9 killed, 81 injured in Quran burning protest in southern Afghanistan

News_Editor

respect is earned and given

its not intimidated out of you or demanded as a right

Islam is the religion of fear and they have no damned right to threaten to behead or boil me in oil because i don't agree with them

but what do i know, i am just a low down shit on the bottom of a muslims shoe infidel...................

Respect such as extremists burning poppies and union jacks on rememberance day, or threats to bomb the forthcoming royal wedding? Respect is one way with radical Islam, there is no negotiating with them.

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Islam does not deserve any respect

acts such as this driven by UK Islamic leaders like Andy Choudary are disgraceful

he should be deported and all his followers

the UK is too much of a politically correct pussy now to do so

i lament the old days and applaude Enoch Powell for being right way back in 1967

Islam is the religion of fear and they have no damned right to threaten to behead or boil me in oil because i don't agree with them

but what do i know, i am just a low down shit on the bottom of a muslims shoe infidel...................

And this has happened to you? Your family? Your friends? You know someone who it has happened to?

Or are you a product of things you have "heard"?

And this has happened to you? Your family? Your friends? You know someone who it has happened to?

I've been threatened by a Muslim with being burned to death if I didn't leave the building I was in. The rioters were burning buildings a short distance away at the time so I left and happily survived.

It got my attention that day.

I've been threatened by a Muslim with being burned to death if I didn't leave the building I was in. The rioters were burning buildings a short distance away at the time so I left and happily survived.

I should clarify that I know there are bad folks in the world everywhere.

There are also religious zealots of all religions that read into their chosen holy books reasons to commit the acts they do.

My original post was that "Tolerance & respect or understanding of other cultures is dead".....

It is a 2 way street

Never in my post did I say any side was more tolerant or less tolerant.

But this loss of tolerance will go round in a circle & none will *know* where it began...But it is not hard to imagine where it will end.

how about these extracts from the koran

so Flying what about you, are you a PC defender of all things,

Please do not misunderstand my post yet again...........

I am sure many could come here & trade verse with you from any holy book starting with the Holy Bible & find extracts that could be interpreted as violent directions.....That is not the point

No timekeeper I am no PC defender of anything

how about these extracts from the koran

so Flying what about you, are you a PC defender of all things,

Please do not misunderstand my post yet again...........

I am sure many could come here & trade verse with you from any holy book starting with the Holy Bible & find extracts that could be interpreted as violent directions.....That is not the point

No timekeeper I am no PC defender of anything

you asked for examples to justify my post

i answered with examples that proved my point

no misunderstanding there

I should clarify that I know there are bad folks in the world everywhere.

There are also religious zealots of all religions that read into their chosen holy books reasons to commit the acts they do.

My original post was that "Tolerance & respect or understanding of other cultures is dead".....

It is a 2 way street

Never in my post did I say any side was more tolerant or less tolerant.

But this loss of tolerance will go round in a circle & none will *know* where it began...But it is not hard to imagine where it will end.

no imagination is necessary

if Islamisation is not stopped, we will be all looking at either converting or being treated as second class citizens of the world or worse...........

if Islamisation is not stopped, we will be all looking at either converting or being treated as second class citizens of the world or worse...........

Your fears have colored your reasoning

not to go off topic but I wanted to say I liked your sig line.

Very funny & had me laughing

Your fears have colored your reasoning

not to go off topic but I wanted to say I liked your sig line.

Very funny & had me laughing

i don't think so

even mathematically we will be outnumbered in 20 years

christians have on average 1.8 children

islam families have on average 8.2 children

you do the math............

The misunderstanding is in your comprehension of my post.

I did not ask for rhetoric I asked if you had been subject to any of those things you seem to fear.

If it were a matter of rhetoric someone would post examples such as these....

Yet you probably do not live in fear of Christians Catholics etc taking over your world do you?

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives. (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

Edited by flying

i don't think so

even mathematically we will be outnumbered in 20 years

christians have on average 1.8 children

islam families have on average 8.2 children

you do the math............

So you are saying you are in fear of what may come?

The misunderstanding is in your comprehension of my post.

I did not ask for rhetoric I asked if you had been subject to any of those things you seem to fear.

If it were a matter of rhetoric someone would post examples such as these....

Yet you probably do not live in fear of Christians Catholics etc taking over your world do you?

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives. (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

who worries about Christians, Catholics, Jehovah witnesses, christian scientists, Hindus, church of England, etc

none of them want to kill me because i am not one of them

nor do they run around blowing themselves and others up to show their faith..........

who worries about Christians, Catholics, Jehovah witnesses, christian scientists, Hindus, church of England, etc

none of them want to kill me because i am not one of them

nor do they run around blowing themselves and others up to show their faith..........

