Thaksin Kicks Off Election Campaign In New Phone-In

Lite Beer

Where is he calling in from? I would suspect he may be putting himself in danger by running a political campaign like this from a country hosting him.

But if I believed he was going to issue me an ATM card to prevent me from every being in debt, I would vote for him. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it possible that people are actually still believing this troll when he makes statements like:

"I will revive Thailand within six months. After the first three months, the headache will be gone. The following three months, people will have money to spend, lots of money in everybody's pocket..."

Alas, his "solutions" appear to be rather murky:

"He proposed that farmers should be issued "cash cards" to be used in buying production tools. 'Farmers don't have to be in debt anymore. They can their own creditors...' he said, without elaborating."

A lot of hot air without substance as usual. Too bad so may people put futile hopes in the fairy tales they're being told of Thailand magically transforming into a land of milk and honey by the good graces of this self-styled savior.

It's about time for the man to shut up. But then again, he might know something we don't. After all, he seems very confident that he'll be back in Thailand before long:

"Any district that can win an election will see me spending the night there as a gesture to pay back poliltical debt..."

It looks to me as though the era of governments that were installed and dominated by the military is fading away.

It looks to me that it is set to continue for many years to come. The last coup and Junta coming in 2006.

We see the military regularly acting on its own accord by receiving unprecedented funding since the coup and countermanding and denouncing government decisions when it suits, being completely immune to any sort of reprehensibility for its actions.

Unprecedented funding? All it did was bring it up to about average for the region.

What's the hurry about naming our candidate as prime minister? Wait until the House is dissolved...and I will let you know the name," he said.

The man is a pathological liar. Throughout the illegal and violent redshirt protests, he claimed he did not lead them or the PT.

Not to mention his frequent 'no more politics for me, I'm just a guy looking for work' statements to the press.

How can anyone with a brain take this man seriously?

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. :D

Now remarkably naive. :whistling:

Do you mean the Friends of Newin that joined PPP? (Then decided to NOT join PTP?)

Abhisit_Newin.jpg

Care to explain the relevance? Oh wait .. banned right? But part of PPP? No complaints then were there?

How is it possible that people are actually still believing this troll when he makes statements like:

"He proposed that farmers should be issued "cash cards" to be used in buying production tools. 'Farmers don't have to be in debt anymore. They can their own creditors...' he said, without elaborating."

That was the one that leapt out at me, unfortunately wild promises with no substance have an unhealthy habit of being believed by the rural poor.

If he had actually made an attempt to elaborate how he was going to achieve that goal, I think even the dumbest of the dumb would see it as a blatant lie.

As accurate as his earlier announcement that drugs had been completely eradicated from Thailand.

As well as the one where he promised to solved Bangkok's traffic problems and also that poverty would be eliminated in Thailand.

What a lying blowhard.

He's done better on both counts than the current incumbent.

There are 3 lies. Which 2 are "both?"

Point being, he blatantly lied about all 3.

Has anyone else made his bold (and lying) statements?

What about:

"Any district that can win an election will see me spending the night there as a gesture to pay back poliltical debt."

How does he intend to do this? He doesn't even add any "ifs" such IF all the charges against me are dropped and I am allowed to return without facing jail or IF we win the election out right and not just a couple districts.

It isn't so much his lies that concern me but the folks who actually believe him.

Edited by Nisa

And there is the greater danger.

History tells us otherwise. 19 coups. 17 constitutions.

The military has a proven history of overthrowing elected governments and installing dictators and juntas.

And you're worried about Thaksin?

Good grief.

When the worms finally feast on this demagogue, we'll no longer concern ourselves with him.

It still amazes me that to this day some still have blinkers on, that blind them to the reality of Thaksins mindset. Regardless if the majority of Thai political players good, bad and indifferent still work within the existing system, the fact remain Thaksin is an exception to the rule of HOW a politician can and should act in and out of office. He sets an extraordinarily dangerous precedent. I love democracy, but there may be times it can not adequately stand up to onslaught, 'clear and present danger', and must be augmented for the safety of those very people Democracy would ostensibly represent.

and it will continue to amaze us that some people will believe this promise as well. A sorry state of affairs.

...effectively kicked off his election campaign...

Since when does a legally banned, and on the run from the law, self-exiled, former politician have the right to run in any election? Oh yes when he has no morals and more money than Crocious. The longer you look at this person the more dangerous he seems.

Well said plus ... "... following three months, people will have money to spend, lots of money in everybody's pocket..."

This is the time factor this conman places on getting his grubby little hands on the Govt purse strings. it is all about him and his cronies.

