I twigged it was an April Fool. Very good. :clap2:

WoW! I made the cut as I married before this law will come into force. I will now be able to claim the benefits offered by this kind government and live off the state. I did not appreciate this before but now I will be able to join all the other thousands of Ferangs living off the Thai state, bit unkind to call us a burden though. By the way where is the Benefit Office as I only have about 10 minutes as I am informed it closes at noon on 1st April!

I'd tend to believe this to be a 1 April prank. Because the "law" would make absolutely no sense on so many levels...unenforceable, unethical, unfair, unwise, irrational, illogical.....etc., etc.

Yes, but that's what makes it so believable! Is the egg on our faces? I don't think so.

20 pages yet?? nice one. found the sweet spot for many readers.

Only 1 more page to go til we hit our target of 20 pages before noon . . . keep it going guys! Ignore all the other posts, just reply back with your thoughts on the original article!

"Many older foreigners seem to marry Thai women so they can stay in Thailand under less strict requirements. Instead of needing to meet the requirements of 800,000 baht in the bank they only have to show 400,000 baht a year when married to a Thai. Additionally, many of these people seem to come to Thailand simply to marry much younger girls. In many cases they are old enough to be their father. I am concerned that these people are attempting to circumvent the rules by marrying innocent Thai women. If these people don't have enough money to retire then they shouldn't be here and become a burden to Thailand," Tawatchai Suksoom of the Ministry of Interior stated.

This is just wrong on so many levels.

Don't they know that getting married will cost a lot more than 400,000 baht. So reducing the financial requirement would hardly be valid reason to get married. :(

Don' they also know that in many cases they are old enough to be their grand father. :lol:

But the main reason it's wrong - "Innocent Thai Women" :huh:

My goodness - what a way with words...

'the innocent thai girls being taken advantage of by the old burdon farang 50 something'

You know the innocent thai girl - who works in a go go bar and sleeps her way through dozens of men, risking dissease and mental trauma - wishing that someone will save her from her abysmal life - yes that innocent Thai girl...

Well... stupidity doesnt really have to effect us

dont let the idiots wind you up - its all just a show to make them feel more adequate than us.

At the end of the day - marriage in Thailand is not worth much - so dont fuss

You can still elope and get married

You can still live with your young concubine

You can still do everything you did before - it doesn't change anything...

And if the glass was half full..

The burdom farangs now have an excellent excuse

Sorry i cannot marry you - im too old - but we can live together...

So you protect your assets and live in peter pan world with the ultimate upper hand.

Dont worry - be happy - these idiots are the reason we are all here, they cannot run the place for toffee, hence its appeal...

hahahahahahaha this is just funny, The burdens will go to philipines or somewhere else and the government will wake up with a bad dream, "what did you say, they stop building grandma´ villa? why? because the stupid falang go out of Thailand and not pay anymore Oh pajao" ;-)

Your attitude reminds me of a guy called Adolf who restricted the rights of Jews about 75 years ago

Who next blacks or maybe hispanics

Why not?

So the ministery says that foreigner who put 5 t0 6 million bath into the country for building a house where they can retire are a burden for Thailand. Foreigner don´t go to Thailand for an investment. Take another country.

The main point here is that Thai girls marry an older farang or any farang for that matter for financial security. Why - well usually they come from a poor family or if they have children have been rejected by Thai men because they are deemed soiled goods. So their are benefits for the Thai woman. OK the farang gets the benefit of not being alone so I just don't get it

Is this blatant racism or do they think lots of farang men will deposit more cash in a Thai bank?

I can't see any benefit for the Thai government if a large number of farangs decide to go back where they come from. More money will be taken out of the country

Please explain the purpose of this proposed law other than racist

If you are married at the moment = 400THB/year

If you are not married 800THB/year

800 - 400 = 400

This is 100% profit increase.

They want more money in the country to be spent.

Also, more foreigners are coming. Demand, supply.

More foreigners = more strict rules i.e less foreigners less strict rules.

Moral of the story: Consequences of globalization :jap:

Ahhhh so if Cambodia is doing it and Laos then its got to be right hasnt it!!!

Don't know where you get your thought process from, but on your logic its ok to go and marry a child bride like they do in some backward countries.

becaus the law there says you can, so its gotta be right.

I have just hit 50 yo and am married to my farang wife, I'm not looking for a new wife but if I was then I,m quite sure she would be younger than me.

I have a business here in thailand, have in excess of whats needed in the bank, yet some brain child calls Farangs a burden! !!! most thai people would be over the moon

to have 400k in their bank account, but would that make them a burden?

So what happens when a guy who has had a long term STABLE relationship--say 5 years plus-been coming to Thailand 2-3 time a year - and wants to marry when finally able to retire there ???

So does that mean that a foreigner over 50 cannot marry any Thai national regardless of age?

e.g Foreigner 51 and Thai woman 45 cannot get married?

That would seem ridiculous!

Yes, it is unfair and arbitrary. I met my wife after I was 50 and she is six years younger than me, we are not a mismatched couple in any sense and I don't want to take advantage of anything and anybody.

If the authorities are really serious and worried about the age difference they should specify so and make a law prohibiting mariage to foreigners who are over fifteen years older than their bride for example.

Finally a law protecting innocent mature non Thai gentlemen from throwing all their life long hard earned cash away at scheming young Thai women !

This is really the best thing to happen to the Farang and rich Thais. The only people who get the short end of the stick are the poor Thais. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Sad but true !!!

Doesn't anyone recognize this going a bit too far ? - whats next ? - I cannot marry a fat girl - skinny - tall - short - all this is stinkin &lt;deleted&gt; - this makes me think even more seriously about relocating to a society that does not think they rule each individuals rights - Hmmmmm - that's a tall order - Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee