78 Year Old Man Caught Up In Attempted Necklace Snatch At Sattahip Hospital

Rimmer

78 year old man caught up in attempted necklace snatch at Sattahip Hospital

PATTAYA: -- A 47 year old woman was detained by Royal Thai Navy Officials on Friday Morning at the Queen Sirigit Hospital in Sattahip, accused of attempting to steal a 30,000 Baht gold necklace from a 78 year old man in the men’s toilet close to the Accident and Emergency Department. Medical staff alerted Security officers to the incident and they subsequently detained Khun Bamuan

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-04-01

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

The place for gold is in a safe.

Can't stand gold jewelery. Pity the lad is so old, otherwise I'd have no pity. Want to walk around trying to show off you can afford a 30,000thb ( :D ) necklace, then som nam nah when someone tries to snatch it.

Can't stand gold jewelery. Pity the lad is so old, otherwise I'd have no pity. Want to walk around trying to show off you can afford a 30,000thb ( :D ) necklace, then som nam nah when someone tries to snatch it.

Sorry but bit of a daft comment. Are we not free men to do what we want ?. Are you saying don't drive a Rolls cos it might get stolen or trashed by a jealous native. or take rings on your fingers. Come on, ANY country there will be low life's trying to steal your stuff but if you knuckle down and FEAR everybody then your life is worthless. My wife gave me a Buddha to '' Take '' care of me on a gold chain, l wear it all the time. If someone wants to try and take it, well fine, but l will not be controlled by scum, whether here or my home country. :huh:

Sorry but bit of a daft comment. Are we not free men to do what we want ?. Are you saying don't drive a Rolls cos it might get stolen or trashed by a jealous native. or take rings on your fingers. Come on, ANY country there will be low life's trying to steal your stuff but if you knuckle down and FEAR everybody then your life is worthless. My wife gave me a Buddha to '' Take '' care of me on a gold chain, l wear it all the time. If someone wants to try and take it, well fine, but l will not be controlled by scum, whether here or my home country. :huh:

Nope, I find most people's need to wear gold (particularly in Asia) is rooted in need to show off.

I find this trait rather disgusting in a person.

But by all means, you are of course free to wear what you want. :rolleyes:

Nope, I find most people's need to wear gold (particularly in Asia) is rooted in need to show off.

Sorry chum but l don't give a shit what people think about what l wear, l do not wear my Buddha to show off, far from it, it's what l want to do, simple really.

YOU, have just shown that if you saw me out and about that l am a show off, how wrong you are and this just shows YOUR and other peoples mind set. Sad really. :rolleyes:

Sorry chum but l don't give a shit what people think about what l wear,

That would make you un-human, I'm afraid.

l do not wear my Buddha to show off, far from it, it's what l want to do, simple really.

Actually 'It's what I want to do', is not 'simple really'. There's psychological forces behind all one's actions, usually subconscious, sometimes forcefully so.

Of course you may not be aware of this.

Sorry chum but l don't give a shit what people think about what l wear,

That would make you un-human, I'm afraid.

l do not wear my Buddha to show off, far from it, it's what l want to do, simple really.

Actually 'It's what I want to do', is not 'simple really'. There's psychological forces behind all one's actions, usually subconscious, sometimes forcefully so.

Of course you may not be aware of this.

Shame you have picked bits from my post, try again with my WHOLE post. Naughty you. :)

Anyone should be able to wear what they like (with the exeption of black socks and sandals and lycra cycling shorts) :) but i must admit i really cannot for the life of me see why anyone would walk the streets of Pattaya with a gold chain worth 30000 baht on display ,

Anyone should be able to wear what they like (with the exeption of black socks and sandals and lycra cycling shorts) :) but i must admit i really cannot for the life of me see why anyone would walk the streets of Pattaya with a gold chain worth 30000 baht on display ,

Weeeeell, perhaps some will knuckle under and dress like a tramp so as not to get mugged but for some, me, l will be me. :)

Edited by transam

Shame you have picked bits from my post, try again with my WHOLE post. Naughty you. :)

Well these are the only other parts:

YOU, have just shown that if you saw me out and about that l am a show off, how wrong you are

Actually (I might or mightn't hold that view, but) I'm more than likely correct, psychologically speaking. Most don't realise (or at least allow conscious awareness of) the psychological drives behind their actions.

and this just shows YOUR and other peoples mind set. Sad really

Of viewing others actions through basic psychological analysis? I'm not too sure that is 'sad really', but hey, if you say so.

Edited by appropriate

Let's see if you still feel that way after you have it ripped from your neck. My friend had one (of much less value) ripped off while riding his motorbike with his wife on the back. It was just luck that he didn't wreck.

If you think that dying is worth the risk than go for it. I have to agree with appropriate. People who walk around wearing gold are foolish showoffs and no one is impressed.

Well these are the only other parts:

YOU, have just shown that if you saw me out and about that l am a show off, how wrong you are

Actually (I might or mightn't hold that view, but) I'm more than likely correct, psychologically speaking. Most don't realise (or at least allow conscious awareness of) the psychological drives behind their actions.

and this just shows YOUR and other peoples mind set. Sad really

Of viewing others actions through basic psychological analysis? I'm not too sure that is 'sad really', but hey, if you say so.

Yep, l say so.