How many times did this monkey announce that he quit politics already?

"I will revive Thailand within six months. After the first three months, the headache will be gone. The following three months, people will have money to spend, lots of money in everybody's pocket..." he said.

Hope he'll come back to serve his time///:jap:

He specifically told Udon candidates: "Any district that can win an election will see me spending the night there as a gesture to pay back poliltical debt. Make sure, Udon, that you don't miss even one seat. Next time, make a clean sweep," he instructed.

Spending the night in a prison cell , paying back your debt to society would make more sense than paying a political debt, but then Tacky makes no sense at all.

Much better resolution is his plane goes down at sea and is never found or specifically explained. Other wise his grave becomes a shrine for further burnishing to a demi-god status, demagoguery, and others will milk that for decades to come.

Do you honestly believe that calling for the death of Thaksin is a responsible statement? And yet you point your finger at various political groups in Thailand calling them violent thugs? You can dance around with semantics and claim oh, but it was just a hypothetical scenario and snicker. Sadly, the fact remains that you are calling for death. Did you think your statement through? If a plane goes down, and is never found or specifically explained, what happens to the crew, or does your sick fantasy only have Thaksin on board? Basically you are asking that the pilot, co-pilot and FAs die too. Nice. Would you like to have a super orgasm and have the privilige of telling the aircraft crew's family that their loved ones died? Would your joy go to a new height if you could laugh at a kid while saying, Guess what, your daddy died at sea, hahaha??

This is why I hold the anti Thaksin camp in such disdain. You are always the first to complain about violence, but you never want to take responsibility for your rhetoric and malicious demands for Thaksin and others' deaths. This is why the Redshirts don't trust people like you and why many foreigners with no great love for Thaksin look at people like you and say go Thaksin go, if only to rid Thailand of the foreigners like you.

Edited by geriatrickid

"I will revive Thailand within six months. After the first three months, the headache will be gone. The following three months, people will have money to spend, lots of money in everybody's pocket..." he said.

As Prime Minister??

I can see your point as his term was disrupted by the military coup. I suppose he could finish his term in office. smile.gif

As Prime Minister??

I can see your point as his term was disrupted by the military coup. I suppose he could finish his term in office. smile.gif

His term was interrupted by him dissolving parliament. The coup interrupted his term as care taker, which wad already longer than allowed.

As usual his position is as fuzzy as his picture. And don't makesense at all

Put your thinking cap on. Thaksin's proposal on the cards to buy farm implements is borrowed from several successful rural development programs and is an updated on the Canadian co-op farmers assistance program of the 1930's. It will probably upset the money lenders and the equipment middlemen, but its been proven effective elsewhere.

Much better resolution is his plane goes down at sea and is never found or specifically explained. Other wise his grave becomes a shrine for further burnishing to a demi-god status, demagoguery, and others will milk that for decades to come.

Do you honestly believe that calling for the death of Thaksin is a responsible statement? And yet you point your finger at various political groups in Thailand calling them violent thugs? You can dance around with semantics and claim oh, but it was just a hypothetical scenario and snicker. Sadly, the fact remains that you are calling for death. Did you think your statement through? If a plane goes down, and is never found or specifically explained, what happens to the crew, or does your sick fantasy only have Thaksin on board? Basically you are asking that the pilot, co-pilot and FAs die too. Nice. Would you like to have a super orgasm and have the privilige of telling the aircraft crew's family that their loved ones died? Would your joy go to a new height if you could laugh at a kid while saying, Guess what, your daddy died at sea, hahaha??

This is why I hold the anti Thaksin camp in such disdain. You are always the first to complain about violence, but you never want to take responsibility for your rhetoric and malicious demands for Thaksin and others' deaths. This is why the Redshirts don't trust people like you and why many foreigners with no great love for Thaksin look at people like you and say go Thaksin go, if only to rid Thailand of the foreigners like you.

Her didn't say anything about a crew Geriatric. He said not found or specifically explained, and he's figuratively speaking that if the man was not around, lots of lives would surely have been spared already.

His term was interrupted by him dissolving parliament. The coup interrupted his term as care taker, which wad already longer than allowed.

And it can be argued that he'd have been PM again had the coup not occurred.

You have an uphill struggle since the military coup was a game changer as was the military involvement in the last election. One doesn't even need to be a Thaksin supporter to have a chortle as the Thaksin haters scramble to explain away the coup.

In any case, If Thaksin's group wins the election, what are you going to do? Do you want me to send over a box for you to pack up your worldly possessions so that you can flee?

As Prime Minister??

