English/Thai Speaking Private Guide?

Nicole79

Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a private guide that can speak both English and Thai? I am looking into doing a 30 day tour of Thailand to take photographs. I'd like to visit all sorts of visually stunning locations; beaches, waterfalls, gardens, rural areas, villages, cities, temples and so on. I'm hoping that I can find a guide who will stick with me for the entire trip.

Would October be a good month to try this sort of trip? I've been reading that it's the end of the monsoon season. -- I'd make sure my gear was waterproofed.

Any other tips or advance you can offer would be great! Thanks for your time.

Please clarify, will you be providing transportation, lodging, meals? How many people besides yourself? Do you want a planned itinerary or take it one day at a time. It sounds like you might want a Driver/guide/interpreter. Would you be willing to pay B500 per day and pick up expenses? Plug in all the information and you will get many more responses.

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I would be interested in a driver/guide/interpreter. It would be just me, and I would be covering transportation, lodging, meals and expenses. I could work 500 bhat per day into the budget. I think I'd like a somewhat planned itinerary. I may want to stay a little longer at certain places to ensure I get good lighting for my shots (sunrises, sunsets etc), so I'd like the schedule to be somewhat flexible.

• 1 year later...

I much prefer the rainy season for photographs. After a downpour you get some of the most amazing shots. If you wait until Nov/Dec, the fields will have been harvested you may catch some early burning and things won’t be so fresh and green. The rain is often in the form of thunderstorms which pass fairly quickly. While the temperature is better in December I don’t find it the best time for photography.

Hi there Nicole79 ... I know it's a base question.

Are you female?

Do you have a preference for a male or female guide?

OH ... just so that you can solicit your offers accordingly there is a genuine Tourist Guide Accreditation in Thailand.