Not I

I do not fear any of those you mentioned.

I only mentioned it because your post quoted instructions of violence from one countries holy book.

I only meant to show you other holy books also have such instructions yet the majority do not act on those.

Your belief that others want to kill you is based in fear not reality.

Yes there are nut jobs that blow themselves up & others in many countries. I am sure you being from Europe can think of a few.

Lastly you know you posted that comic strip about Jewish internment & then the speech by Geert Wilders which I admit I did not completely read as I could see where it was headed. Although the parts I read did make me wonder if they are so worried of take over

then why allow their country to be over run? Any country has the right to determine its immigrants. Being we all have some tie to Thailand we all know that very well as we have all dealt in visa both there & our home country if we brought a Thai wife home.

But between the comic & the speech...

Do you see a correlation? Hitler was a very persuasive orator & his antisemitic speeches bred hatred & fear in his countries people.

So much so that they acted on that fear without any reality in their actual lives. We know where that went.

Do not misunderstand me I am as I said not a PC defender nor a pacifist. I would have no problem killing anything that unprovoked attacked me or mine. But my original post was again about Tolerance & respect or understanding of other cultures. I did not mean that as an invitation to give up anyone's country, constitution or rights.

Edited by flying

I said it before on another thread about the South in Thailand and say it again.

Muslims in none islamic territorries must be signing a statement that the quran, haddiths and sunnahs are not to be taken literally. Only then we can get an overview of their real understandings. Sure some would sign and most not. --- Bingo

I said it before on another thread about the South in Thailand and say it again.

Muslims in none islamic territorries must be signing a statement that the quran, haddiths and sunnahs are not to be taken literally. Only then we can get an overview of their real understandings. Sure some would sign and most not. --- Bingo

Such a signing serves no purpose. "Believers" are allowed to lie to the infidels and dhimmi to further jihad.

Another issue is that it is an absolute infringement of people's rights to maintain a personal faith. These people have every right to their beliefs. The line in the sand is when they attempt to impose those beliefs on the society they are in. With the first sign of violence, they should be removed from society, either deported or placed in a facility where they will be educated in concepts such as human rights and freedoms.

So much blood has been shed by the Church because of an omission from the Gospel: "Ye shall be indifferent as to what your neighbor's religion is." Not merely tolerant of it, but indifferent to it. Divinity is claimed for many religions; but no religion is great enough or divine enough to add that new law to its code."

- Mark Twain, a Biography

Islam does not deserve any respect

acts such as this driven by UK Islamic leaders like Andy Choudary are disgraceful

he should be deported and all his followers

the UK is too much of a politically correct pussy now to do so

i lament the old days and applaude Enoch Powell for being right way back in 1967

Enoch Powell eh? Yes he was villified for what he stated, though I doubt he had in mind the nature of the true threat to emerge to western civilisation would be based on a fundamentalist religion determined to destroy our society to make way for a global Caliphate. I think Henderson had it right with his Clash of Civilisations paper, with reference to Islam he wrote Islam has bloody borders, as those in the South of Thailand will be aware, or anywhere a Muslim population comes into contact with infidels for that matter.

The issue is far bigger than fanatics goading each other, there is a game plan to undermine western democracies from within using their democratic processes, welfare systems and human rights laws against them. I hope people wake up and see the danger.

Here is a good article from Culture wars, the last paragraph says it all in my oppinion.

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2011/04/violence_and_quran_burning.php

Let's be clear on one thing-- in no sense do I have to condone Jones' ideology, his hatred of Muslims, or his decision to burn a copy of their sacred text in order to hold the Afghani mullahs and rioters 100% responsible for what they did. They reacted violently in response to desecration of a symbol, a reaction to which Americans are not immune (as can be seen in the effort every couple of years to ban burning of the flag) but which for the most part we have rightly condemned as a fundamentally unacceptable response. Burning a sacred text is not shouting "Fire" falsely in a crowded theater; it is not incitement to violence; it is not a violation of anyone's property rights provided the copy you burn is your own. It is Constitutionally protected free speech in America, something that Afghanistan might want to try. There just might be fewer violent outbursts if their own government decided that the destruction of sacred symbols is not desirable but also doesn't justify attacking anyone or anything.

Exactly right. We can condemn Terry Jones for being an idiot and a bigot, and we should. But let us put the blame squarely where it belongs, on those who are insane enough to think that they can kill those who dare to insult their religion. Screw your religion and screw your feelings, if you believe you can kill in the name of god -- any god -- then you are an ignorant, barbaric, amoral thug.