Hmmm strangely he is not eligible to become an MP (and thus cannot become the PM), since he has that minor little issue of being sentenced to jail, plus he has so many outstanding cases against him.

As pointed out nothing but Thaksin interrupted his term in office due to him dissolving parliament and calling for elections which failed.

You keep suggesting (baiting) that anti-Thaksin posters will be in trouble if he gets back into power, why would that be in a democracy?

What's the hurry about naming our candidate as prime minister? Wait until the House is dissolved...and I will let you know the name," he said.

The man is a pathological liar. Throughout the illegal and violent redshirt protests, he claimed he did not lead them or the PT.

Not to mention his frequent 'no more politics for me, I'm just a guy looking for work' statements to the press.

Because he did good

Ask a Thai

Because he did good

Ask a Thai

I have spoken to MANY Thai people that state that Thaksin was divisive and caused a great deal of harm to Thailand, starting with his systematic destruction of the checks and balances required for a democracy to function.

You just named the problem there is in Thailand and which Thaksin exploits.

Precisely. The Thai-er than Thai crowd are up in arms when anybody intimates that the average Thai IQ is low and that they lack savvy but it appears that Thaksin is also of that mind. What follows? Within a year everybody will own a Benz?

Is this Thaksin's April Fool joke?

The Che T-shirt wearers and other fellow travellers who last year were lining up to support the red violence (and would do so again) always pushed (and continue to push) out the line that the political dynamic was not about Thaksin or had gone beyond Thaksin. Classic broad left Stalinist Communist Party strategy based on a defunct stages theory which positions itself looking for 'Thaksin first and then us' nonsense. The 'its not about Thaksin' line is just that, a line and spin to garner support. But the fundamental position is and always been that they stand four-square behind Thaksin as their leader. No ifs and no buts at crunch time. The whole political strategy for the next election will be to push Thaksin as Father Christmas. True class politics there will be none in this attempt for a former member of the ruling class to capture state power. His position as the classic overreacher has not changed one iota so his moves are predictable. First, as in this thread will be argued that Thaksin is the lesser of the two evils and the crisis of legitimacy. Then the bleeding hearts will come in wailing about social change of which there is none in the red programme. All stands second in line to his attempted buying of the election with red intimidation as the cherry on the cake. At least the red supporters are clear: they expect to get paid. The forum red cheerleaders get nothing except some hoped for reflected glory as they march to the promised land. Thaksin's tools.

"I am sick and tired of these people. We are in the opposition. What's the hurry about naming our candidate as prime minister? Wait until the House is dissolved...and I will let you know the name," he said.

And of course the Candidate is someone no longer in Politics,does not know the Redshirts,has no influence in Politics anymore,does not pay for Votes,Anarchy, Terrorism,Robbed his Country Blind, and at all times is guaranteed, to Lie like a PIG in SH*T.

Ooer! Wonder who that could be then ..???

As accurate as his earlier announcement that drugs had been completely eradicated from Thailand.

As well as the one where he promised to solved Bangkok's traffic problems and also that poverty would be eliminated in Thailand.

What a lying blowhard.

He's done better on both counts than the current incumbent.

There are 3 lies. Which 2 are "both?"

Point being, he blatantly lied about all 3.

Has anyone else made his bold (and lying) statements?

What about:

"Any district that can win an election will see me spending the night there as a gesture to pay back poliltical debt."

How does he intend to do this? He doesn't even add any "ifs" such IF all the charges against me are dropped and I am allowed to return without facing jail or IF we win the election out right and not just a couple districts.

It isn't so much his lies that concern me but the folks who actually believe him.

What a whopper of an ego too.

Just his mere presence sleeping in their town is supposed to be such a boon and political debt payment.

Hey folks vote form me, Animatic,

and I will come sleep in your district too!

Where is he calling in from? I would suspect he may be putting himself in danger by running a political campaign like this from a country hosting him.

His last known address, the Pheu Thai Party Financier and CEO was in the highly sought-after West African nation known as Ghana...

In light of the upcoming elections, it's noteworthy that Thaksin has returned to Facebook after an absence of more than a year.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/specials/nationvdo/showvdo.php?id=4144&cateid=13

He posted a new photo of himself living large amongst the movers and the shakers in the financial hub of Accra, Ghana

livinglarge.png

"I will revive Thailand within six months. After the first three months, the headache will be gone. The following three months, people will have money to spend, lots of money in everybody's pocket..."

Alas, his "solutions" appear to be rather murky:

A lot of hot air without substance as usual.

Perhaps they'll just re-issue and re-title old Thai Elite cards for these Farmer Cash cards.

They have about 1,000,000 of these cards that are unused.