Motorbike Into Myanmar

toret

...by land for a tour of the country or at least part of it, if this is in any way possible. I will be coming via Thailand.

Anyone KNOW, i repeat KNOW, what would be at least a few of the bureacratic challenges of such a mission?

The cambodian-thai border crossings I have done more than once, so we need not digress into that part but focus on the entering of and/or the roaming around in Myanmar on my bright red CB-1.

Naysayers are not welcome, unless it is proven both in theory and IRL that it is completely impossible.

Perhaps this one should have been posted under tourism, but what the heck, I am no tourist. i am a man on a mission.

" i am a man on a mission. "

Jesus ! :D

..i would like to find out too, i never went out of the country with any personal vehicles, did you had to pay much for Cambodia?

There's a gent on GT Rider who has managed to drive his Thai registered truck into Myanmar, but as far as I know still no luck getting a bike across.

Can't find that thread but here's a good read:

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/threads/33997-The-Magic-of-Myanmar-by-Moto-December-2010?highlight=burma

Happy Trails!

Tony