Firefox 1 .0.7

Thetyim

FireFox 1.0.7 has been released and it fixes some security issues.

I cannot download the update , I have tried several times .

Has anyone managed to get it to work ?

Info here  http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...b4be29dfa1f6270

My entire hard drive has died;

'tis gone , like a parrot in the sky :o

Sorry to hear that Nickerelastic. Are you sure it's not pinin' for the fjords? Or has it passed on, spins no more, ceased to be, expired and gone to meet it's maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, rests in peace! It's metabolic processes are now 'istory! It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off it's mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile! It is an ex-disk!

I would take it back to that shop in Bolton.

I suggest that you bypass that and go straight to the 1.5 Beta1 download.  It is fantastic!

hi' mouse,

can you tell us how "fantastic" it is :D

any new features?

pay attention that extensions you had are updated for the latest version of firefox :o

(and don't forget that it's a beta release)

francois

I suggest that you bypass that and go straight to the 1.5 Beta1 download.  It is fantastic!

hi' mouse,

any new features?

pay attention that extensions you had are updated for the latest version of firefox :o

francois

Sorry for the delayed response busy as heck with a couple of projects. In any case 1.5Beta. I see it as faster and a lot of the extension that I needed before are now built into the browser. I only use a few and am quite pleased. The only extenison that I do not yet have that I need is SPOOFSTICK. Maybe that is why it is faster, it is not cluttered with all the extensions that I had before.

hi' mouse,

any new features?

francois

The new version is clever enough to tell you - and not install - extensions that are not compatible. The new extension list also gives you the option to go find updates. Very neat! But too many of my "must have" extensions are not yet compatible.