Post Office Comes Through

MissChris

A few months ago I asked on this forum about a seemingly lost parcel. Koalas for my son's gorgeous Thai girlfriend. It had been posted early December 2010. It was suggested that I wait a while. I checked with the online shop (the Australian Koala Foundation) that the shipment had gone. They offered to send a repeat order, free. They had never sent a parcel to Thailand before. I said 'no - we'll wait a bit' since this was the advice I had from forum members.

I also sent my son on a hunt of all the post offices in the area. He's in Chalong and was grumbling about having to go to Phuket Town and god only knows where else. It was going to be a mission.

So last Monday, I sent off a parcel with DHL - emergency stuff for son needing to get to Phuket urgently. On the way I dropped into the koala shop in Brisbane and bought more koalas (another 15 - most are very little) and they went in the parcel too.

Got a lovely email from son's gf, saying she was going to put them in her car.

Yesterday the Australian Koala Foundation shop emailed me to find out if the parcel had arrived. Again they offered to resend my order. Again I declined.

Two hours later, text from son: 'We found the other package in Rawai. Koala mayhem'

I'm so glad I refused the offer to resend the order. I reckon my son is going to have enough trouble fitting into a car with 30 koalas...(and apparently her driving is 'breathtaking' in any case)...45 just might end up a bit ugly...

Bright blessings to the Rawai post office. It's lovely to think they would still be patiently looking after a parcel for four months. I do get saddened when I read things on the forums bagging out Thais.