Buying A Honda Airblade

banglay

Hello All!!

I am looking to buy a "New" Honda Air blade....and I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any special offer around at the moment so I can get the best deal???

Thanks in anticipation.

For sure...dealers all up and down suk. Heavy competition.

What strategy should be employed when buying from a Honda dealer?

So if there is "heavy competition" does that mean that one should try and Haggle down the price?

A. For example should one come in and make an offer and wave the money in their face?

B. Bring your Thai girlfriend to strike and bargain?

I doubt very much any deals can be struck on just one bike. Waving around 40k or so in cash is not a big deal to Mityon and other dealers. Try to get them to include some freebies but other than that I think the price is pretty well fixed. If you were negotiating for 5 or 6 at one time I bet they will listen and possibly cut you a deal,,,,,,,but look around there are thousands of bikes on the floors of these places. The prices are fixed by Honda and Yamaha and the markups aren't huge so the dealers won't come down much if at all.

Aren't Airblades pretty hard to find now? Plenty Clicks, but few Airblades

Theres not many hence the price, Mityon on Trepprasit had a few in, I nearly sold mine for 35k which I was going to put towards the new one but at around 74k including insurance etc I decided to leave it.

:)

i have an airblade, they are a very good bike and has given good service but recently bought a Suzuki Hiyate Type S to replace it

frankly its a much better bike and at around 50,000 all in, its a real bargain

Hear ,hear........Suz Hyate, a great bike and the latest version Type S has a 125 cc injection.

Initially I was looking for an Airblade or a PCS but after taking note of the prices (+30%, compared to 2 years ago), I decided to go for the Hyate.

THB 56,000 including 2 year theft-insurance, registration, tax and govt-insurance one year, 2 helmets and a jacket.

i have an airblade, they are a very good bike and has given good service but recently bought a Suzuki Hiyate Type S to replace it

Hear ,hear........Suz Hyate, a great bike and the latest version Type S has a 125 cc injection.

Initially I was looking for an Airblade or a PCS but after taking note of the prices (+30%, compared to 2 years ago), I decided to go for the Hyate.

THB 56,000 including 2 year theft-insurance, registration, tax and govt-insurance one year, 2 helmets and a jacket.

What is the space under the seat like?

Also one of the high points for me on the Airblade is the dual brake system, does the Suzuki have similar?

What is the space under the seat like?

Also one of the high points for me on the Airblade is the dual brake system, does the Suzuki have similar?

Space under the seat can contain a helmet (similar to Airblade).

Dual Brake system..........or: "One of the newest safety futures is the installed Combi-Brake technology distributes braking power between the front and rear wheels when only the left brake lever is activated. The motorcycle comes to a stop within a shorter distance with both wheels handling the braking. Additional, the Honda Air Blade is equipped with a Parking Brake system which works in the same way as a car's hand brake."

As far as I know, the Suz Hyate doesn't have a hand-brake and no such thing as a Combi-Brake system, but you'll save THB 20,000 on the purchase.

Someone somewhere suggested checking out dealers in Si Racha. It's only half an hour up Sukhumvit road and supposedly have more competition = better prices.

I have a 3-4 year old Honda Airblade with low milage. Seeing how expensive they are new now I might actually be tempted to sell it and get a new Hiyate instead. How much do you reckon it'd be worth? Obviously been used but looks good and in good nick, service book and all. Dual-brake/alloy wheel model.

Someone somewhere suggested checking out dealers in Si Racha. It's only half an hour up Sukhumvit road and supposedly have more competition = better prices.

I have a 3-4 year old Honda Airblade with low milage. Seeing how expensive they are new now I might actually be tempted to sell it and get a new Hiyate instead. How much do you reckon it'd be worth? Obviously been used but looks good and in good nick, service book and all. Dual-brake/alloy wheel model.

Maybe if I was a glodal moderator.....I might suggest that you should use the classified ads to sell you old motorcycle LOL :whistling: "How much do you reckon it'd be worth" could be misconstrude as trying to sell lol

Maybe if I was a glodal moderator.....I might suggest that you should use the classified ads to sell you old motorcycle LOL :whistling: "How much do you reckon it'd be worth" could be misconstrude as trying to sell lol

cheesy.gif..busted tongue.gif