Everybody has a life and must do what they want. NOT what a psychiatrist book says. We would not have soldiers if your assumption is correct. Life is about risk from any angle.

In the UK the IRA were planting bombs all over the place, my sister in law got off a London main station to go to work and one went off at the station. YES, she went to work the next day on the same train. Knuckle under then what is life about. ;)

^well done transam - point of having a gold chain is to wear it. If you are going to worry about someone committing a crime and snatching it then they win. Wear what you have proudly. I certainly have worn my 1bht chain and Buddha for nearly a decade without any problems and I will continue to do so. ;)

Let's see if you still feel that way after you have it ripped from your neck. My friend had one (of much less value) ripped off while riding his motorbike with his wife on the back. It was just luck that he didn't wreck.

If you think that dying is worth the risk than go for it. I have to agree with appropriate. People who walk around wearing gold are foolish showoffs and no one is impressed.

Then be a coward all your life. ANYWHERE on this planet you can be killed for a dollar in your pocket, here, whether you wear gold or not, you are a millionaire and can be trounced on at any time. God, amazes me how many here cower, frightened to walk out the door, when your times up, it's up. :rolleyes:

what is life about. ;)

Mainly being content.

If sporting your jewelery does that, then great. :jap:

There you go again, picking words from my post, :rolleyes:

A Buddha and chain is not jewellery in the true sense. I wear it cause my mrs wants me too. NEVER worn any jewellery before, except a ring, in my life. Like a wedding ring l wear the Buddha, and no asshol_e will tell me otherwise, not you, a thief.

If a guy has a gun, l will call him sir and give it to him, if he has not then he must go to out-patience for his possible injuries.

You want to cower to low life's then that is your decision, certainly not mine. :)

Big difference between being a coward and being a fool. Would you walk around with 30,000 in cash sticking out of your pocket? You obviously have no idea how these people operate. They don't ask nice.

Why invite violence? It's not just you, criminals have been known to follow people home and if that happens you put others at risk.

I feel sorry for this old guy, at 78 years of age he wears a buddha on a chain, in the Hospital, where we all would expect to be safe, gets mugged in the 'Gents' by some woman, mind you the young bloke saved the day, whatever the cost of the necklace, it is not really relevent compared to this old guy's life, poor sod...!!:ermm:

Big difference between being a coward and being a fool. Would you walk around with 30,000 in cash sticking out of your pocket? You obviously have no idea how these people operate. They don't ask nice.

Why invite violence? It's not just you, criminals have been known to follow people home and if that happens you put others at risk.

It can happen ANYWHERE on the planet, in London, UK there are Eastern Europeans doing the same stuff every day as a job going for stuff they CAN'T see.

Buddha or not, here all of us are millionaires and so targets for your wallet, does that stop you going out, nooooooo, even though in your eyes '' they '' think you pockets are stuffed with cash. :huh:

There is a very real problem of these necklace snatches going on in Pattaya. I know 2 ppl that it has happenned to, one of which ended up in hospital after being dragged off her motorbike.

I was given some very sound advise once (in Cambodia) that if you give someone the opportunity to take something from you then you are partly to blame which basically meant don't flaunt your wealth or let it be known you have something of value on you.

If, being aware of the Jetski problems in Pattaya, I went and rented one and got ripped off I would expect to be ridiculed for it. Same if I decided to sail a yacht to Somalia and inadvertently got killed by pirates I would expect ppl to question what i was doing there in the first place.

Having said that I still smoke, drink and live in Pattaya so maybe I am that fool!

Anyone should be able to wear what they like (with the exeption of black socks and sandals and lycra cycling shorts) :) but i must admit i really cannot for the life of me see why anyone would walk the streets of Pattaya with a gold chain worth 30000 baht on display

Last time I looked on Google maps, the Satahip Naval Hospital is not in Pattaya.

Yermanee

Edited by Rimmer
see rule 30

There you go again, picking words from my post, :rolleyes:

A Buddha and chain is not jewellery in the true sense. I wear it cause my mrs wants me too. NEVER worn any jewellery before, except a ring, in my life. Like a wedding ring l wear the Buddha, and no asshol_e will tell me otherwise, not you, a thief.

If a guy has a gun, l will call him sir and give it to him, if he has not then he must go to out-patience for his possible injuries.

You want to cower to low life's then that is your decision, certainly not mine. :)

Sorry chum but l don't give a shit what people think about what l wear, l do not wear my Buddha to show off, far from it, it's what l want to do, simple really.

YOU, have just shown that if you saw me out and about that l am a show off, how wrong you are and this just shows YOUR and other peoples mind set. Sad really. :rolleyes:

Big difference between being a coward and being a fool.

Sure is.

Would you walk around with 30,000 in cash sticking out of your pocket?

Some people would, or as good as anyway, as some people's psychological needs for self assurance reach pretty embarrassing levels.

Big difference between being a coward and being a fool.

Sure is.

Would you walk around with 30,000 in cash sticking out of your pocket?

Some people would, or as good as anyway, as some people's psychological needs for self assurance reach pretty embarrassing levels.

Coward or a fool, or living your life as you want, not cower to the low life's of this world. :)

You can live your life walking in the shadows but me, hmmmm, what happens, happens.

Edited by Rimmer
Inflammatory